Author Topic: Click Me ----> Want to hear your opinion! <---- Click Me  (Read 11704 times)

Offline theero

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Served without sense of humor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Theero
  • IRC nick: Fallen_Theero
Re: Click Me ----> Want to hear your opinion! <---- Click Me
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2011, 11:14:48 am »
What? POOPHAMMER is no longer an admin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M
FALLEN WILL WIN EVEN IF YOU HAVE FLYING CARPETS AND FIRESTAVES!

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2011, 11:37:07 am »
+7
If i was Poop i'll say fuck you to this community, the guy make a deal on market with a dumb player (when you sell something you chek price of other thing, it's obvious that MW worth more than 1.000.000 gold), then someone come to rescue, Poop told there could be an arrangement, they said it's ok.
Now they're crying, making drama on forum one month later, in one day admin right removed (with only one version of the story) damm where is justice in here?
Seriously i understand Poop, fuck admin rights, that's bs.

Btw the dumb one sells now 3 MW items, i have only 2, how he is a newplayer with 3 MW?

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
Re: Want to hear your opinion. Show your support!
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2011, 12:14:56 pm »
And this is where you are wrong

so enlighten me genius...

If i was Poop i'll say fuck you to this community, the guy make a deal on market with a dumb player (when you sell something you chek price of other thing, it's obvious that MW worth more than 1.000.000 gold), then someone come to rescue, Poop told there could be an arrangement, they said it's ok.
Now they're crying, making drama on forum one month later, in one day admin right removed (with only one version of the story) damm where is justice in here?
Seriously i understand Poop, fuck admin rights, that's bs.

Btw the dumb one sells now 3 MW items, i have only 2, how he is a newplayer with 3 MW?

but no, an admin shouldn't get market deals, he should buy for the "fair price". if an item is underpriced, he should make haste to contact the seller suggesting him to redo the offer with a higher price.

a whole clan crying about a fail trade of a +3 weapon is somehow silly imo.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2011, 12:21:16 pm »
+4
It's a crime to buy stuff from people below the average price now? And normal to start bitching about it a month afterwards?

Seriously people, get a grip. This incident is only making the admins who made the decision to let Poop go look like idiots.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2011, 12:49:03 pm »
+1
I would keep the damn item, a deal is a deal if it is put up for 100k then that is what the seller is requesting. If he was happy with the 100k he got then why are people complaining? All this because people dont check their market posts, or in this case check the prices on MW items. So much drama. And loosing admin over this is also pretty strange if you ask me because it is almost impossible to go to the market and not see a MW item that requests 1m gold, Poop even made a Market guide.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Skysong

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Skysong
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2011, 12:53:24 pm »
+2

Indeed. Also it was said he was unexperienced player when he sold his +3 item.
Ebayer?

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
Re: Want to hear your opinion. Show your support!
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2011, 01:48:24 pm »
I have two dads....

Ah, so thats why iam reading this stupid thread.

seriously, I think poop can really be a nice guy, I havent played on NA when he was Admin but people say he was good.

Still, an OFFICIAL Admin should be a Role model, and that´s it.Fucking over newer/clueless Players is not beeing a Rolemodel at all.

PLUS, as far as Ive seen, Poophammer already fucked over many more People!And he didnt return the Items in most cases!

That kind of behavior is not acceptable imo.

I think, if Poop had given back the Nodachi, nobody would have made such a big thing out of it.

And so I think, if Poop promises from now on that such things wont ever happen again he should be made Admin on probation again.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 01:52:36 pm by B3RS3RK »
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2011, 02:02:44 pm »
+2
I don't understand why people think this has anything to do with the image of admins. As long as they aren't acting like tards on the forums, ingame behaviour is how they set a good image. In this case I don't see why POOPHAMMER should be stripped of his rights. He and others are all known to be cuthroat merchants. Why don't you ban them as well? Why didn't you make a big thing out of this in the past?
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2011, 02:21:06 pm »
+1
I don't understand why people think this has anything to do with the image of admins. As long as they aren't acting like tards on the forums, ingame behaviour is how they set a good image. In this case I don't see why POOPHAMMER should be stripped of his rights. He and others are all known to be cuthroat merchants. Why don't you ban them as well? Why didn't you make a big thing out of this in the past?

So now I meet him ingame and think "thats the guy that bought a x3 nodachi for 100k and thought it was okay after a clanmate of the seller told him 'we good, brah - he's just stupid'" and "thats the guy that bought a loompoint for 455k so he does know damn well what a x3 item should be worth" also "isn't the market pretty much ingame because all the items are earned with ingame time" and "who the hell started talking about bans, we never even called him a dirty scammer - at least not in this thread"

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2011, 02:47:48 pm »
+4
Some people here net to get their moral compass straight again very badly. Really.

Admins are there to HELP the community. They are far more thn just more or less reliable guys who press kick- and ban-buttons if needed. They are meant to be authorities, and in such a small community like cRPG one important aspect of their work is to make as many players feel comfortable as possible, to help keeping the community as big as possible.

This is bull. This is the way any good merchant makes money: buying low, selling high.

[...]

It's only natural, because it's the only way you can make money here by simply buying and selling.

Are you fucking serious?  :shock:

Who says that being a good merchant is something good? A good merchant MUST be a cut-purse, which always means someone gets pranked. It's like saying "firing 30.000 employees to maximize the profit is okay, it's the way of being a good manager" or "demanding 21% interest is good, it's the way of being a good credit shark".

All those things require misfortune of others, which makes such "successful" professionals not much of "good".

Sure, in our world everyone has to get along somehow, as good as he can and the way he thinks it's best.

BUT:

1. There is no need to act in cRPG like in the real world (small community and so on, come on, you are amongst friends!)

2. Being an admin shows that you are a highly social person, caring for others, and thus you should act this way in everything you do.

There is absolutely no reason why someone, who got admin rights to help the community, should be allowed to be a "good merchant", benefitting from the misfortune of the subjects he is meant to protect and help. Why the fuck has poophammer to make money this way, when he is admin?

The first and most important requirement for a job as admin is the proper character. Poophammer has shown that his character is not that suitable, and he got treated accordingly.

What I admit is, that the behaviour of kinngrimm and Wolves_Wintersturm was... weird, at the best, but if they didn't lie (and Poophammer did not deny it happened that way), and if he answered their PM really with "sorry, I already sold it." instead of "sorry, I already sold it, but you are right, that was not okay from me, here are another 900.000 gold." he deserved it.

And I doubt it was the poll that initiated the admin rights removal, it was the entire discussion about that gross behaviour.

Some people here really think that being an admin is some kind of privilege, but the only way this works is when being an admint represents a burden. Everything else attracts the wrong people.

Unless you show how taking advantage of the misfortune of people who you are meant to help and protect is okay as admin, there is no need to further discuss if Poophammers fate was deserved or not. It was.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 02:49:22 pm by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2011, 03:53:18 pm »
+1
Some people here net to get their moral compass straight again very badly. Really.

Admins are there to HELP the community. They are far more thn just more or less reliable guys who press kick- and ban-buttons if needed. They are meant to be authorities, and in such a small community like cRPG one important aspect of their work is to make as many players feel comfortable as possible, to help keeping the community as big as possible.
I agree wholehearthely. They also need to be consistent in their behavior. Looking at previous cases, we have seen they are clearly not consistent in their judgement.

Are you fucking serious?  :shock:
I am. I even dare say this experience was good for the lad. We all have to go trough these experiences at least once.

(click to show/hide)
You are blowing this up out of proportion. Real life has nothing to do with the crpg marketplace, layoffs are much bigger an issue than selling someones nodachi on a game for a nice profit.  Any sane person would've bought the item and sold it for more profit.  Not to mention that POOP showed the intention of actually helping the guy out, but they didn't ask for it. It was all fine and now a month later they start bitching about it. He is showing the admin behaviour you want him to show by still doing what everyone would do, but offering compensation afterwards. Something everyone wouldn't do.

What I admit is, that the behaviour of kinngrimm and Wolves_Wintersturm was... weird, at the best, but if they didn't lie (and Poophammer did not deny it happened that way), and if he answered their PM really with "sorry, I already sold it." instead of "sorry, I already sold it, but you are right, that was not okay from me, here are another 900.000 gold." he deserved it.

And I doubt it was the poll that initiated the admin rights removal, it was the entire discussion about that gross behaviour.

Some people here really think that being an admin is some kind of privilege, but the only way this works is when being an admint represents a burden. Everything else attracts the wrong people.

Unless you show how taking advantage of the misfortune of people who you are meant to help and protect is okay as admin, there is no need to further discuss if Poophammers fate was deserved or not. It was.
An ingame admin should protect the interests of the ingame population. While showing normal behavior on the forums. POOP didn't break any of these rules of thumb. That he can't buy items at a low price is a ridiculous thing to state. When you own such an item you should know better. If the admin in question even tries to help you out but you say 'no thanks, no need' than the case is closed.

On the matter of losing credibility, go ask the NA server population if they believe POOPHAMMER is a bad admin because of this. I'm willing to state most of them will say that they don't care at all.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Plaksteris

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
  • I Potato love.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Latvian Potato Empire
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2011, 03:57:28 pm »
EUROPE FOR WIN ANYWAYS!!!
I Potato Wanna Be.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2011, 04:05:36 pm »

Community of scummy sputum poopsockers.  Absolute vile wretched excuses of human beings.  So nice to see more people are figuring this out.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2011, 04:07:25 pm »
+3
Community of scummy sputum poopsockers.  Absolute vile wretched excuses of human beings.  So nice to see more people are figuring this out.
Do you have any idea how annoying you are?

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2011, 04:21:09 pm »
+1
When you clicked on that marketplace link, you agreed to assume all responsibility for your actions.

Poop did nothing wrong, just because he watches the marketplace like a hawk, doesn't mean that you should all come crying to the admins that you got screwed.

What you guys are doing is a different version of this;
If I sold all my gear for a good price now, but then find out that it sells for a higher price later. You're telling me that I should make a post asking the devs to punish the guy who took up my offer, then return my items to me so I can resell it for a higher price.

Don't be silly. You got screwed for a reason. Squealing about it to your clanmates just makes you look bad. The fact that they stood up for you makes them look bad, too.