Author Topic: Click Me ----> Want to hear your opinion! <---- Click Me  (Read 11718 times)

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
Re: Click Me ----> Want to hear your opinion! <---- Click Me
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2011, 06:52:01 pm »
+2
and why do people get so emotional about the topic?

Cause and effect.

Theymad about not being able to troll and act like douche-bags towards the community anymore.

OH NOES things have consequences online! The horror!

It is easy to see what is going on in this thread, just look at those who's supporting these actions, clear pattern, especially if you on top of that base it upon those peoples prior personal conduct, both in-game and on the forum. Best would be to just note them all down, close the thread, and throw away the "key".
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Let's cleanse this mod already. For god damn Talos.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2011, 06:58:40 pm »
Cause and effect.

Theymad about not being able to troll and act like douche-bags towards the community anymore.

OH NOES things have consequences online! The horror!

It is easy to see what is going on in this thread, just look at those who's supporting these actions, clear pattern, especially if you on top of that base it upon those peoples prior personal conduct, both in-game and on the forum. Best would be to just note them all down, close the thread, and throw away the "key".

Let's cleanse this mod already. For god damn Talos.

Fuck Talos. Sheogorath is more kickass than puny little pathetic Talos.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2011, 07:02:11 pm »
No admins do, or ever will fit that description. Perhaps we should remove them all and let the rule breakers run the servers.

+1

No matter what people say, Poop did his job, and he did it well.

If you would rather the guy screaming like a baby that got his lolly taken away from him run the server, go ahead. See what happens.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2011, 07:13:21 pm »
Who stole a lolly from who?
People need to stop stealing candy from children.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2011, 07:17:23 pm »
+1
I just would like to precise that that is forbidden by american law , and by french law.
That is called a wilful misrepresentation .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misrepresentation

One of the party did agree on the sell HIDING voluntarely the real valour of the item whereas he had specific knowledge about the real price.

In france same thing happened : I know that a contract has been broken because the buyer  did hide to the seller that the photographs he was buying where made by a very known artist and that their value where 100 time higher.
Anyway that's being a douche and that would be totally forbidden by a lot of country if it were real money

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2011, 07:36:37 pm »
+1
Btw the dumb one sells now 3 MW items, i have only 2, how he is a newplayer with 3 MW?
We have a player Wintersturm(germany), now Winter_Market_Peasent, this it the player in question, he has atm a 1 times loomed weapon as far as i know.
A completly different player is Winterfell(belgium) who sells atm Masterwork Items.

Moreover, Kinngrim should, as a betatester, be able to comment objectively, not biased. He clearly has shown he only has interest for his clan, his credibility as a tester is damaged by this fact. What's to stop him from being biased towards future implementations?
In fact, I think Kinngrim is the one going over the line with his biased poll and way of acting when it's a clanmate. I didn't see him protecting others that got 'shafted'.
Ask Fallen_Thorben, Herkutati_of_Acre, Prpavi(without clan) and others were i invested time not for my own clan members so that those get items back or give them back to those who made mistakes when they put them up.
On the "objectively", i am human, and one of my ideals is objectivity, but still an ideal where i can strive for but most likely will never achieve. Yes Wintersturm is my friend and clan member and yes the poll was biased and should have included other options, at that time i put it up i was angree over an admin who to my knowledge took several times advantage of other players, basicly i only knew about Poophammer through others talking about him as someone who takes advantage of players "within the marketplace".

My credebility as tester, has to do with test stuff for the devs, when i am in irc and i am told to test something, i do so, not much more to that. I am not an admin and my chances to become an admin may have been crippled by this, if other admins and devs would think that me taking one of their own on and holding him and thereby them too to higher standards would be not in their best interests.

Brief Synopsis:
Poophammer bought an item off of the market place for a hell of a good deal, then went to sleep. A thread was made of it, and a PM sent to him. It spiraled out of control and he lost admin, all before he woke up.

My thoughts:
Even if he decided to do the right think he had no time before his admin was removed. Instead he was punished for something that he had no control over. If the community, and specifically The Wolves, had waited a bit to contact him via PM rather than crucifying him in a thread then he might still have admin.
as stated before the deal was roughly one month back, but myself got to know about it just before i made first post.
So he had a lot of time and in this time he made other similar deals and i spoke with Franky about it again, Franky at no time said it was just fine Poophamer you don't need to worry about it. Franky asked him about the deal and Poophammer told Franky the Nodachi was already sold without offering compensation.

It was the community, and specifically the EU community (who don't even frequent the NA servers enough to worry about his admin) that got it removed. Instead of treating him like a responsible adult and giving him the time to respond they decided to demand he be removed. It was nothing but a lynching and everyone involved should be ashamed. Poophammer was a good (if lenient) admin and did right by the NA community.
Myself was often on NA servers when i started playing and lately i am more often on NA servers again, through strategus, i dont play at all anymore that much crpg though. The EU community didnt remove his admin, Shik did and for the reasons why Shik decided that way you need to speak to Shik.

I think that Poophammer's admin should be restored; The Wolves, and specifically Kinngrimm should apologize to Poophammer; and in a gesture of goodwill Poophammer should return the item for a refund of his money.
If Poophammer retrieves a suitable portion of that item, i think it would be seen kindly by most of us, but i will not apologize for something i still believe i was acting correctly.

That topic popping out a month after the incident sure is suspicious. Sounds like personal vendetta again, just like Nuffen's case.
nope, no vendeta just got to know about it a lot later.

My bad, I did not expect something about a month ago to come up like that when I was out for the day (was not asleep)
my bad, that i did hear about that only one month afterwards and that it did get me upset enough to bring it to everyonce attention.

Franky messaged me on steam saying hey, you bought his nodachi for 100k. Yeah he was dumb and should have asked us first, and he seemed happy he sold it for 100k fast, but he did not know it was underpriced.

That is when I told him I had already sold it, and he told me no worries, it was his mistake

Now if he had asked me to do something to repay him, I would have. I have been friends with Franky for a while. I respect him, and if he wanted me to do something like that for a friend then god damn it, I would have.
Well Franky for once has no idear that you two are that close. If he knew you were friends he would perhaps have expected you to either give the item back immediatly or a compensation. I myself would expect admins to give warnings about heavily underprized items so that anyone would be able to correct that, even tell them for how much they could actually sell those items. After all it could have been either a honest mistake or just a player who didn't know, who made his first attempt in the market.

If Franky would have not given me some false sense of "yeah, its okay it was his mistake no hard feelings", then yeah I would have done right.
I don't think he actually gave you that impression, if so there must have been a large communicational gab on steam between you too(which can happen because of the language barrier).
At the time this came as topic in our ts(when i made my post about it) Franky was still upset about it, not ok at all with it.
Myself did get upset but not only because of the mindbuggling low prize you got for a 3x Nodachi, but that an admin would just do that.
I still would appreciate if you would came to the conclusion for yourself that in all fairness you would pay something to Wintersturm(now Winter_Market_Peasent), not because you want your admin back but just to give another player the time back he invested to get a 3x item which most of us are proud of having those.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2011, 08:25:11 pm »
No admins do, or ever will fit that description. Perhaps we should remove them all and let the rule breakers run the servers.

You know how it was meant. I just exaggarated it a bit, to make my point of view clear.

No trolling, pranking, abusing or whatever in any part of the admin's life that has to do with cRPG. Only if you keep a clean sheet you can be accepted as authority. Anything an admin says or does will always be perceived as something "official", that's why he has to take care what he says or does.

Actually being an admins means saying "Goodbye!" to your personal toon development. Expect being killed "afk" while administrating the server, spending a lot of time in spectator mode to observe troublemakers, abandon any slightest form of "glitching" (haystacks, unaccessable roofs, etc.) and, as we learned these days, letting opportunities for good but unfair deals pass by.

As I said: a burden, not a privilege. You have to be the proper "character" for it.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2011, 08:41:21 pm »
Myself was often on NA servers when i started playing and lately i am more often on NA servers again, through strategus, i dont play at all anymore that much crpg though. The EU community didnt remove his admin, Shik did and for the reasons why Shik decided that way you need to speak to Shik.

I have spoken with Shik regarding it. Though it is not my place to speak for him (as he has a keyboard for that very reason), there was almost no way to avoid removing Poophammer's admin in the situation. You were out for blood, and you got it.

I find it disgusting personally.

Actually being an admins means saying "Goodbye!" to your personal toon development. Expect being killed "afk" while administrating the server, spending a lot of time in spectator mode to observe troublemakers, abandon any slightest form of "glitching" (haystacks, unaccessable roofs, etc.) and, as we learned these days, letting opportunities for good but unfair deals pass by.

That is essentially saying that admins cannot be players AT ALL. I hate to inform you, but people apply for admin to help the servers run smoothly. In-game they do get a lot of crap and do miss out on a lot of opportunities other players have. But buying an under-priced item has nothing to do with it. If Poophammer didn't do so, someone else would.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 08:44:15 pm by Anwyl »

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2011, 09:10:41 pm »
So Kinngrim, basically what you're saying is: I can never be 100% objective. I agree. But you can at least try.

According to Shik who literally runs the show, both. It is that simple.
For the record, I do agree with that.
Only absolutely good guys, so to say "living saints" should be allowed to be admins. Whoever doesn't fit this description is to be removed from that position. Period.
The ignorance on you two is astonishing! How can you be so foolish? To expect a person to be a living saint? A perfect human being? Those people only live in books, you should know better. Especially you Tears.

POOP wasn't even warned. He had no fair 'trial'. In fact, the 'crime' he committed wasn't even reported in a sensible time period. This is all a load of unjustified crap if you ask me personally.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2011, 09:11:59 pm »
POOP wasn't even warned. He had no fair 'trial'. In fact, the 'crime' he committed wasn't even reported in a sensible time period. This is all a load of unjustified crap if you ask me personally.

Exactly. Isn't there a statute of limitations on this crap?

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2011, 09:20:09 pm »
+1
That is essentially saying that admins cannot be players AT ALL. I hate to inform you, but people apply for admin to help the servers run smoothly. In-game they do get a lot of crap and do miss out on a lot of opportunities other players have. But buying an under-priced item has nothing to do with it. If Poophammer didn't do so, someone else would.

Someone else is not supposed to be a leading example.

You people still refuse to see the connection between administrating servers and all the other things you do in a community.

If an admin robs a player this way, all the other players get the impression it's totally okay to destroy hours of playing of other players by buying their things under price, just because they don't know better. And doing so totally forgetting that it's the other players who make you have someone to play with when you connect to the servers! Again: we are playing cRPG TOGETHER, not AGAINST each other. Thou shall steal from your community mates!

Robbing other players this way perhaps isn't forbidden, but not everything that's not forbidden is acceptable or good. That's why you don't fuck your best friend's sister or cheat on your wife or chew with open mouth or fart/burp in the public and so on, as none of it is forbidden, but still you have to expect consequences from the society.

If you propagate here some kind of "everyone for himself"-atmosphere in the community, I really have to doubt into your moral integrity.

In ANY case it was wrong to buy the Nodachi for 100k, ESPECIALLY for an admin. We are all cRPG players, if someone makes a mistake we should point it out and help him, as he could do the same to you another day.

I think everyone who defends such a behaviour on the marketplace mainly wants to convince himself that he is not an egoistic and self centered person, as it's easier than to actually have the enlightenment and change himself accordingly. Empathy is the magic word here.

Imagine how you would feel about all the hours you more or less "lost" farming a +3 weapon, only getting 100k for it, never mind if by your own fault/inattention or not. Just because someone was greedy and unscrupulous enough to take advantage from it. And now imagine you would find out this person was an admin, some kind of "confidential person" of the community.

The ignorance on you two is astonishing! How can you be so foolish? To expect a person to be a living saint? A perfect human being? Those people only live in books, you should know better. Especially you Tears.

Perhaps I should have chosen "should be someone who DESPERATELY TRIES to be a living saint". This way people wouldn't hook up so much on this sentence.

Suggestion for rules of conduct for admins:

- be kind
- be fair
- be unbiased
- help out wherever you can
- help, support and protect the community
- don't do anything that could upset someone, except of fair server administration, of course
- whatever you say or do, expect it to be perceived as "official statement/measure" by the community

I hope you all agree to these rules, and at least to me they seem like common sense. If you do, then tell me if you think that poophammers deed was within these rules. I don't think so. If you don't agree to these rules, tell me why.

I agree that the decision was made too fast, but I am convinced it would have been the same one, even after a week or so. If this whole story would have made POOPHAMMER pay another 900k for the Nodachi I wouldn't know if it was because of the actual insight, or only because the public "pressure" would force him to do so to keep his admin status. Which in my eyes wouldn't change anything on his (lost) credibility as admin.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:23:23 pm by Joker86 »

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2011, 09:23:11 pm »
If an admin robs a player this way, all the other players get the impression it's totally okay to destroy hours of playing of other players by buying their things under price, just because they don't know better. And doing so totally forgetting that it's the other players who make you have someone to play with when you connect to the servers!

Because it totally IS okay to do that. If he had no idea how much it was worth he should have found out first. That is one of the base rules of buying and selling. Know your product.

Taking advantage of someones ignorance is the American way dammit!

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2011, 09:24:03 pm »
Taking advantage of someones ignorance is the American way dammit!

Then the American way is crap.  :evil:

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2011, 09:26:07 pm »
Then the American way is crap.  :evil:

Nevertheless POOP is American!

Give the man back his admin.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2011, 09:29:42 pm »
Nevertheless POOP is American!

Give the man back his admin.

Being admin needs understanding of morality. POOP showed the lack of latter. Everything is fine atm.