Author Topic: What is happening to mount and blade. less than 50 people on NA. is this the end  (Read 15639 times)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
yup. the whole multi stuff just make you rage when you lose your so hardly deserved x5... all about upkeep and gold. i barely play on siege, and most of the times i enjoy the EU3 (unless gets crowded with the strat players.. EU3 spikes enough even without  50 people dueling.)

let's just remove looms, gold, let's just have STF like chars with level set to 35.

then we balance heavier armors to be used when there is the need and not like a crutch. (example heavier weight)

all this by a gen16 2h with enough loomed stuff to speak against himself.

I agree with you so so so so so so so s os sossoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
In Skyrim, there aren't 20 archers on an unreachable roof shooting at me all the time. Strangely enough, I like Skyrim.

Skyrim has other qualities, other than just killing archers or getting killed by them :)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+1
yup. the whole multi stuff just make you rage when you lose your so hardly deserved x5... all about upkeep and gold. i barely play on siege, and most of the times i enjoy the EU3 (unless gets crowded with the strat players.. EU3 spikes enough even without  50 people dueling.)

let's just remove looms, gold, let's just have STF like chars with level set to 35.

then we balance heavier armors to be used when there is the need and not like a crutch. (example heavier weight)

all this by a gen16 2h with enough loomed stuff to speak against himself.

Then we disagree.

Joyful playing is not a 100% arcade game. I have and like arcade games from time to time, but Warband offers the possibility to do something greater. The MMO-like pre-january cRPG had flaws, but the level cap, retirement nerf, upkeep etc. removed the magic. I don't want to play the same thing all the time. I enjoy watching numbers grow on a spreadsheet, when those number mean achievements. Patience and overcoming difficulties is also part of happiness. If I wanted what you described, I wouldn't have stopped playing Native MP, because it is Native MP.

Skyrim has other qualities, other than just killing archers or getting killed by them :)

Yeah I can craft armor and shoot shiny things on people ! And oneshot dumb blind deaf bandits whose primary activity is telling their lives ! Ha ! Playing with giants ballistic Dovahkiin launchers !

And sword people !!! Too bad they don't want to be sworded  :(

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
Then we disagree.
If I wanted what you described, I wouldn't have stopped playing Native MP, because it is Native MP.

no it's not. because character customization is still there, more items than native, there is a dev team balancing and improving, there are other game modes, 100 slots servers, strategus, BUT the grind part gets removed.

now only because i play since 2010, i have a full set of +3 armor, several +3 weapons. that's a bit too much advantage versus a fresh level 30 newcomer.

but i bet a good amount of cRPG players will leave after a wipe. even by getting rid of "magical" (improved, boosted, giving advantages) stuff.

now most people play to get x5. we keep playing even when we have to do somethingelse but "damn i have the x5... can't leave now..." kind of stuff.

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
now most people play to get x5. we keep playing even when we have to do somethingelse but "damn i have the x5... can't leave now..." kind of stuff.

That's what is sad, ppl lose their fun for a x5.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
That's what is sad, ppl lose their fun for a x5.

Game was taken from a grinder with fun elements and turned into a pure grindathon with most all of the fun bits removed.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
What Corrado said. Native MP, with character customization and more items. Apart from that a hardcore skill based game.

Leveling is a gay arse principle, I strongly dislike it. Don't tell me to go play Skyrim, cause dungeons are a gay arse principle too and ruin the what could've been a fantastic game.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
yup. the whole multi stuff just make you rage when you lose your so hardly deserved x5... all about upkeep and gold.
The team multi system is the thing that ruins the fun for me. Teamwork is nice but it is not possible to FORCE it on people who don't WANT to play that way. You can 'force' the reward/punish system of teamwork but you can't force the actual teamwork. Serious business win at all cost mentality is the antithesis of fun. When I play I can't even have FUN because all I'm thinking about is multi multi MULTI because without it you go broke and the xp rate is pathetic. That is not a recipe for 'fun' at all. Add on that teamates bitching at other teamates for not magically all WANTING to play with perfect teamwork and what's left is basically just to grind my ass off to get xp, and looms so someday maybe I'll have something(s) to make actually playing the game somewhat rewarding. The whole 'reward' system is insufficient and dependent on OTHER players and not YOU.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:36:03 pm by Lichen »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
no it's not. because character customization is still there, more items than native, there is a dev team balancing and improving, there are other game modes, 100 slots servers, strategus, BUT the grind part gets removed.

Bah, char customization is nothing. I'm not here to play the sims. More broken/ugly/not my taste items. Dev team balancing, certainly. But you don't kill a fly with a nuclear bomb, and the cRPG dev team doesn't seem to have mastered this art yet. Other game modes that get you 0 xp/gold and are unpopular. Native has 100+ slots servers. And Strat is in pre-alpha stage, not to mention it's totally boring for the average clan member.

Persistent content was what got me into cRPG because it was the first thing that was missing in Native MP.

One year ago, it wasn't a real problem to have other players much stronger than you. The cookie for winning wasn't dominating everything like it does now. The fun and the xp/gold wasn't ruined by a lost round. People with better gear or higher level were a good challenge, but certainly not unkillable. And even if they did kill more than lower level people, nobody cared since losing wasn't a problem. Peaceful gaming, verily.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Skorpien

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Skorpien_the_Grey
I think the most new cRPG players leave the mod to fast because they all have no chance vs the clan guys. Most of them are only Native players and native is..... very easy...

They play 2 hours and think: "WTF I ALLWAYS DIE! FUC**** MOD!" I always told them: "Hey mate you have to play longer! You will see its a great mod!" But nobody listen.  :?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:52:57 pm by Skorpien »
"Men of the South, Raise Your Banners High! Let the Serpent Army Go Forth, Bring Up the Great Mumakil and Unleash All Your Hatred!"

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
I must admit this game does get really frustrating if you have a roster of clan members on one team and a bunch of pubbies scrambling around getting chased by the guy with a two-hander and his buddy behind him with a pike or running down an alleyway full of archers at one end. Then you got the mother fucker on your team telling everyone to "go left" and after two rounds everyone finally does it, still getting decimated, and the next round you see him shouting "go right".
And how!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
I must admit this game does get really frustrating if you have a roster of clan members on one team and a bunch of pubbies scrambling around getting chased by the guy with a two-hander and his buddy behind him with a pike or running down an alleyway full of archers at one end. Then you got the mother fucker on your team telling everyone to "go left" and after two rounds everyone finally does it, still getting decimated, and the next round you see him shouting "go right".

c-rpg can't help that there's no in game voice comm (with the ability to easily mute people you personally don't want to hear).

I've been playing Skyrim mainly in my free time as a lot of people have since November 11th.  That being said, I still jump in the NA battle server in the evenings (off and on from 6pm CST to midnight) and still see over 100 people playing at times.  I was on two nights ago and there were over 110 people on the NA battle server.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
+1
c-rpg can't help that there's no in game voice comm (with the ability to easily mute people you personally don't want to hear).

Would probably end up muting so many people that the only people left to hear would be the ones that I hear on TS anyway.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
The team multi system is the thing that ruins the fun for me. Teamwork is nice but it is not possible to FORCE it on people who don't WANT to play that way. You can 'force' the reward/punish system of teamwork but you can't force the actual teamwork. Serious business win at all cost mentality is the antithesis of fun. When I play I can't even have FUN because all I'm thinking about is multi multi MULTI

Sounds like you need a deathmatch server, because your idea of "fun" doesn't sound fun for me at all.  Usually when people say they can't have "fun" what they mean is they can't go around teamkilling, kicking friendlies off ladders or otherwise doing really stupid things that annoys everyone.

Fun for me is hacking enemies to death and seeing our team win the round.  It's a happy coincidence that this also tends to result in us getting a multi.

So I think if there's any problem, it's that there are still a number of douchebags who have not gotten it into their head that their idea of "fun" sucks for everyone other than them.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile

Yup like marrying Aela the Huntress from Companions and then having rough wild Werewolf sex with her on the wedding night in your house in Whiterun.