Author Topic: Click Me ----> Want to hear your opinion! <---- Click Me  (Read 11715 times)

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
Re: Click Me ----> Want to hear your opinion! <---- Click Me
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2011, 04:23:55 pm »
I'll keep fighting towards him being an admin until he returns me my loom point, enough said.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2011, 04:36:55 pm »
+2
What you guys are doing is a different version of this;
If I sold all my gear for a good price now, but then find out that it sells for a higher price later. You're telling me that I should make a post asking the devs to punish the guy who took up my offer, then return my items to me so I can resell it for a higher price.

if you sold all your gear for 100k even if its worth 1000k, yes, I would tell you to do so.And the guy should not be punished, only if he is an admin, which means he should get his admin rights removed.

Oh, see?Thats exactly what happened here!
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2011, 04:49:42 pm »
+3
if you sold all your gear for 100k even if its worth 1000k, yes, I would tell you to do so.And the guy should not be punished, only if he is an admin, which means he should get his admin rights removed.

Oh, see?Thats exactly what happened here!

Admins have the same right as any player. Simply because he's a fast market player, doesn't mean he should be punished for it.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2011, 04:54:45 pm »
+3
Admins have the same right as any player. Simply because he's a fast market player, doesn't mean he should be punished for it.

Admin's actually have more rights than the other players., but they have more responsibilities.

I believe that the problem is its an admin's responsibility to try and be a good person, to set an example to the community as to what is appropriate behaviour.

The administrators should be setting an example for the masses to follow, the powers they are granted in game comes with a responsibility to do this. They are meant to be active players of good trustworthy reputation and who can deal with a level of accountability for their action. Poophammer showed himself to be exploitative and unwilling to cooperate with people who have had dealings with him on hte marketplace.

If any old joe blogs had made this deal sure I'd feel bad for the guy who lost out but there is little that can be done, in this case it was different.  Admin's have a responsibility, poop clearly knew that the deal was way off the standard and as a decent person he should have let the guy know.

He didn't, he set a bad example, he was punished.

TL:DR - If you want to be an admin try to be a nice person
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 04:57:01 pm by Casimir »
Turtles

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2011, 05:01:56 pm »
Admin's actually have more rights than the other players., but they have more responsibilities.

I believe that the problem is its an admin's responsibility to try and be a good person, to set an example to the community as to what is appropriate behaviour.

The administrators should be setting an example for the masses to follow, the powers they are granted in game comes with a responsibility to do this. They are meant to be active players of good trustworthy reputation and who can deal with a level of accountability for their action. Poophammer showed himself to be exploitative and unwilling to cooperate with people who have had dealings with him on hte marketplace.

If any old joe blogs had made this deal sure I'd feel bad for the guy who lost out but there is little that can be done, in this case it was different.  Admin's have a responsibility, poop clearly knew that the deal was way off the standard and as a decent person he should have let the guy know.

He didn't, he set a bad example, he was punished.

TL:DR - If you want to be an admin try to be a nice person

Nuffen begs to differ.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2011, 05:02:34 pm »
+2
Just a question to all the haters: is it POOPHAMMER's job to be a perfect example of a perfect human being or does his job require him to set a good example ingame and punish anyone breaking the rules?

Moreover, Kinngrim should, as a betatester, be able to comment objectively, not biased. He clearly has shown he only has interest for his clan, his credibility as a tester is damaged by this fact. What's to stop him from being biased towards future implementations?

This bias and unjustice done to POOP as compared to other cases alone should be a reason to undo what has been done.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2011, 05:05:23 pm »
As i see it, there is no privilege to be admin, only duties, and bunch of idiots to deal with.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2011, 05:12:26 pm »
+5
Then why do so many people wish to become admin's, it's not about privileges its about giving something back to the community and the developers, making the game player environment and friendly and cohesive as possible.  Being an admin sets you gain a reputation from it. part from the rest of the player base, you are listened to more closely by others and you.

Besides if there are no privileges to being an admin why does it matter who an admin is and why do people get so emotional about the topic?
Turtles

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2011, 05:25:10 pm »
Besides if there are no privileges to being an admin why does it matter who an admin is and why do people get so emotional about the topic?

Injustice?

So a good admin should have rights removed because of someone who doesn't know how to trade?
Second that, the first person to make drama on forum was his teammate, should have been dealed by pm and nobody would have discuss it on the forum.

Let's say i was dumb and i sold my unloomed item on site, i would have made better profit on market place, should i be repaid?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2011, 05:37:09 pm »
+2
Just a question to all the haters: is it POOPHAMMER's job to be a perfect example of a perfect human being or does his job require him to set a good example ingame and punish anyone breaking the rules?

According to Shik who literally runs the show, both. It is that simple.
For the record, I do agree with that.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 05:54:22 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2011, 05:41:17 pm »
+1
The point I'm trying to raise is that admin's are to set an example, iirc poophammer was PM's repeatedly about this but was uncooperative and unhelpful - hardly traits one expects from an admin.

He knew that the deal he was getting was way to good, he knew that he was exploiting someone's nativity. I'm not saying he's broken any rules but I believe it is reasonable expect better from an admin.

And no, there is a difference between you selling something back to the website and selling it to a person, the person has accountability.
Turtles

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2011, 05:55:03 pm »
+2
Any sane person would've bought the item and sold it for more profit.

But an admin is not just "any person". He is something special, and thus should act differently. 

Not to mention that POOP showed the intention of actually helping the guy out, but they didn't ask for it. It was all fine and now a month later they start bitching about it. He is showing the admin behaviour you want him to show by still doing what everyone would do, but offering compensation afterwards. Something everyone wouldn't do.

I don't know anything about those details, perhaps I  have overread them. All I know is that POOPHAMMER only said he already sold it and didn't give anything back (according to kinngrimm).

An ingame admin should protect the interests of the ingame population. While showing normal behavior on the forums. POOP didn't break any of these rules of thumb.

I can't say anything different than "I think differently". An admin is not a human driven ingame feature, it's a real person, an authority. When an admin posts in a forum, writes in IRC or pisses next to you in the club toilet, he will always be seen as "XXX the admin". There is a reason why he became admin, and it's about him to show everyone what this reason was, every day. It's reliability, FAIRNESS, SOCIAL FEELING AND THE WILL TO IMPROVE THE COMMUNITY. Ripping off other players doesn't fit there.

That he can't buy items at a low price is a ridiculous thing to state. When you own such an item you should know better. If the admin in question even tries to help you out but you say 'no thanks, no need' than the case is closed.

Again I don't know anything about POOP warning him. And yes, admins should only be allowed to buy heavily underpriced items if the seller actually KNOWS what he is doing there.

On the matter of losing credibility, go ask the NA server population if they believe POOPHAMMER is a bad admin because of this. I'm willing to state most of them will say that they don't care at all.

A friend of mine was not allowed to become jail warden, because a few years ago he got caught with an illegal softair gun here in Germany (instead of semi-automatic it was full automatic). The prison director reasoned this with "You showed you were able to break the law once, what tells me you won't do it another time?". All you do is taken into account for responsible positions, which require a high amount of trust.

Poop did nothing wrong, just because he watches the marketplace like a hawk, doesn't mean that you should all come crying to the admins that you got screwed.

Admins are there to help and protect other players, not to rob them. Seriously, what kind of atmosphere are you propagating here? We play this game TOGETHER, not AGAINST EACH OTHER.

If being a "fast market player" means harming other people: yes, he should be punished, and he shouldn't have the same rights as players.

Both. As I said, an admin is not a player driven ingame feature, it's an entire person/personality. He has to act accordingly.

tl;dr:

Only absolutely good guys, so to say "living saints" should be allowed to be admins. Whoever doesn't fit this description is to be removed from that position. Period.

Edit: yes, for all those who didn't notice it yet: it's a lot about the "atmosphere" in the community. I would like to have a community where players help each other out, instead of only trying to harm others for the sake of their own advantage. If you say: "This is impossible to achieve" or "you can't expect that from the players", I say it's about the admins to give a good example and simply try it. If you try you can fail, but if you don't try at all you will never know. I don't think my "whish" is so wrong.

Edit2: @CountBerenger: I like how you can't do anything else than to consistently vote negative on anti-POOPHAMMER-posts. It looks so "helpless"  :mrgreen:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 06:17:23 pm by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2011, 06:06:58 pm »
Blah blah blah, and blah blah blah,
blah blah blah again....

Are you still playing this mod?

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2011, 06:08:06 pm »
Are you still playing this mod?

Sometimes, when bored. Where is the connection to this discussion?
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2011, 06:38:58 pm »
+2
Only absolutely good guys, so to say "living saints" should be allowed to be admins. Whoever doesn't fit this description is to be removed from that position. Period.

No admins do, or ever will fit that description. Perhaps we should remove them all and let the rule breakers run the servers.