Author Topic: From the original barmace crusher  (Read 6690 times)

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
Re: From the original barmace crusher
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 02:29:54 pm »
 Balton that's like me going ' HURR EVERYONE USES hurr HURR 'dribble' LONG hafHURR dribble' BLADE CUS me USE!
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 02:30:10 pm »
fail insults?
also the crush through mechanic basically counters pure agi builds like the katana weeaboos by making them actually move instead of outspeeding everyone with their swings.
if you fail against crush through you might wanna reconsider your build...

Yes, it counters any short sword, be it 1h or 2h, as the range is longer. It is extremely tricky to fight the *heirloomed barmace + STR build" unless you have superior range and much greater athletics.

I agree that there should be a weapon suited for crushing those shielders, but problem is that barmace crush through almost everything. I'm fine with the mauls, as it is useful against shielders, but hard to use against 2h/polearm.

And quit crying that Ninjas are fast..  they sacrifice armor, str, hp, range, shield just to be fast, and use their speed to survive. 1 mistake and they go down.

(yeah banok, I'm afraid Daymun was first lol.)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 02:39:34 pm »
I agree that there should be a weapon suited for crushing those shielders, but problem is that barmace crush through almost everything. I'm fine with the mauls, as it is useful against shielders, but hard to use against 2h/polearm.

This is pretty much why bar mace crush is getting removed. Crush through is a very powerful ability and needs to be balanced by the lack of speed/range.

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 02:47:10 pm »
Native crushthrough is much more rampant and brutal. I play occasionally and rhodok castles are the lords of crush every single fucken ladder has 2 maul users present ready to fuck your shit up. Besides I like to think I made the Barmace the hated thing it is today. Why? Well after patch they took alot of heirlooms from every one. This made me bitter and filled with the need to troll and troll hard indeed. I had been a nice kid pre patch using loomed armor and an axe but after patch I couldn't have both so I decided that the barmace a weapon I had used for a week with 11 powerstrike prepatch and had lulzworthy auto success was to be my new call sign. This only compounded when siege became viable way to make gold and exp so now every one had to "FIGHT ME" as opposed to run kill my team then gang rape me. Doesn't help that I convinced wallace who's playstyle was also overwhelming str to do the same. I don't think a day has past that I havent bathed in the tears of those who cry op. I still have alot of trouble with good players singing balb manowar troublesome etc any one who knows more to combat than hur dur I backpedal I swing or hur dur I run and spam. People on my Level of combat who have a good grasp of block strike and combat I find to be at a disadvantage unless their build is favorable vs mine. I have seen a couple of people like givi and panderson bring in long mauls and mauls with the intent of just having a weapon that is heavy enough to block my barmace. This tends to turn our fights in to slow motion slug fests with one of us dieing trying to chamber ussually me.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 02:48:31 pm »
In native you can spam a lolhammer user every time they go for an overhead. In cRPG it depends on your and the maul user's agi/wpf.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline TomMyyY

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 17
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_TomMyyY
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 02:51:12 pm »
I dont think I saw anyone stack ps with barmace before me

ha ha ha ha          ha

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 02:57:38 pm »
ha ha ha ha          ha

word.

Also you guys must realise if bar mace looses crushthrough people will just start heirlooming other maces that have crush ability.
Turtles

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 03:03:15 pm »
I Couldn't careless if my barmace lost crush through currently. I would just tweak my build a bit I have my hierloomed armor again. Besides most people I kill are being slaughtered by the side swing. I save the overhead as an opener and closer for those who stubbornly survive a couple or side swings. Time is life in this game if you take 4 seconds to kill your foe you might be in a 2v1 etc so slaughtering your foes as fast as they come is a choice over the backpedal run choice. Besides in seige you have no where to backpedal. You must repel the invader back pedaling just lets him in and gives his friends a foot hold. You must hold no yield.

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2011, 03:25:36 pm »
Silly people thinking its okay to remove the opponents RMB..

The idea of a crush-through weapon is ridiculous at best, and quite frankly i cannot fathom why people would want to wield such weapons (Except teenagers obviously). There is no personal achievement or enjoyment after killing someone with a weapon that literally remove the opponents right-mouse-button, unless you are trying to cause grief.

This is funny.
A lot of people (including myself) cant imagine how someone could have fun playing as an archer or a 2h/polearm Ninja. A lot of people (including myself) get bored after doing this a couple of weeks.
Others think shield+1h is boring, or cavalry, and its clear to everyone that throwing is overpowered.
But its fine, different playstyles, and the goal is to find that one you have the most fun with.
What do you do with your Ninja build?
You sneak behind enemies line, and kill some from behind, at best. At worst, you are just wasting everyones time because you have travelled to the end of the map.
In 1 vs 1, against 2h/poleaxe, you block their first strike, than you spam left-right-left swings.
Against turtlers, you just spam and spam and spam and spam till the turtlers shield breaks, or he loses patience and lets down his shield.

The crushthrough lovers dont want to press left mouse button again and again and again like an idiot.

Right now, for me, native is more fun.

In native, I play with Pike and Great Hammer aka Great Maul, and its not that hard in native to collect kills this way.  In native, the hammer has more reach, more speed, and the enemies dont have the athletics to backpedal like they do in crpg.

When in crpg you think/ feel crushthrough is overpowered you are just incompetent. With your high athletics, all you have to do is to get a long hafted blade (for example), strike, backpedal, strike, backpedal.

Theoretically even with your peasant cutter katana (ridiculous, talking about realism, that this shitty "sword" can cut down an armored guy or even a armored horse even with only 3 power strike in 1 or 2 hits) you can do your usual thing, spam spam spam, its only the fear factor to get 1 shotted why you die.

Against AI, the great maul would suck I guess, its only humans that get nervous when they see the great maul.

Even with my 1h I could easily kill them by simply staying out of their reach. Not that hard with enough athletics since Banok and others have only a few points in athletics otherwise they couldnt crush through with the Barmace no way.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 03:28:21 pm by Michael »

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2011, 03:28:32 pm »
word.

Also you guys must realise if bar mace looses crushthrough people will just start heirlooming other maces that have crush ability.

Everything but mauls/etc is losing crushthrough afaik.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Ache

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2011, 03:46:31 pm »
Dont change anything at the barmace.
I dont want to fight with pike of tears again,im bored of killing everyone.  :D
Barmace is absolutely not overpowered at the moment.

edit: pike of tears not pike of tears :D
pike of tears* WTF???
seems impossible to write sworrd of tears but you all know what i mean
 Why it is impossible to write: sword of tears ?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 06:00:50 pm by Ache »

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2011, 03:55:06 pm »
Balton that's like me going ' HURR EVERYONE USES hurr HURR 'dribble' LONG hafHURR dribble' BLADE CUS me USE!

Busted out laughing in the middle of class.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2011, 04:46:19 pm »
This is funny.
A lot of people (including myself) cant imagine how someone could have fun playing as an archer or a 2h/polearm Ninja. A lot of people (including myself) get bored after doing this a couple of weeks.
Others think shield+1h is boring, or cavalry, and its clear to everyone that throwing is overpowered.
But its fine, different playstyles, and the goal is to find that one you have the most fun with.
What do you do with your Ninja build?
You sneak behind enemies line, and kill some from behind, at best. At worst, you are just wasting everyones time because you have travelled to the end of the map.
In 1 vs 1, against 2h/poleaxe, you block their first strike, than you spam left-right-left swings.
Against turtlers, you just spam and spam and spam and spam till the turtlers shield breaks, or he loses patience and lets down his shield.

The crushthrough lovers dont want to press left mouse button again and again and again like an idiot.

In native, I play with Pike and Great Hammer aka Great Maul, and its not that hard in native to collect kills this way.  In native, the hammer has more reach, more speed, and the enemies dont have the athletics to backpedal like they do in crpg.

When in crpg you think/ feel crushthrough is overpowered you are just incompetent. With your high athletics, all you have to do is to get a long hafted blade (for example), strike, backpedal, strike, backpedal.

Theoretically even with your peasant cutter katana (ridiculous, talking about realism, that this shitty "sword" can cut down an armored guy or even a armored horse even with only 3 power strike in 1 or 2 hits) you can do your usual thing, spam spam spam, its only the fear factor to get 1 shotted why you die.

Against AI, the great maul would suck I guess, its only humans that get nervous when they see the great maul.

Even with my 1h I could easily kill them by simply staying out of their reach. Not that hard with enough athletics since Banok and others have only a few points in athletics otherwise they couldnt crush through with the Barmace no way.

Oh boy, here we go again...

Agree on the playstyle, its important to find something you think is fun. But please keep in mind after we remove all the superfluous stuff, cRPG boils down to a competitive game. Sure we have counters and whatnot, but before the heirloomed barmace, we never had a trump card.

Also you are wrong about the events transpiring when i meet someone with a heavier weapon (ie all other then katana users), after their first strike, my weapon gets stunned, giving me only opportunity to block. I cannot hit back after their first strike. Thats where some of the problem lies, since the barmace got the same range as katana, they stun my weapon on the first hit, then overhead. Game over.

I had more agi then strength on my previous generation, never was i able to spam someone decent, to death. They always have the opportunity to hit back after a block.

Also having experience against some of the best turtles both in native and cRPG, your comment that high agi users can just spam until their shield breaks are flawed. Any decent shield user will tell you that.

In native i play every role, some better then others. One thing i do not have trouble with in native are hammer-users. Each time they go for a overhead swing, im able to do a faster swing to the sides. 

Also i dont get nervous when i see someone coming at me with great maul, it might actually turn into a good fight (burr1ck comes to mind), but when someone charges me with a barmace, well my time might be better spent making coffee. 

I might be insane for arguing against someone that has not even bothered learning proper manual blocking..

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2011, 05:34:44 pm »
You are insane to bother replying to his posts lol.

When I read his words, my mind begins to twist.. A slight depression comes over me, and I head to the kitchen for a cigarette. Contemplating if I should answer or not.

Fact of the matter is, he is a troll, everything he writes and his playstyle was nothing but pure trolling. He gets nothing from the game itself, only from pissing off other people. I feel sorry for the people that have to encounter him in RL.

Anyway
... I'm pretty damn sure he loves to mess with the Ninjas the most. ;-)

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2011, 07:50:48 pm »
Nice, good to hear the devs are rebalancing the "remove opponents RMB" ability to how it should be:  Slow and short.  Not 92 speed and longer than most 1hers.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?