Poll

Do horses need a buff?

Yes
93 (45.1%)
No
113 (54.9%)

Total Members Voted: 206

Author Topic: Calvary needs a buff.  (Read 13409 times)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Calvary needs a buff.
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 05:42:45 pm »
calm down no one is nerfing it ;p its just my opionion about it, and as you said yes its one of the greatest support weapons that only cost 1500, also it works oddly in melee (hitting trought allies), and in 1on1 it depends on player skills if you can easily kill pike user or not

yeah hybrids are ok, but i would love distinction between foot and mounted. i get your point it would ruin a lot of builds and bring less fun for those players but its my opinion on that matter and i know its not a popular view ;]

anyways im fine with things as they are now, just saying my biased cav player opinion
Aye, i respect other person's opinions, but you have a very scary one . :D

Offline POCOMAKA

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Brodnics
  • Game nicks: Brodnic_WereWolverine
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 05:46:37 pm »
Horses don't need a buff. Throwing nerf is what we need.
Totally agree with u
POCOMAKA [sounds: rosomaka] - wolverine in ukrainian.
Ancient warrior totem - Wolverine carries with it the passion for truth, learning and pursuing goals with fierce determination.
Instant justice in cRPG:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 06:06:50 pm »
Cavalry is already the most powerful thing in M&B.

No. Its just you footmen (most of you) that are totally incompetent. You personally need to learn awareness, then all you have to do is turn around and 1 stab the horse, then 1 slash the rider before he can get up.

However, cavalry can still be done. Imho its the same as in native. The only difference is that most crpg-maps are anti-cav-maps/ archers paradise.

What I just dont like is that you cant play as heavy cavalry. Its two completely different playstyles. I can get kills with Rouncey, Leather Jacket, Khergit Boots, Light Lance, thats all I need, but I have to play as sneaky back-stabber all the time because the horse dies in 1 or 2 hits what is crazy.

The heavy cavalry is more a infantry support weapon, like a tank in WW2, to charge. Since charge damage was removed, its pointless, especially because the throwing damage is insane.

The issue with throwing could be solved easily by reducing the ammo. 1 throwing lance instead of 2, and the other stuff reduced to 2 pieces of shit for each slot.
I just played Singleplayer, and some Taiga Bandit 1 shotted me of the horse, and I do play as a Knight in Singleplayer, there at least I can afford the good stuff. So throwing is just overpowered in Warband, and its the same in crpg.

fuck K:D, i'm absolutely sure my team benefits more when i ride around on charger than on destrier. aye i might not get 2 more kills i'd get on faster horse but i can survive on a charger a very long time sucking all the ranged shit enemy throws at me instead on footmen. their archers focus me and are not aware if they're shoot at by archers of my team. no to mention i'm often being hunted down by wolfpack of light horses that always prefer rather to hunt chargers down than to hit my teamates. aye and i can kill any archer from a charger without taking any serious damage (unless he puls out some melee weapon when i'm about to ride him down).

In your dreams.

In reality, one throwing lance is enough to kill your horse. (I think you have very high shield skill, so your shield magnetism makes survive your horse survive so long. Its the shield who does the work. The horse itself, even the plated charger, cant take that much especially since the archers got buffed again with some nice extra damage points.)
One half-decent lancer on an unarmored horse kills you in a second, when you cant hide behind your pikemen and archers.

The heavy horses are only for fun atm, a very expensive hobby.

But its fun. So in a week the elephant rider should be back. =)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 06:17:58 pm »

No. Its just you footmen (most of you) that are totally incompetent. You personally need to learn awareness, then all you have to do is turn around and 1 stab the horse, then 1 slash the rider before he can get up.

Lol. I dehorse cavalry all the time, but only noobs and those who think I don't know they're coming. My awareness is just fine.

You fail at cavalry if you let your horse be stabbed with your long reach.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2011, 06:24:26 pm »
cav needs a buff.... you gotta be kidding. But i do agree on the price reduction. And prob nerf throwing instead of buffing cav.

Offline Soldier_of_God

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Tristan, Archerfaggotry, Sir_Edward
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2011, 06:45:07 pm »
Horses don't need a buff. Throwing nerf is what we need.

Don't you think a Calvary Buff would put archers and throwers on their toes again?

the reason they are running rampant is because there are no calvary to keep them in check, imo.

i was hoping more people would be interested in reviving calvary and posting ideas to get them back,
but it seems not  :(
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 06:47:35 pm by Soldier_of_God »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2011, 06:46:25 pm »
and once you are dismounted you are worthless as a peasant

Sounds like you have a character build issue tbh.
Cav are no less capable on foot as they are on a horse.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2011, 06:52:09 pm »
All this whine about cav, archery and so on is cause by one thing: THROWING. Cav doesn't need a buff, it's perfectly fine as it is and if throwing gets nerfed everything will be balanced.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2011, 06:54:31 pm »
throwing is so annoying atm :rolleyes:

Offline Soldier_of_God

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Tristan, Archerfaggotry, Sir_Edward
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2011, 07:01:57 pm »
calvary is not fine if all the good (and i use that lightly) warhorses are absolutely outrageously priced to buy and maintain so that 27% (see first thread) of people can use them; if even that since most of the higher paygrades hardly ever use calvary.

i mean, don't get me wrong here; warhorses should not be cheap, and buying one should never be a half-hearted investment,
but as everything stands, the vast majority cannot buy "good" horses. i mean, all i really want is a 20000 dollar warhorse; thats more reasonable than this isnt it?

War Horse   37160   hit points 120
body armor  40
requirement 5
horse speed  38
horse maneuver 39
horse charge 36

the only stats here that are reasonable are the manuver and charge stats... do you think a 120 health horse with 40 armor and 38 speed is going to last long?

i mean, if charge is the problem with horses, why not reduce the price by 50%, and reduce the charge by 50%?
17 charge is certainly reasonable, if the horse was less.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2011, 07:32:07 pm »
oh oh and a pike should be a dedicated anti-horse weapon, therefore its melee effectiveness should be decreased

there i said it

Screw you. First of all pike is the oldest melee weapon in the freaking world. It's not at all usefull in melee in game. There is only one good pikeman melee player (not me) that playes in EU. It's already the worst melee weapon there is. Go to hell  :twisted:
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2011, 07:38:46 pm »
To OP: Cavalry just received a huge buff and it's still not good enough?
To Michael: Yeah all those incompetent footmen who cant keep 360-degree view of the field. Especially when engaging in other activities. I follow cav continously and it's still fucking impossible. You have to be carfefull of enemies on foot, archers etc. and know where your own cav is. On top of that tracking enemy cav is IMPOSSIBLE.  :evil:
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2011, 07:42:56 pm »
calvary is not fine if all the good (and i use that lightly) warhorses are absolutely outrageously priced to buy and maintain so that 27% (see first thread) of people can use them; if even that since most of the higher paygrades hardly ever use calvary.

i mean, don't get me wrong here; warhorses should not be cheap, and buying one should never be a half-hearted investment,
but as everything stands, the vast majority cannot buy "good" horses. i mean, all i really want is a 20000 dollar warhorse; thats more reasonable than this isnt it?

Just as I am not supposed to wear plate all the time you are not supposed to use a warhorse all the time. Why not give me a full plate set for 20k gold if you get a 20k warhorse?

Offline Wulzzz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2011, 07:49:06 pm »
Guy, compensating your bad playstyle just with kinda ultra items isn't the way to be.
Try improving your gamestyle first.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2011, 07:55:06 pm »
Screw you. First of all pike is the oldest melee weapon in the freaking world. It's not at all usefull in melee in game. There is only one good pikeman melee player (not me) that playes in EU. It's already the worst melee weapon there is. Go to hell  :twisted:

ok ill just take all the pikes and ill be on my way than ;]