Poll

Do horses need a buff?

Yes
93 (45.1%)
No
113 (54.9%)

Total Members Voted: 206

Author Topic: Calvary needs a buff.  (Read 13400 times)

Offline Raskolnikov

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Calvary needs a buff.
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2011, 08:53:55 am »
"Calvary"!   :lol:

Goddamn crucifictions are useless! I mean, it took Jesus six whole hours to die! Buff Gol'gotha, buff Calvary!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 08:55:35 am by Raskolnikov »

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2011, 08:57:39 am »
nerf cav, im too OP on my horse :)

Offline Tigerclaw

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Diadochi
  • Game nicks: Tigerclaw
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2011, 01:51:07 pm »
Back on topic...

Bought a courser a couple weeks ago and paired it with a light lance, absolutely loving it. The balance feels quite good to me, as I have to avoid pikes, skilled spearmen, and massed archers, which are the traditional counters to cav anyway, but anything else is easy prey. Fielding about 55000 worth of gear as a cav and still making money, so, IMO, no buff needed on either stats or cost. And since the OP asked for it, my build:

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)
Strength: 18
Agility: 17
Hit points: 53

Power Strike: 6
Shield: 5
Athletics: 5
Riding: 5
Power Throw: 5
Weapon Master: 5
One Handed: 100
Polearm: 90
Throwing: 90

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2011, 02:42:17 pm »
Calvary sure needs a buff, don't really see any ingame. All i see is throwers, melee, archers, cavalry and more throwers -_-

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2011, 03:08:12 pm »
horse prices are reduced by 25%, given +30 health and +15 armor, +2 riding requirement

Where the fuck should I get the 2 extra skill points from? More important, where the fuck should I get the extra 6 agi points from?

The devs are footmen, they dont want to have many horses in that game, so deal with it, and dont make suggestions that would make things a lot worse for (almost) everyone except you.

Is it silly, that a mediocre 2h player can 1 stab kill a horse, and 1 slash kill the rider before he can even get up? Of course it is.

Is it silly, that 2 arrows or 1 javelin can kill a horse, while even a guy with 8 power strike and over 100 wpf in polearms cant kill a guy in mediocre armor with 1 stab even when he is riding at full speed? Of course it is.

Cavalry is a lot harder to do than 2h/polearm-spammer, but thats part of the fun, at least in my opinion.

Also, support my suggestion to get a "pollution-free" server!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2011, 03:14:49 pm »
I voted "yes", and I don't have a steed and probably never will. Actually I hate them and stick an arrow in the pony wherever I see one (sometimes even friendly ones when the rider is an ass that runs his own teammates over)

But overall our ponyriders DO deserve a little more love.

Additional suggested modifications: limit mounted units to reasonable spawnpoints (ponies on ladders and towers always crack me up), and auto-kill every ponyrider molesting people in the spawn-area, just patrolling there to slay uninhabited bodies (esp. on sieges)
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Michael

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2011, 07:35:40 pm »
To OP: Cavalry just received a huge buff and it's still not good enough?

lol, what?
Less speed, less maneuver, charge damage removed completely, friendly fire on, nerf nerf nerfed nerfed like no other class and you are talking about a "huge buff". Seriously, thats not anti-cav lobbyism any more, thats stupid.

To Michael: Yeah all those incompetent footmen who cant keep 360-degree view of the field. Especially when engaging in other activities. I follow cav continously and it's still fucking impossible. You have to be carfefull of enemies on foot, archers etc. and know where your own cav is. On top of that tracking enemy cav is IMPOSSIBLE.  :evil:

You are incompetent because you really seem to believe that one guy with a pike/ no shield should be capable to kill 4 enemy lancers, 3 knights with morningstar on plated chargers, 7 2h/polearm spammers and the 13 remaining ranged my old friends.
When you want to act like this, go play Singleplayer AI on poor.
Seriously man.............learn to teamplay a bit, guard one side, let others guard the other entrance, and archers stand behind your pike, and its a completely different situation. But running out alone in the open field, and then cry cav was op because you cant kill all 8 of them, only 7, is ridiculous for real.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 07:41:21 pm by Michael »

Offline Michael

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2011, 07:45:59 pm »
So true. Only noobs have problem on their horses, if they do, they need learn to play.

Cav is most powerfull class in cRPG, if they need anything it's called nerf.

Nerf to maneuver, nerf to speed, nerf to lances (way less damage, or overall soak and reduction need adjustment, or character development - like limiting people to 25. lvl). There is anyway far too much cavalry roaming around.

Most important: IF YOU FAIL AT CAV CHANGE CLASS.

Learn to ride a horse first you shield my old friend.

1hshielder, too stupid to carry a bamboo spear and then cry that cav was op.

Same goes for Xant and all the other noobs that have never ever played a horseman.

Offline Michael

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2011, 07:51:28 pm »
Yep. Oberyn for example does just fine on foot.

OH MY GOD, are you really that stupid?

Its not about a single person that does good or bad on horse or on foot, its about balance.

A horseman needs to invest skillpoints in riding, maybe shield, too.
A 2h noob like you doesnt need these skills, do you?
So obviously you have more agi, more athletics, more power strike, more wpf.
Is that so hard to understand? Its not that complicated. I mean, that Gorath who beats women doesnt understand that, doesnt surprise me much, he is a poor plain stupid brut. So are you his level? For real? Congrats!

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2011, 08:00:49 pm »
OH MY GOD, are you really that stupid?

Its not about a single person that does good or bad on horse or on foot, its about balance.

A horseman needs to invest skillpoints in riding, maybe shield, too.
A 2h noob like you doesnt need these skills, do you?
So obviously you have more agi, more athletics, more power strike, more wpf.
Is that so hard to understand? Its not that complicated. I mean, that Gorath who beats women doesnt understand that, doesnt surprise me much, he is a poor plain stupid brut. So are you his level? For real? Congrats!

Since you're inept:
(click to show/hide)
Or you can get away with other more efficient builds if you forgo polearm wpf, which you don't need at all to use a lance, and still retain 130 in 1her.

It's not hard at all to build a cav character that can fight on foot just as easily.  OMG, numbers, so hard to manipulate!  You're just a terribad player, cav are fine as is and if anything still gamechangingly buff.  If you have problems fighting on foot as a cav then the problem lies between the keyboard and chair.  Period.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 08:03:29 pm by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Michael

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2011, 08:01:18 pm »
Lol. I dehorse cavalry all the time,

See. Thats what I am talking about. When you can do that, theres something wrong.

but only noobs

What is a noob? Someone who plays this game for a few weeks? Like you?

and those who think I don't know they're coming. My awareness is just fine.

You fail at cavalry if you let your horse be stabbed with your long reach.

See, you dont even know there is a difference between polearm and 2h animation. The 2h thrust to the horses head outreaches the lance to the footman, and thats just silly.
So, when the horseman wants to outreach the 2hstab, he has to circle around and hit him in the right angle, what is silly. It shouldnt need skill or complicated maneuver what can only be done with a horse with tons of maneuver like Sarranid or Steppe or Desert to beat a sword with the lance.

I am aware that new players like you need a class that can easily be done.

Perhaps in a few months you get bored and play a class that needs some skill, be it pure 1h (no shield), cavalry or whatever, then you will learn what a stupid noob you were. Have a nice night. =)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2011, 08:05:09 pm »
It shouldnt need skill

Pretty much what all of your retarded whine posts boil down to.  For the record, cav barely requires skill so don't complain about the little bit that it DOES require.   :rolleyes:

Offline Michael

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2011, 08:06:05 pm »
Courser 19,818 gold
Lance 3,374 gold
Horseman's Kite Shield 1,978 gold
Cavalry Robe 3,582 gold
In total: ~29 000 gold. Yep, gear for the horseman is so f*** expensive. Average equipment for 2hander costs more or less the same. And take a look at Ujin, Simon Templar, TomMyyY, they don't need tanks and black armour to have KD ratio ~10:1.

All of the people you have mentionned use the heavy lance. Do your homework before wasting time with your incompetent comments.

Ujin, I have never seen without heavy samurai armor, but I am not playing a lot.

The two Templars I have never seen doing anything but killing afk people and hunting peasants, running away from everyone who is a menace to them.

With their playstyle, a mediocre 2h can run around with no armor at all, using 2hsword, katana, nodachi, or long hafted blade, and bring the same or better k d ratios.

I have posted screenshots that prove I had k d of 11 at level 9 using Leather Jacket and Khergit Boots and Nodachi.

Also, why on earth should a footman have better armor than a nobleman? Doesnt make sense.

Bah, one day you dumb people crush my head.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2011, 08:13:39 pm »
than a nobleman?.

ROFL!
Someone takes the whole "Peasant and knight" commentary way too seriously.  Guess what, you're not a "nobleman".  You're just a soldier with armor and a horse.  No more removed from a peasant than anyone else on the field.  Sorry to burst your delusions.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2011, 08:38:59 pm »
than a nobleman?
Still making those silly claims of nobility? None shall ever support, them, you filthy peasant. Now go back to tending to those swine!