Author Topic: chadz, we want the classic version of CRPG  (Read 16032 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: chadz, we want the classic version of CRPG
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2011, 08:13:48 pm »
Old c-rpg = faster game speed = more interesting melee fights

And many more.

I'm pretty sure that old system had more good points compared to current c-rpg.

And no strat is fine because if old strat was ressurected no one would play current strategus because it sux ballz.
It would take like 3 months before the game speeds would become any faster than we have now.

The old system was severely borked. chadz, thats why you need to do this. To make sure that everyone with nostalgia glasses can readjust there opinion when offered with proper comparison material.

Still it had some good elements, that should be looked at, and maybe put into the current version. Cause there is some sweet middle ground between these two versions.

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2011, 08:19:05 pm »
+1
Since when are you high Agi/wpf?! I can haz arrow past your shield if I aim properly! Or are you still skimping on shield skill with that brown heater of yours...
you know im high on weed ! but im also high on Agi\wpf :D  with my measly 175 wpf and skillful footworking its actually easy to outswing most

its even easier when i wear my studden coat , i see thoses archers running but im like jason ! eventually ill catch you !!

yes i have 3 shield skill more is not needed , i got to say i miss the huscarl forcefield but i dont miss his slow arse

Offline Nurax

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Blah...
  • Game nicks: Hiragano
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2011, 08:20:48 pm »
+1
Actually I left cRPG, because of the new cRPG, I startet playing with old one and I loved it...new cRPG doesnt have this feeling in my opinion, so absolutly a try worth. :)

+1!!

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2011, 08:23:13 pm »
What happens if the old cRPG turns out to be more popular than "improved" one?
chadz will commit suicide :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2011, 08:25:28 pm »
chadz will commit suicide :P
old players would definatly quit new crpg for the old... i know i would

a mix of both would be badass tho

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2011, 08:25:36 pm »
+1
Guys why are you so afraid of tincans ?
cRPG has changed .
How many top scorer infantry kill machines you know who wears tincan and has flamberge ?
How many epic killing machine cav you know who rides plated chargers ?

Do you think they don't use them cuz they have huge upkeep ?

Don't be that naive.

Playing with tincan is really hard these days , you cannot move fast, you can't have a decent footwork and other infantry just spam the shit out of you.
I've seen too much tincans die by a polearm spammer.

About the plated charger...just lol.
Ask Leed and Torben why they use courser instead of plated charger they'll explain you better.

About the teamkilling thing.It's out there already.
I think giving some love to successful players in team would encourage others to play actually rather than leech.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2011, 08:26:32 pm »
cRPG has changed .
How many top scorer infantry kill machines you know who wears tincan and has flamberge ?

Don't be that naive.

Playing with tincan is really hard these days , you cannot move fast, you can't have a decent footwork and other infantry just spam the shit out of you.

Lol, you almost got me on that joke.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2011, 08:29:15 pm »
For people talking bad about old cRPG - you are looking through the lens of the last 2 months of old cRPG where many of the linear and exponentional elements had grown too far.  chadz is talking about a full reset with everyone as peasant - that means only 1 gold per kill instead of 6 or 7 or 8 and 1/6, 1/7th the xp.  It takes a LOT longer to build up from there.  All the problems you are discussing are late-stage issues, not early to mid-stage. 

If you were around last year August, September, and October (I started in August, it was like this in June and July too from what i heard) - it was fucking great.  One complete reset every 4 months solves most of the OP problems and it would not be controversial as it was back then because its not the main cRPG so people less invested in their characters as they were when a full reset was being discussed.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:30:59 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2011, 08:29:34 pm »
I want roman republic era armours, classical greek items, some macedonian items too, also i want ninja robes, more samurai armours, matchlock muskets, more zweihanders, and yes, ofocurse , SHOUTS

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2011, 08:29:39 pm »
+1
cRPG has changed .

Don't be that naive.

About the plated charger...just lol.
Ask Leed and Torben why they use courser instead of plated charger they'll explain you better.

About the teamkilling thing.It's out there already.
I think giving some love to successful players in team would encourage others to play actually rather than leech.

i love tin cans , they are easy , and as soon as frug finished loomming my mace ( god bless that man-frug)  its gonna be even easier

i got 2 types of armor , my travel light attiral ( a la LotR )   and my medium armor for clusterfucks   , 

Skill has improved over the time for everyone , crutching armor was a solution before , now good players loath the big armor as its slow down the user

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2011, 08:49:15 pm »
Skill has improved over the time for everyone , crutching armor was a solution before , now good players loath the big armor as its slow down the user

Yeah! Speed of movement is one of the most significant factors. Footwork helps a lot in keeping the proper distance between you and your enemy.

Also if killing is harder because of an armour, then it's harder for every class, so the OP classes wouldn't be as OP as they used to be ( if there were any except archers  8-) )

Skyrim UI

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2011, 08:54:56 pm »
sice the armor values of heavy armor have been changed, a lot of the people who used heavy armor for it's advantages are now using medium or sometimes even low tier armo, and for good reasons.

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2011, 08:57:03 pm »
+2
Still it provided more of an incentive to use tactics and such then now, people needed to stick together, something which is missing now. Cavalry was less spawnraping and all over the place. It kept things focused, it also made roofcamping less of a thing. Mostly there was one roof that both teams fought over. Not several filled with archers.
There's more team-play involved in mobbing than there is with the current way crpg is played. Not to mention, mobbing still wins the rounds, might as well have an incentive for it. This, in my opinion, is kind of underrated or misunderstood in this discussion. Lots of people seem to be under the impression that the multi system allowed for more "teamwork". The only thing I see it helping is flankers, and even then, AGI flanking is currently suicide.

A game rewarding the hardcore grinders and pummeling the casual players into the dirt. No skill based gameplay just spam your weapon in plate as fast as you can with your over the top wpf 24/24 lolbuilds.
That doesn't sound too different from where we're currently at. Now a days damn near every melee guy has loomed gloves and heavy/plate armor. At least back then looms weren't as common place. As far as "skill" goes, the current melee speed removes a lot of the skill requirement from battle servers. C-RPG's current speed doesn't even match that of a native medium speed server. So much for your "skill based gameplay".

1. Level cap doesn't allow diversity. I think that at least 70% of builds are 18/21 or 21/18, twohanders, polearmers, archers and cavalry, only crossbowmen and shielders go 15/24 or 18/18. This is boring. I think that soft cap should be moved to level 32, so that some people could have those OP, but very funny builds.
Indeed we have a lack of diversity right now, but I'm not ready to say it's because of the level cap. I think it's more or less that it is much more difficult to hybrid effectively than it was back in those days. Though I will admit that raising the level cap just a few levels would most likely allow people to get a fair amount of extra skill points which would probably add to the diversity.

A mix of what we got now and what we had would ve been  perfect....
This seems to be the general consensus. I think it was shik who put it best when he said "Crpg has lost its intensity".

We've had a lot of great improvements since then, mostly thanks to WSE I think. These improvements might allow for old game mechanics to be better implemented.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 09:01:25 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2011, 09:01:41 pm »
+2
To all you saying reintroduce old crpg with alterations.......... Shush thats dumb chadz isn't gunna support the old one if anything he will remove the abandoned sticker and lock from the ole playground with all the metal rides and the lack of safety that the ole playgrounds had an the kids who don't need to have their dicks held will once again enjoy smashing their teeth on a marry go round or snapping an arm on the jagged jungle gym playing chicken. SO MAN UP AND HOPE HE LETS US PLAY ON THE OLD STUFF! Cause I don't know about you but these new fangled plastic and rubber playgrounds suck nut make my hair staticky and shock me when I touch the few peices of metal it does have.

Offline Vex.

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • Fancy
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: Nord_Vex_TheWeakling
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2011, 09:04:40 pm »
+1
The thing is, back then you could enjoy grinding up to a level, now its lvl 31 and after that u need weeks after weeks with playing to even get a level... Neh, its not the cRPG i enjoyed.
And the tincan heroes back then, well most people SUCKED at blocking back then, so that explains it...
Sure it was unfair for peasants to play cuz they got raped by high lvl people, same shit now... And archery back then was cool because people could use heavy armor and even put some into shield skill without fucking up ur build.
Now you have to sacrifices a lvl to get 3 shield skill...
And strat exp now is fucked up, in old times strat was fun and the best way to level up = Makes more action i would say...
If we could get back old cRPG with slots I would be happy, cuz i can remember people with 2 sniper xbows + a big flamberge in their ass.
And pay to play, no problem...