Author Topic: chadz, we want the classic version of CRPG  (Read 16073 times)

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
Re: chadz, we want the classic version of CRPG
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2011, 01:52:44 pm »
Honeslty i have no fucking clue why anyone would want the old version back. Just abusing the wpf and lvling system making retardedly op builds whilst everyone is riding on plated chargers in full plate with flamberges. Archers Trolololing with 300+ wpf and then when you get close he pulls out a flamberge out of his ass. A game rewarding the hardcore grinders and pummeling the casual players into the dirt. No skill based gameplay just spam your weapon in plate as fast as you can with your over the top wpf 24/24 lolbuilds.

Why do you want it back? Probably some retarded misplaced nostalgia because no matter from what angle you look at it the new system is superior in all aspects
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2011, 01:57:48 pm »
You were much more cool back in the days man  :rolleyes:  :mrgreen:

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2011, 03:03:25 pm »
+1
Two things I really don't like about cRPG right now (not that anyone cares):

1. Level cap doesn't allow diversity. I think that at least 70% of builds are 18/21 or 21/18, twohanders, polearmers, archers and cavalry, only crossbowmen and shielders go 15/24 or 18/18. This is boring. I think that soft cap should be moved to level 32, so that some people could have those OP, but very funny builds.

2. Ladders. We were playing "Pew pew" squad the other day, 7 stf archers. When we were on ground or on reachable places (first several rounds), everything was OK, we got some kills, but also got killed, and we were both winning and losing. Single player can't get close to the group of archers covering each other, he will get teared to peaces, but as soon as the group of players with couple of shielders moves towards you, they will bust your ass unless your infantry protects you. And I think this is OK.

As soon as we started placing ladders on good spots and destroying them, it was a whole other story. We couldn't lose a round. All we have to do was to be patient and volley fire at anyone crazy enough to approach the building.

So these are two things I would change, if I had any influence. "Classic" version had a diversity, but some other solutions are much better in current one. If "classic" version would be brought back to life, I would probably play both.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xtrah

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Xtrah
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2011, 03:30:38 pm »
Hi,

It's signed.

I can only approved.

Xtrah

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2011, 03:33:20 pm »
+1
The only thing I miss is the +10% xp income boost/retirement.

Offline Xtrah

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Xtrah
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2011, 03:35:53 pm »
The only thing I miss is the +10% xp income boost/retirement.

Oh yeah, and when heirlooms were getting implemented :D When heirlooming was special...  :lol:

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2011, 03:49:22 pm »
multi system combined xp with banner balance or unbalance is the shittest thing happened to CRPG... 

instead of having fun we now have that win at all cost attitude that created lots of problems,

crpg is no fun but since its the only game that has semi decent combat mechanics , im stuck to play  until m&b 2
Can we please have some freaking deathmatch modes !!  im sick of being the guy that get balanced to fight clans    with your stupid ass balance system 

Sorry for the nerd rage but i had to , feels alot better now

if a classic version of crpg appear , you will never see me on the current  CRPG.... EVER ! which btw is the lamest CRPG builld

Going frenzy to get xp before server reboot was actually better than this crap system we have atm
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 03:51:55 pm by hippy_with_a_scimi »

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2011, 04:02:43 pm »
I'm not arguing it's more fair or anything, just more fun. People like getting them gold and xp ticks. There is something satisfying in being part of / near a big massacre and seeing the xp and gold ticks go nuts for a minute. I kinda miss that. I remember in the old system just standing near the action, trying desperately to survive the onslaught as long as possible, seeing the ticks roll in.

And to be fair, the current system of multipliers does kinda encourage an passive approach to battles. If you are at x4 or x5 on a hilly plains map, for example, the best strategy is often a very passive approach of hilltop camping, because well... defence works and you also want to prolong the round as much as possible to maximize the gold and xp you get.

Building in a little reward for kills or for being near the kills isn't that bad. The trick is to make it balanced in such a way that it doesn't impact overall xp and gold gains too much but still give the satisfaction of seeing and knowing your team is doing good.

The multiplier system rewards teamplay and wins. That is great. But why not allow for a little bit of 'hey, you just smacked a guy over the head and killed him, here's a cookie'? ;)

i totally aggreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2011, 05:15:03 pm »
+2
I didn't abuse wpf in the old system me and wallace were 30 plus str spamming aholes even in oldschool crpg and I miss old crpg so much the battling was so much faster the rounds had definite heroe's sure Kesh was an op whore pulling his team BUT GOD DID IT FEEL GOOD TO CLUB HIS RED HEAD ASS! I miss the old crpg so much with old armor old wpf old speed old super arrow rapeage sure getting shot to death always sucks but it just made the melee you did achieve all the sweeter. oh and the old hilarious triple sniper xbows with a 2hander. back when the base damage on those things was 100! God I would be playing the old crpg like a sleepless crack addict re addicted. I can only say my love for crpg has been slowly dieing with the gayer weapon registry the gayer armor changes the slowed gameplay the arrow change was for the better and worse in some ways. I approve of the cut change but not of the arrow knock speed change as the faster firing made for more intense gameplay. Besides I really only play for strategus now and even that I have not been caring about it is just a super lame trade route simulator with a bunch of peasant crap day in day out for like 3 months now. I remember when strategus just sorta felt like a bunch of bitchen theme battles each side in their own moderate gear. Also old strat exp was worth more than x1 time -.-

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2011, 05:20:25 pm »
This would be great, a second version with the old stuff would be awesome. A lot of stuff being overpowered and having to work hard for your money and levels is a nice fresh thing to have when you get bored of the newer 'balanced' nerf system of c-rpg where everything has a more simple and fair approach.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2011, 05:30:40 pm »
(click to show/hide)

THIS!!!  Since everyone is starting as peasant - which means a lot less gold/xp per kill it will be months before you see the OPness.  I was playing for 4 months a crazy amount with crazy startegus xp (which wont be around this time around) to get my character the way it was and that was after joining 2 months into that version of cRPG where people had already been leveling up for a while.  This will be fricken awesome and you know what - maybe it will need a reset once every 4-5 months, and all the OPness will be fixed.  I am soooo looking forward to this with my peasant short bow again and high speed blocking in battles.  I think we may mae the Tunatown server into this as well if chadz makes the changes.  Thank you thank you thank you chadz for a greta christmas present!!!!
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2011, 05:36:26 pm »
Thomek was lvl 40.. with 210 wpf, 10 athletics, 30 Agi, 21 str, 7ps, 7pt i think.. 12 Jarids 120 throwing and 103 speed katana.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2011, 05:53:31 pm »
Thank you thank you thank you chadz for a greta christmas present!!!!
Actually, I might give this one a try. See how long it works out until it crumbles from plated knights on elephants.

Not saying we're doing it, but if we do, understand that:
- support will be almost nonexistant,
- same for updates,
- strategus obviously won't work with it either,
- website will be the old, horrible one

and some other things. We'll discuss it and see if it could hurt the cRPG we actually like to continue improving.
Before you get your panties in a bunch.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2011, 05:53:49 pm »
+2
All i want from the old cRPG is gold/xp rewards for kills. The multiplier system is mostly making people rage or/and do annoying stuff like camping roofs etc. XP barn at least was hilarious. Not gonna play the old version though.

Yeah, sadly. The multiplier, IMO we tested this for long enough now, it sucks, lets get rid of it.

The only thing the multiplier does is make people play when they don't want to play. If you got X5 you feel you gotta stay, got X1 might as well quit then. If Gold/XP = Kills, people might even not rage that much over auto team balance since they can still rack up proper XP (valour is OK but its not good enough imo).

I'm sure that it might even get people to start working together again on Battle servers, been many months since I've seen everyone work properly together like old times in-game
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2011, 05:57:31 pm »
:-)

Old CRPG had its awesome and own balance (monsters controlled monsters)
Many people simply cant understand what being lvl 45 2h felt at that time.... So why 24/24 build?

27 / 27 dude xD

Allthough that high level archery surely was the deadliest...with or without pet....(and most annoying)
From an egoistic point of view, it was the golden age.....much like F1 in late 70's till late 80's....extreme.
From a community point of view it was a disaster.

Many of the old things needed some tweaking, but never a major overhaul.

A mix of what we got now and what we had would ve been  perfect....

No need to discuss over spilled milk...
So hey, may the old times rest in peace....you cant reproduce the feelings even if u set the sorroundings!