Author Topic: HOMOPHOBIA  (Read 14716 times)

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
Re: HOMOPHOBIA
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2011, 06:22:14 pm »
The remaining 10% are my old friends.

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2011, 06:27:30 pm »
LOL
my old friends are psyhical idiots and bitches :D

STOP homosexualist!

You seems to be physicaly a retard, not gay but a pretty good retard.

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2011, 06:31:10 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cycXuYzmzNg

A message to everyone offended.

This should be on every video game, forum post and comment in history.
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2011, 07:44:32 pm »
@ OP:   There's probably about a 60/40 split of people who think one way or the other about homophobic language.  Nobody here is going to convert anyone else to their way of thinking, so really your only recourse is to use the mute player option between rounds.  Once someone is muted, it's like they're not even there.  Same goes for political talk, trash talk or whatever in game.  If it's annoying, mute them.  Last fall, when NA just had the two ATS servers, I used to mute so many people it was like playing on the Chinese server.  :)

Too bad the old Taleworlds forum was deleted.  This thread makes me want to check out the exact same discussion from one year ago.

Offline Nyalan

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Gamer/Artist (Multiclass)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2011, 09:57:49 pm »
*pukes* there are gays playing cRPG?I quit. :lol:

better quit life dude, because there are everywhere

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2011, 01:12:09 am »
Well hell if all these admins are for calling people my old friends and homos lets just go for broke and call people friends, spics, and any other word you clever people can think of. If you are going to to deny one form of bigotry but allow another, you are just being stupid. Quite frankly it won't change OP because the devs of the game, people like chadz, CMP, etc don't care about about it. They care if you bust out friend, but I can call you a my old friend all day long and it won't matter. Unless you get the higher ups to change their stances, nothing will be done. You already see people like Kalam, Smoothrich, Dexxta, etc are fine with it and hell Fasader calling people my old friends himself, so you have multiple admins and a dev unwilling to do anything. So if you really want to change things, hit up chadz and the like.

Unless you are 12 years old and on xbox live, you really need to learn a new insult for someone.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2011, 01:34:23 am »

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2011, 01:42:49 am »
+6
OP has a point, we really should nerf cav.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2011, 04:14:54 am »
Well hell if all these admins are for calling people my old friends and homos lets just go for broke and call people *snip*

Another troll not knowing the contextual difference between a choice vs not.   :rolleyes:
Especially from someone belonging to a group that hates furries, which are fundamentally the same.  But troll on.

All in all, yet another reason why muting someone should be permanent on your mute list rather than only lasting till they reconnect.  AND having a way to disable chat altogether.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2011, 04:30:46 am »
a bloo bloo bloo i want to call people my old friends because I have the maturity level of a 12 year old and cant think of anything else to call someone.

Fixed that for ya there brochacho. Don't you have someone to get mad and threaten over the internet again?

My point still stands, if the op really wants it changed, he will have to convince chadz abd the rest to change it. The community here is certainly too dumb or lazy to do it themselves even if they wanted to.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2011, 04:34:41 am »
All in all, yet another reason why muting someone should be permanent on your mute list rather than only lasting till they reconnect.  AND having a way to disable chat altogether.

go into config and shrink font size (it's backwards, make number bigger) and there ya go.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2011, 05:54:36 am »
Don't you have someone to get mad and threaten over the internet again?

Only "threats" have come from your group.  But keep trying.

Also, you have no point.  As I pointed out.  How much furry bashing goes on in the goon community?  Yeah, same thing as calling people my old friends without regard as to how gay people feel.  Gays - Furries - Autoerotic asphyxiators - Adult babies - Belly button torturers - Spitters - Noseplay - Gut Floppers - etc.  All the same thing.

TLDR:  You're an idiot.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2011, 05:49:41 pm »
+1
Gorath that makes no fucking sense, how are we gonna balance cav like that? Do you honestly think that polearms need to be buffed even more?

We need an alternative, people. Let's keep this thread on track and relevant, please.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Nyalan

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Gamer/Artist (Multiclass)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2012, 02:02:59 am »
+1
I’ll start like that. I see people kicked, banned for a teamhit. I see admins fighting like hard to prevent a racist word coming out, banning some people or others for weeks. I see a teamkill being a huge offense and people try to run from the guilt of having done it.

First of all, why a teamhit, an insult against black people, a word against religion more acceptable than an attack against gays or lesbians? Why if racist names, religion blasphemy names not accepted and bannable, homophobic and attack names against gays are?

We can do something against it, especially when there are vectors, pillars that incite others to spam against gays. I have an example of a player named Princess_Gayton when joined the game started spamming everyone homophobic things and made a whole 2 games gay bashing session when in 8 minutes a whole lot of people raged their anger about loosing a life or health or made fun against gays. I think this comportment deserves a ban, or at least a kick. I was sick when it happened, so I didn’t took a snapshot. But I know he’ll do it again, and I think we should require to make him do a name change, whether fun it is pissing us off or not.

If you think it’s not a real problem, people do get affected by bundle of stickss and gays and to say how homo it is when you want to mean how bad or how stupid or how retard it is. When you make a link with gays and something being really idiot, it can have an impact if the person doesn’t know you.  Me, I get a little affected every time is see a word coming out like this starting a gaybashing discussion, and that wastes my fun and gets me in a bad mood sometimes after a while. But the worst thing is when I see admins fighting for a teamhit and I get insulted all the time and it’s no matter. I would get much less affected seeing a recognition like an admin telling to stop when I ask, or a ban when it is justified.

I’m not complaining about a my old friend word coming now and then in a game session. It’s the internet, and perfection is impossible. I’m complaining about entire sessions of gays blasting games where people has almost nothing else to say than attacking gays on any idea they find, my old friend words modified, disrespecting people based on sexuality or stupid false prejudices and false ideas that are transferred and encouraging gay bashing in the name of fun.

I have a number of snapshots proving the link between my old friend and homo and gay. I can post if asked. While some can say it like that, lots of people do intend to blast gays, and use a variety of words such as homo gay or references to sexuality. Getting a gay attack word encourages others do to so. Saying it’s just bundle of sticks and no homophobia can be true for some people, but just check out what’s going out in games. The references are much more numbered referring to gays that only the bundle of sticks word.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,28604.0.html
When I saw the first comments I was very grateful of what admins said. But I have already tried three times to contact an admin in gaybashing sessions and I have received no answer at all. Even one time, the admin I have contacted started calling people bundle of stickss. I have the name of the admin, the snapshot and if you want it I can post.

If nothing is done, It gets to the next generations of players. Only next people like me will have to fight to do something, after getting pissed off so many times, asking only for justifiable respect, recognition over the others that are respected.

To get people to stop saying my old friend when someone kills them in a videogame, would require censoring chat in such a way that I think would be a huge turn off for the majority of players.. but this comes up to the ethical questions of putting the majority ahead of a minority. 

In my eyes, it would turn it into a "Christian Gaming Server" where people are afraid to use chat or play on at all for fun due to admins having leeway to ban for saying "fuck" or something like that in a game where you kill people over and over and has an ESRB rating of "T" including a note for 'Mild Language"

I am not asking to ban everyone that uses the word my old friend. What is inadmissible is to discriminate a minority and sends everyone the message that this minority does not deserve respect. It has impact on the identity of a lot of persons, and don’t ask me about wasting fun for them. An insult sent just like that after a kill has no impact over identity. Note that racism names are totally not allowed, and gay names are, which is unfair, and they shouldn't be. It is possible that the guy who uses the my old friend word isn’t homophobic, as it is possible that the guy using the nigga word isn’t necessarily racist. It isn’t really cool for gays, and sends the message that attacks against gays are justified, normal, and ok.

Now your fear is that these people that misunderstand what homosexuality need to be banned too much because homophobia is too present. Why it is too present is because nothing has been done against it for a long while btw. People have developed complicity raging against gays… I’m coming to the fact that if nothing is done like this, it will spread wider and gets to the next generations of players coming, they will gaybash too, tempted by the previous generations.  And the message that racism is not ok and homophobia is pretty strong.

We can let my old friend words pass I think. It’s the internet. But there are limits. I think when it’s too much, an admin should intervene. That means, when there gay blasting sessions and initiators or vectors that seem generating it, they should be advised, muted, kicked, banned. Gay blasting names shouldn’t be allowed just as Racist names. It will flow the whole server by gay blasters. Warnings can be said to the majority of people in admin text. And examples as what I have sent at the end of this message should deserve a ban. Death threats or gays should die or moves to incite to hate them should definitely not pass.

I’ve seen things on the forum… man, some people are so uncultivated! First of all, you think there would be a gay pride just for fun with people running half naked if it wouldn’t be to face the homophobia? Now some just think they’re perverts and want to show their bodies. It’s about facing reject and showing unaffected.

Homosexuality isn’t about who assrape the other in the ass. It’s about being able to love somebody of the same sex, live a love story with that person and be able to share your life with that one. It's not only a question to be able to have sex with somebody of the same sex.

Express your love towards another human being has nothing of shameful, and people able to love should understand this.

About some prejudices I encountered.

Gays are effeminate. Effeminate is weak. First, that’s sexism. Second, I know lots of really courageous gays and trust me femininity or sexual attraction has nothing to do with courage, on the contrary sometimes. Next, 98% of gays are not effeminate, and the rest are mostly open minded or cool people.

Gays are unsafe. There’s gays who are, and again, it’s a minority. I don’t recall the 1920ies when nobody was conscious of aids.

Answering some comments in the post, if you absolutely want to know, not at all all gays do anal sex and heteros do it too.

I get the obsessed by sex sometimes, which has empowered the prejudice that gays only want to fuck. It’s easier to get sex when you’re gay, not because of homosexuality but because guys have more fun for it only than girls. Now there are a whole of gays I know that don’t want to look for sex but for engagement. Heteros are looking for sex too, just see about what comes up when people talk about fucking a girl. It’s not gays. It’s guys. I am sure that the percentage of guys that are only open to getting out with somebody is the same in heteros and homo cultures.  Now you can disapprove being obsessed by sex or not. But the links between obsessed by sex and gay are not there.

There are a lot of false ideas, or prejudices, and these ideas don't justify why gays should be hated and discriminated when other minorities shouldn’t.

http://postimage.org/image/xjlcflu3r/

http://postimage.org/image/5xikuxaqv/

I have received these comments by people playing the game. A my old friend word can pass. But when I get death threats or entire gay bashing session while somebody gets banned 3 days for a teamhit, I start loosing my mood. These ideas make people find justified to hate gays, we deserve respect, just as the other minorities. Gay blasting names shouldn't be allowed as racist names aren't, and things like in these snapshots deserve a ban.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2012, 02:14:20 am »
+1
I daresay this thread is a monument of proof that the op is supremely attracted to people who share the same sex as him.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art