Author Topic: From the original barmace crusher  (Read 6684 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
From the original barmace crusher
« on: February 14, 2011, 05:46:54 am »
I dont think I saw anyone stack ps with barmace before me, I stole the idea from pennywise's monster pre patch mornstar build and hierloomed a barmace to make my own version which worked even with the new lvl 30 cap. Anyway its caught on now even though I didn't tell people my build all those times they asked. so now I hear barmace is being completely gimped next patch and I'm proud to admit that I am the cause of so many tears. mostly invalid tears from turtles who don't understand rock paper scissors balance, because without decent crush through weapon turtles go unchecked and become silly OP with 180 degree invincible mode. FYI crushers dont get invinciblity they get shot to death and easy spammed by decent players. I play many diff chars in cRPG including turtles and always admit if something I play is OP, like I used be say stuff like "flamberge needs a nerf" and "NI" in chat as I cut though 20 enemies in heavy armour easymode. This nerf is going to make me cry because I cant respec my hierloom or have to time to grind to 31 to hierloom something else, but it did need tweaking. but if they remove blockcrush completely seriously what will counter turtles?

PS: can I get a link to where nerf was actually announced :P
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 05:49:03 am by Banok »

Offline Baldr

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Baldr?
    • View Profile
    • BALDR
  • Faction: Baldr
  • Game nicks: Baldr & Balder
  • IRC nick: Baldr damnit!
Re: From the original barmace crusher
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 06:05:37 am »
Oh please, Barmace noobs are easy to kill. Only time you actually kill some one is if you are 2-3 people, sneak up on the victim or get lucky. Your slower then a snail you don't need nerfs you need a wheelchair. Same with Maul users long maul is harder because of range but that's it.

Barmace and all other crushthru weapons are easy to counter, its the god damn 2h with 110 spd that kills me =(

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 09:13:48 am »
Barmace and all other crushthru weapons are easy to counter, its the god damn 2h with 110 spd that kills me =(

Why don't you tell us which 2H that is?

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 09:22:35 am »
+1
I dont know who the fuck you are but your definatly not the origional pure str bar mace user. Templar_Daymun was doing that while u were at ur mothers teet. I was also pure str pre patch as were a few templars. You are most certainly not the genesis of this so stop being so damn arrogant.
Turtles

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 10:01:29 am »
I dont know who the fuck you are but your definatly not the origional pure str bar mace user. Templar_Daymun was doing that while u were at ur mothers teet. I was also pure str pre patch as were a few templars. You are most certainly not the genesis of this so stop being so damn arrogant.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 10:07:26 am »
Highlight the hypocrisy. Im not arrogant im just stating facts.
Turtles

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 10:10:00 am »
I cant respec my hierloom or have to time to grind to 31 to hierloom something else, but it did need tweaking. but if they remove blockcrush completely seriously what will counter turtles?

Axes?

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 11:24:28 am »
. but if they remove blockcrush completely seriously what will counter turtles?

Mauls, axes, throwing stuff, etc... not to mention that while it is tricky vs a competent turtle, you can damn well kill them with a sword or any normal weapon.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 12:17:05 pm »
Mauls, axes, throwing stuff, etc... not to mention that while it is tricky vs a competent turtle, you can damn well kill them with a sword or any normal weapon.
I try to avoid these discussions as people lobby hard, but lets analyze this post.
First of all, mauls would NOT be a counter but a liability without crush through. I'll ignore that as if it was a typo.
Axes ARE a counter. yes, they break shields.
Throwing stuff - No, not really. I WENT SHIELD to be safe from throwing and it works wonderfully. Absolutely not a counter And I say this as both a shielder and a thrower myself that they are even in a fight (a high shield skill user has an advantage).
And the very last note -- "While tricky vs a competent turtle you can kill them with a sword or normal weapon". !!!!!!! If they have equal skill you will lose the majority of the time. That is the whole god damn point of the shield. Yes, If they have lower skill I can mop them up with a sword and good feinting and holding, but not someone of equal skill.

edited because this ended up slightly off topic, But on a real note: Do you really want to make a class of weapons completely pointless and bad? They would have to do a very slight nerf -- And the only bar maces that can crushthrough well are heirloomed ones anyways. A random barmace isn't going to cruchthrough often at all unless with perfect attack form and 10+ PS.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 12:22:20 pm by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 12:42:22 pm »
I also think that axes as counter against sheilds is totally fine, you don't need something more effective.

Shields should protect you when you decide to use them. It's unfair if you take it away from them with a weapon which needs absolutely no skill.

To repeat myself again: the effort/effect relation is broken concerning block crushing (BC) weapons. I grudge the BC users their kills. Go and earn them on an honest way, BC is just lame.

Make strength requirement for BC weapons 21+
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 12:46:56 pm »
mostly invalid tears from turtles who don't understand rock paper scissors balance

Silly nubs, who don't understand that there is no rock paper scissors balance in this mod/game.
* [ptx] sighs.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 12:48:44 pm »
Silly nubs, who think that rock-paper-scissors is a proper way of balancing a PvP game.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 12:52:11 pm »
Silly nubs.

On a side note the problem really was the bar mace crushing through as cav also it was too fast for a crush through weapon.
Solved now :D

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 01:43:37 pm »
Silly people thinking its okay to remove the opponents RMB..

The idea of a crush-through weapon is ridiculous at best, and quite frankly i cannot fathom why people would want to wield such weapons (Except teenagers obviously). There is no personal achievement or enjoyment after killing someone with a weapon that literally remove the opponents right-mouse-button, unless you are trying to cause grief.
 Right now, for me, native is more fun.   

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 02:13:58 pm »
Silly people thinking its okay to remove the opponents RMB..

The idea of a crush-through weapon is ridiculous at best, and quite frankly i cannot fathom why people would want to wield such weapons (Except teenagers obviously). There is no personal achievement or enjoyment after killing someone with a weapon that literally remove the opponents right-mouse-button, unless you are trying to cause grief.
 Right now, for me, native is more fun.

fail insults?
also the crush through mechanic basically counters pure agi builds like the katana weeaboos by making them actually move instead of outspeeding everyone with their swings.
if you fail against crush through you might wanna reconsider your build...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 02:15:37 pm by Meow »