Author Topic: What is happening to mount and blade. less than 50 people on NA. is this the end  (Read 15142 times)

Offline Candiru

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_War_Candiru
+2
the hell with crpg
Human being to the mob..
What’s a mob to a king? What’s a king to a god?
What’s a god to a non-believer? Who don’t believe in anything?

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Ahhh, the glorious innocence of a new player.

Boy do I miss the time when I saw melee as fun and didn't know about broken game mechanics, rather than everyone abusing everything that's bad about melee such as hiltslash spamming or the laggier than fuck servers with all the long pokey sticks that stabs you through walls or bodies of flesh you're fighting.

Good old days.

No dont disillusion him, M&B clearly has GREAT combat mechanics.  :rolleyes:

Actually to be fair, id be happy if the larger servers weren't so horribly skippy at times, there is nothing like blocking hits that havn't even visually swung yet and killing people half a second before you actually perform the animations for it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 08:11:25 pm by Templar_Ratigan »
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
+3
Bodkin arrows ftw great idea dev´s clearly a brilliant way to prolong the life of the only unique melee game out there...........................................................
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
Bodkin arrows ftw great idea dev´s clearly a brilliant way to prolong the life of the only unique melee game out there...........................................................

:cry:
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Imapanda

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+1
Needs more updates and map/weapon balancing. Seriously.

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+2
All I read was the topic, because I don't feel like reading eight pages of shallow horse manure that usually pours from the mouth of this community, but..

Strategus is the worst it's ever been, so faction decline is inevitable. Plus it's the Holiday rush for gaming, this happens every fucking year, how is anyone surprised by this?

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Yeah but, November-December 2010 was quite the opposite.

I know it wasn't as good as 11' in games, still, cRPG reached awesome levels of players/etc in dec 2010. Thanks to the steam sale, mostly.

At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square./dying. Needs some fresh blood.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile

yeah i have to question the mindset, the game is almost entirely based around melee combat but melee is the weakest "archetype" there is, now.
FREE ALLERS

Offline Kalanie

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I think the biggest problem is with the massive amount of archers roaming around. EU1 = 20 archers hiding behind 3 rocks/roof/hill 5 minutes a row - No light cavalry can survive long enough to counter mass archers, or its just not possible due ladders or terrain to harass them. Id say only way to distract the archers long enough is to have heavy cav trample around if the map is flat enough for them to be useful, even that is getting difficult due bodkin change and rarely favorable terrain.

Another thing i dislike a lot with current map rotation are maps where archers can control half of the map from one location. I do not have problems with buildings, or hills, or ladders as much as i have with few archers being able to cover too much ground. There should be good spots to shoot but you shouldn't be able to control half of the map from one location that is unreachable, or the archer numbers are so high you simply cannot show your face without 8 PD bodkin spammers eating you alive in matter of seconds.  All infantry maps have turned into archers maps, which makes playing cav ever more annoying.

Im not too worried about balance. Im not too worried about getting killed by archers, that's part of the game. Its just the current situation is killing the fun. Terrain, ladders, start with those if you want to make people play more or hack skyrim. :)

-Kalanie

« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 02:58:15 pm by Kalanie »

Offline Kalanie

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I think the biggest problem is with the massive amount of archers roaming around. EU1 = 20 archers hiding behind 3 rocks/roof/hill 5 minutes a row - No light cavalry can survive long enough to counter mass archers, or its just not possible due ladders or terrain to harass them. Id say only way to distract the archers long enough is to have heavy cav trample around if the map is flat enough for them to be useful, even that is getting difficult due bodkin change and rarely favorable terrain.

Another thing i dislike a lot with current map rotation are maps where archers can control half of the map from one location. I do not have problems with buildings, or hills, or ladders as much as i have with few archers being able to cover too much ground. There should be good spots to shoot but you shouldn't be able to control half of the map from one location that is unreachable, or the archer numbers are so high you simply cannot show your face without 8 PD bodkin spammers eating you alive in matter of seconds.  All infantry maps have turned into archery maps, which makes playing cav ever more annoying.

Im not too worried about balance. Im not too worried about getting killed by archers, that's part of the game. Its just the current situation is killing the fun. Terrain, ladders, start with those if you want to make people play more or hack skyrim. :)

-Kalanie

woot double post :)

Offline Blackpoint

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Magico
They will just play Skyrim or mw3 for a month,  then they will all come back!

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+2
Yeah but, November-December 2010 was quite the opposite.

I know it wasn't as good as 11' in games, still, cRPG reached awesome levels of players/etc in dec 2010. Thanks to the steam sale, mostly.

At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square./dying. Needs some fresh blood.

I agree, problem is that we have a community full of people who just want everything nerfed or buffed for them, with occasional coincidental agreement.

It's why the game is the way it is at the moment and why so many are unhappy, ironically because of an environment that many of them brought upon themselves.
Still I think I can be just enough of an arsehole to be happy that many didnt notice until the earth started pouring on their heads, from the hole that they had dug for themselves.

Ive repeated this countless times, but im going to again: the game just needs to go back to it's entertaining routes, with all the silly crossdressing and mad weapons as well as a few bug fixes here and there.

Let's dial down the elitist "who be da bestest" mentality and bring out the "party streamers and pointed hat" mentality instead, trust me you will learn to love it.

Crpg was always a mod about freedom of choice, dont take that away.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 03:56:32 pm by Templar_Ratigan »
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+3
In Skyrim, there aren't 20 archers on an unreachable roof shooting at me all the time. Strangely enough, I like Skyrim.

Ive repeated this countless times, but im going to again: the game just needs to go back to it's entertaining routes, with all the silly crossdressing and mad weapons as well as a few bug fixes here and there.

Let's dial down the elitist "who be da bestest" mentality and bring out the "party streamers and pointed hat" mentality instead, trust me you will learn to love it.

I did a few tl;dr posts about that. But this time it will be the short version : nerf the incentives for winning. Joyful playing > 1337ragegeek fapping. Strategus should be the home of competitive-level gameplay, not cRPG.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
In Skyrim, there aren't 20 archers on an unreachable roof shooting at me all the time. Strangely enough, I like Skyrim.

I did a few tl;dr posts about that. But this time it will be the short version : nerf the incentives for winning. Joyful playing > 1337ragegeek fapping. Strategus should be the home of competitive-level gameplay, not cRPG.

yup. the whole multi stuff just make you rage when you lose your so hardly deserved x5... all about upkeep and gold. i barely play on siege, and most of the times i enjoy the EU3 (unless gets crowded with the strat players.. EU3 spikes enough even without  50 people dueling.)

let's just remove looms, gold, let's just have STF like chars with level set to 35.

then we balance heavier armors to be used when there is the need and not like a crutch. (example heavier weight)

all this by a gen16 2h with enough loomed stuff to speak against himself.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
No need to panic.  :rolleyes:

I'll be back after i finish Skyrim. Already getting a bit bored with BF3...  :wink: