Poll

Why don't you enjoy playing on EU 1 ?

Lots of ranged makes the game unplayable ...
Lots of cav charging from everywhere makes the game unplayable...
Lots of melee attacking from everywhere makes the game unplayable (Explain how please)
I think EU_1 is fine . I like how it is.
Main problem is ladders to roofs , the amount of ranged is fine.
I don't know about gameplay but with this upkeep , i can't play...

Author Topic: [POLL] About EU_1 Battle.Why its no fun anymore ? Or is it fun ?  (Read 20233 times)

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
Re: [POLL] About EU_1 Battle.Why its no fun anymore ? Or is it fun ?
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2011, 11:51:43 am »
imo the problem is not too much ranged, but that one team often has a much higher proportion of ranged than the other. This leads to unfair battles for the team lacking in ranged support.

The balance should be better. There are often teams where all cav or all archers are on one side. It would could be more fun if the classes are distributed evenly between the teams.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2011, 11:54:50 am »
The combination of rediculous ammount of ranged plus the ladders makes the battles sometimes unbearable.
Remove ladders from battles and i believe the ranged whine will be cut in half.

About the cav, not much problems there they will allways be OP but atleast the arent unreachable but what makes the seem especially OP atm is removal of long spear overhead, hence less players using it plus it takes up 3 slots so either make a decision:

make long spear 2 slots without overhead
or 3 slots with overhead

otherwise the cav will rape on.

my 2 cents
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Xawi_von_Perkele
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2011, 11:55:09 am »
Xbow 1-shot? No... sorry but no. That's what I have been playing mostly and even some archers can take 2 bolts from my +3 arbalest +3 steel bolts. If it's raining, you might need 3!

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2011, 11:56:14 am »
Xbow 1-shot? No... sorry but no. That's what I have been playing mostly and even some archers can take 2 bolts from my +3 arbalest +3 steel bolts. If it's raining, you might need 3!

Then you are doing it wrong my friend.

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2011, 12:00:14 pm »
You tell me what to do then. No PD or such affecting damage. Normal melee rarely die from 1 bolt unless already damaged. Semi-long range shots almost never 1 shot-kill. Sure if they run quickly at me and I fire at point-blank range. Then they often die with 1. But most of combat doesn't happen like that.

Or maybe it's you doing something wrong if you die from 1 bolt...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 12:03:30 pm by bonekuukkeli »

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2011, 12:03:48 pm »
You actually have to use the game mechanics in your favor, if for you it's just point and click, then you can't expect miracles.

But then again, it might be your cup of tea, to stay on the edge of the map and shoot away.

It's up to you.

Edit: Also take into consideration that you're a support class, and more importantly, a finisher, cause everything you hit that have already lost a tiny bit of HP, is going down. Think about it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 12:13:22 pm by karasu »

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2011, 12:10:41 pm »
You tell me what to do then. No PD or such affecting damage. Normal melee rarely die from 1 bolt unless already damaged. Semi-long range shots almost never 1 shot-kill. Sure if they run quickly at me and I fire at point-blank range. Then they often die with 1. But most of combat doesn't happen like that.

want a cool story bro?

ure a support class and so are archers, you are not supposed to top the charts, one shot ppl.

I am currently wearing heavy ass loomed plate just so you wouldnt one shot me, i play a lets say "slayer" class where i help my team killing allot of ppl (i consider maps under 20+ kills unnsucesfull rounds for me) cuz in the year ive played this i realised that is what im best at, im not super tactical, im not really patient, im not a really good rider so i rush in like a mad man creating oppenings, hoping my teammates will follow and benefit from my death if that occures.

i have 77 body armour and a bolt can sometimes take 70-80 percent of my HP, so you think that doesnt affect me? every fucking peasant cant one hit me after ur shot, so yes u have an immense impact of the battlefield, you are playing your role. if you wanna be a tank play 2h/plate dont pewpew from the roof.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 12:14:37 pm by Prpavi »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2011, 12:13:29 pm »
4 arrows sound more likely to me, given the math. Unless you always face 8 or 9 PD archers.

Here, just for you.

This is against Nord_Hans, lvl 27, 7pd 151archery wpf, +3 rus bow and +3 tatar arrows
On my character I got 18 strength, 2 ironflesh, 62 body armor:

Running towards;
(click to show/hide)

Standing still;
(click to show/hide)

And one of the shots when we tested did almost no dmg at all:
(click to show/hide)

Now I wonder how that would be against bodkins!
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2011, 12:15:16 pm »
want a cool story bro?

ure a support class and so are archers, you are not supposed to top the charts, one shot ppl.

I am currently wearing heavy ass loomed plate just so you wouldnt one shot me, i play a lets say "slayer" class where i help my team killing allot of ppl (i consider maps under 20+ kills unnsucesfull rounds for me) cuz in the year ive played this i realised that is what im best at, im not super tactical, im not really patient, im not a really good rider so i rush in like a mad man creating oppenings, hoping my teammates will follow and benefit from my death if that occures.

i have 77 body armour and a bolt can sometimes take 70-80 percent of my HP, so you think that doesnt affect me? every fucking peasant cant one hit me after ur shot, so yes u have an immense impact of the battlefield, you are playing oyu role. if you wanna ge a tank play 2h/plate dont pewpew from the roof.

I'm not saying I want to one shot anyone. It was that other guy talking crap about such things happening. Sure from point-blank to light armour targets.

And as I told already, I'm not shooting anyone as 2h.

Offline karasu

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2011, 12:16:51 pm »
I'm not saying I want to one shot anyone. It was that other guy talking crap about such things happening. Sure from point-blank to light armour targets.

And as I told already, I'm not shooting anyone as 2h.

Why do I even try to show some things to people who make dumb hears. Sigh.

Proceed with the rage thread, it's most amusing.  :oops:

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2011, 12:19:45 pm »
+2
The problem isnt ranged, the problem is ladders and roofs....
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2011, 12:25:59 pm »

Or maybe it's you doing something wrong if you die from 1 bolt...

NO, I am 100% with Karasu, although I would like to see some give and take, and players recognise the real ranged problem: Crossbows. Arbalest IS a 1shot kill, if you are not 1hitting with an arbalest, you ARE doing it wrong.

Warbow and Longbow cannot be used on horseback, make horsebows (Nomad, Strongbow etc) ONLY usable on horseback. 24 agi 5 PD kiters with mace are as bad as the new class I see alot (On teamspeak we call them Daves: Heavy armour, 2hmace, good melee stats yet they always run round corner to reload their 1shot arbalest, we blame Dave for this, hence they are called Daves). These guys make no sacrifices in melee, yet can 1shot crossmap aswell: Make 2h mace 2slot, or put a controlling stat on crossbows. I have used the 2h mace as a main weapon before, its an awesome weapon, yet being able to take it WITH an arbalest....

So, in short, lots of archers can be a pain, but smart use of shields negates them: Arbalest spammers that shoot thru shields and still 1hit...who can wield a very powerful melee weapon, and wear heavy armour, combined with the new reload speeds of Xbows, and pinpoint accuracy crossmap, the extreme speed of the misile meaning its easy to aim, and hard to dodge.

I understand that the balance team includes a crossbow lover, but this is now ridiculous.

BTW: I am neither archer nor crossbowman, nor a 2handed greatsword/polespammer HERO who wants the game balanced for them (as it has been for a while tbh), Im just a poor shmuck with a 1h sword and some javelins to stop the HA goons.
I don't know enough

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2011, 12:28:03 pm »
Im lacking an option to vote for,  it should be something like:

Eu1 has never been fun, too long respawn and instakill cav = boring

I only play siege

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 681
  • Infamy: 2343
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2011, 12:34:14 pm »
The day you implemented slots, was the day my hybrid wept

Dude, my pure 174 WPP twohander is even more pointless than your hybrid. See, I have 20 WPP more than average player, yet I don't have ranged abilities like most do. Playing this mod is lame because there is so many people who will shoot/throw stuff at you until they get you more manageable 20% HP and less and then fight you with their maces of doom.

But that's not the reason why battle isn't fun anymore. Battle isn't fun because it's boring. It's boring because it's the same shit for a long time and doesn't change over time at all...

Siege as alternative is broken and pointless.

Defend the lesbian maiden is silly PvE mod.

Stronghold isn't finished but when it gets finished it will be boring for most people as well.

We need new, fun game modes!

Somehow, I have a feeling that until Strategus dies there won't be fun in c-rpg. Strategus significantly slowed down c-rpg development and that's a mod only 50 people actively play and can't live without it.

Offline bonekuukkeli

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2011, 12:35:26 pm »

BTW: I am neither archer nor crossbowman, nor a 2handed greatsword/polespammer HERO who wants the game balanced for them (as it has been for a while tbh), Im just a poor shmuck with a 1h sword and some javelins to stop the HA goons.

Maybe reason why you die from 1 bolt when some archers can take 2 with next to no armor. And please tell what me and my two friends are doing wrong if many (not all!) can take 2 bolts. You are talking like it would be always like that with ease.

Me? I rarely die from 1 bolt. Almost never actually unless it's headshot or I was already damaged.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 12:37:51 pm by bonekuukkeli »