Poll

Do cavalry really need to be able to 1 hit (Couch)?

Yes (State why)
No
Who cares
Trollllll

Author Topic: Question regarding couch  (Read 6616 times)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Question regarding couch
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2011, 02:32:36 pm »
This thread is meaningless.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2011, 03:22:22 pm »
If you don't have eyes in the back it's your own fault if you die to a couched lance. In fact it is totally useless versus decent players.

Besides non couched lances are already manually blockable just to make it more balanced.
If it was up to me I would atleast make people get knocked down if they manually bocked a non couched lance, given the horse runs at high speed.

If something should be fixed when it comes to horses it is to make them stay horses even after their death instead of making them illusions...
I mean, how can you not get a scratch from a horse that was alive 1cm before it hit your face at 50km/h? This game is so damn unrealistic...

;)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 03:25:50 pm by Riddaren »

Offline Garris

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2011, 05:59:18 pm »
Couched damage was king of the battlefield in the middle ages.   It deserves its place in CRPG. 

It's very situational, high risk, and expensive to bring to bear.

Truly a useless poll.

cry some more

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2011, 02:43:59 pm »
It's funny how all the justifications for couched damage can be applied to the soon to be nerfed barmace. I said it's only obvious that the barmace is being nerfed, becuase with a particular build it gave an unfair advantage, but the same applies to some (not all) couched damage weapons.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 04:34:39 pm by Ganon »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2011, 04:58:52 pm »
It's funny how all the justifications for couched damage can be applied to the soon to be nerfed barmace. I said it's only obvious that the barmace is being nerfed, becuase with a particular build it gave an unfair advantage, but the same applies to some (not all) couched damage weapons.

Last I checked the Bar mace has more then one direction of attack, and can dodge and weave in a melee. The Couched lance forces you to take a very predictable line of attack and have anyone with a moderate amount of skill (Even I have done this, and that is saying something) jump up to the side and slice the rider in two, avoiding the predictable couch.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2011, 06:45:30 pm »
It's funny how all the justifications for couched damage can be applied to the soon to be nerfed barmace.

It's funny how it's untrue, but whatever. It's not like couching serves any purpose except killing afkers when you're still a low str guy so eh, might as well remove the thing ;)

The barmace is still hilariously broken.

In fact, let's talk about the lol OP and what he suggests:
"The point of the thread is that cav don't need couching as using a heavy lance is more then enough apart of pikes which giving great lance thrust would be a solution."

Great lance thrust would be incredibly, amusingly and hilariously overpowered. The great lance is basically never used because it can couch instead of thrust. It would make cavalry absurdly overpowered if it could thrust.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 06:52:38 pm by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Krakatit

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Krakatit
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2011, 06:46:27 pm »
Guys this thread is about couching and it is really old...
There is another thread about barmace!

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2011, 07:05:33 pm »
I said yes because couching is an essential part of the game and shouldn't be taken away. Taking away couch would be like taking away CT from all the maces. So if CT completely disappears then sure be done with couch as well idc I don't cough except for afk people, thrusting is a lot easier and usually is a 1 hit itself.
On it.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2011, 07:51:23 pm »
Apart that great lance has 55 speed?

But mine was just a question not a solution or what your inventing read the title I wanted to know the reasons and none was justified why cav need an unblockable 1 hit attack /end thread

Please stop reviving the thread as people think I am reviving it and keep on thinking I am suggesting but mine was a curiosity what people think and got the answers.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2011, 09:07:48 pm »
Couched damage was king of the battlefield in the middle ages.   It deserves its place in CRPG. 

It's very situational, high risk, and expensive to bring to bear.

Truly a useless poll.

cry some more

It's not situational and risky, you can perform this move against any 1h/2h user with little chance to stop it. Yes, you have to learn to execute it, but after you have some practice with it, it's ezmode.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2011, 09:26:19 pm »
It's not situational and risky, you can perform this move against any 1h/2h user with little chance to stop it. Yes, you have to learn to execute it, but after you have some practice with it, it's ezmode.

I disagree. A player entering couch mode is quite exposed to arrows, despite the new "shield cover" animation. Even if a player throws a rock and hits the shield doing 0 damage, the animation will knock him out of couch-mode.

Its a move best performed against an unaware opponent, because they will have no time to use the variety of tactics to counter the couch.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 09:31:33 pm by Seawied »
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2011, 09:28:54 pm »
Apart that great lance has 55 speed?

But mine was just a question not a solution or what your inventing read the title I wanted to know the reasons and none was justified why cav need an unblockable 1 hit attack /end thread

Please stop reviving the thread as people think I am reviving it and keep on thinking I am suggesting but mine was a curiosity what people think and got the answers.

I love how people ignore you.  :(
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2011, 09:40:06 pm »

Because it was already in the game and there is no reason to remove it.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2011, 09:44:58 pm »
I disagree. A player entering couch mode is quite exposed to arrows, despite the new "shield cover" animation. Even if a player throws a rock and hits the shield doing 0 damage, the animation will knock him out of couch-mode.

Its a move best performed against an unaware opponent, because they will have no time to use the variety of tactics to counter the couch.

Aren't those ranged weapons ? Variety of tactics ? Like equipping invisible pike/light lance, longest 2h weapons can stab the horse and kill it in one shot (? with old animations they had the chance, i dunno if it's possible with new) - if they fail to kill they are dead.

I know that ranged can counter couch, thats why i said 1h/2h are dead/shieldless.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2011, 10:26:18 pm »
I rarely couch on my cavalry character, it is a high risk move usually getting me killed if I use it frequently.
Only time I couch is on a flat area and when some noob is not paying attention.

And yes, if you don't know how to avoid a couch, than you suck.
Don't mind the fish.