Author Topic: From the original barmace crusher  (Read 6459 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: From the original barmace crusher
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2011, 07:58:23 pm »
I had more agi then strength on my previous generation, never was i able to spam someone decent, to death. They always have the opportunity to hit back after a block.

Annnnnnd my 21 agi build was able to deliver an overhead from a great maul before you were able to spam me, kind of broken.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2011, 08:47:50 pm »
Annnnnnd my 21 agi build was able to deliver an overhead from a great maul before you were able to spam me, kind of broken.

hehe yeah i remember that, i was convinced that i was able to outspam your hammer, but in the end my skull got bashed in  :(

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2011, 09:09:44 pm »
I lol so hard the people think the barmace is king of crush. Good thing people like peppovitch and palatro are still around who have always loved the great maul and can even wreck my shit in a battle of crushies.

Offline Murrogh

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2011, 09:29:56 pm »
I lol so hard the people think the barmace is king of crush. Good thing people like peppovitch and palatro are still around who have always loved the great maul and can even wreck my shit in a battle of crushies.
Bar Mace:    92 Speed - 96 Range
Great Maul: 80 Speed - 68 Range

I think that what people are upset about with the bar mace is that it has good speed, range and decent damage whereas the other crush through weapons, except long iron mace, have very low speed or range.  The long iron mace is very similar to the bar mace and would likely share in a nerf (otherwise people would just migrate to that).

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2011, 09:42:06 pm »
The long iron mace is very similar to the bar mace and would likely share in a nerf (otherwise people would just migrate to that).

It will.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2011, 10:07:51 pm »
Its getting nerfed due to whine move on to next cry plz

Funny my first heirloom(pre patch, about six month ago or more when no one used it) was a bar mace and while effective its not really op till the build guarantee crush due to its weight

Of course everyone wants to use super light high speed weapons and complain that my masterwork one kg katana can't block an all str mace on a overhead  but then why didn't u outdance the mace, hits don't auto connect I guess high ago sucks only because I am the only guy ingame who can dodge

Everyone waters it down and says my block doesn't work, its like a political rally(hope and change), apparently side swings are also unblockable?

There is no point argument at this stage but every class can beat a high str bar change, honestly running thru whole teams with my sword is far more lol, at least nerfing wallace and linden will indirectly boost me

Learn to bob and weave, stick and move, or just qq till they change the mechanics to suit your playstyle(or lack of style whichever may be the case)

Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2011, 10:10:16 pm »
Dodging only works rarely, and against good players never. Aiming an overhead is much more accurate and faster than dodging with WASD.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2011, 10:30:02 pm »
Dodging only works rarely, and against good players never. Aiming an overhead is much more accurate and faster than dodging with WASD.

+1

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2011, 11:12:37 pm »
i went 2h for 3 gens and used a great maul, it had crush through but i was only able to get the over hand off if it was A) a shield-er whos first instinct is to block, or B) a retard who trieds to block it rather than use there weapons greater reach and speed to keep me from attacking. plus i have and always will have ZERO athletics yet not once did i fight a back peddler when using my great maul, people tried to get up close n spam which, i fight either in enclosed spaces or uneven terrain where there weapons caught or glances n i over handed. But when i fought a bar mace user my only hope was they would try for B, if not they would get me .....   
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2011, 11:14:47 pm »
i went 2h for 3 gens and used a great maul, it had crush through but i was only able to get the over hand off if it was A) a shield-er whos first instinct is to block, or B) a retard who trieds to block it rather than use there weapons greater reach and speed to keep me from attacking. plus i have and always will have ZERO athletics yet not once did i fight a back peddler when using my great maul, people tried to get up close n spam which, i fight either in enclosed spaces or uneven terrain where there weapons caught or glances n i over handed. But when i fought a bar mace user my only hope was they would try for B, if not they would get me .....   

That is most likely because people didn't expect to face a retarded maulman with no athletics. Well played, sire.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2011, 11:15:40 pm »
Should you NOT be dooing school work xant... tsk tsk.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2011, 11:17:20 pm »
Should you NOT be dooing school work xant... tsk tsk.

I don't have school work you retard, I have TESTS. AND I AM ON A LAPTOP. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2011, 11:18:05 pm »
I don't have school work you retard, I have TESTS. AND I AM ON A LAPTOP. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

And the tests are "how to spam crpg forums" ?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2011, 11:19:40 pm »
And the tests are "how to spam crpg forums" ?

No, it's an English test actually. So, one could argue that I am in fact practicing.

Also you're Watched ha ha ha.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2011, 11:23:39 pm »
I don't belive you. I think you're saying that so you can have an affair with Mokk behind my back.  :(

Back on topic

Barmace, it's a stupid weapon now that you can heirloom it so you get more crush through on such a long fast weapon :( either make it hell of alot slower, remove crush through or shorten it alot and reduce chance of crush through.