Author Topic: HOMOPHOBIA  (Read 14732 times)

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
Re: HOMOPHOBIA
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2011, 06:03:45 pm »

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2011, 07:48:29 pm »
This thread is so gay.
And how!

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2011, 01:24:51 am »
Maybe you do need to change , and stop thinking people are mocking you each time they say my old friend. You know what , most of people who are'nt native english speaker don't know that bundle of sticks is the colloquial word for gay. I'm french , and i do know some french playing crpg insulting archer and cav of beeing my old friend , but none of them knows that it has anything to do with gay.

Second thing , you really want to be trolled ??!
If you like having sex with granny , or people to shit on your face , or having sex with a sadist , or whatever your sexual habits it's NONE OUR BUSINESS. If you don't want to be trolled about you gayness , don't bother us telling you're gay. We are neither your friend neither your mom!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 02:37:14 am by Cosmos_Shielder »

Offline Frankysan

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • PENITENTIAGITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2011, 01:45:25 am »
Maybe you do need to change , and stop thinking people are mocking you each time they say my old friend. You know what , most of people who are'nt native english speaker don't know that bundle of sticks is the colloquial word for gay. I'm french , and i do know some french playing crpg insulting archer and cav of beeing my old friend , but none of them knows that it has anything to do with gay.

Second thing , you really want to be trolled ??!
If you like having sex with granny , or people to shit on your face , or having sex with a sadist , or whatever your sexual habits it's NONE OUR BUSINESS. If you don't want to be trolled about you gayness , don't bother us telling your gay. We are neither your friend neither your mom!
I'm a good example o.O
had no idea it was offensive, saw that the first time in gaming and my brain registered that like a random word to throw at ppl. In crpg i actually call all the ranged bundle of stickss, regardless their sexual preferences.
btw sry if i hurt someone was not intentional at all, be sure if i want to insult you i have plenty of non racist terms!

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2011, 02:59:50 am »
The important question here is: What is acceptable content for in-game chat?

I'm fine with acceptability being limited so that it excludes the more repulsive forms of discrimination (sexism, racism, discrimination based on sexual preference, etc.).  If anybody finds themselves upset by instances of that language in-game please contact me via admin chat (i key chat).

I don't see what else there is to discuss here.  If folks want to talk about the politics of sexual preference or philosophical analyses of hate speech take it to a new thread in a different part of the forum.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2011, 03:34:28 am »
+4
not allowing "my old friend"  on the server turns it into a Christian Gaming Server, which is what Donkleaps tried to do on the community servers and he pretty much ruined them.

Big generalized rules don't work for this kind of stuff, if a player is being personally harassed by another then it is very appropriate to speak to an admin and pursue action.  However, general use of "wow that's gay"  and "ur a my old friend lol"  is not something that all gay people should be personally hurt by.  I know it sounds kind of screwed up to say, but the context of this stuff is really important and it is so pervasively accepted in typical gamer culture/youth in general its best to learn now how to differentiate and recognize what real hate speech and bigotry is as compared to meaningless insults hurled into the black hole of the server chat.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2011, 03:47:50 am »
not allowing "my old friend"  on the server turns it into a Christian Gaming Server, which is what Donkleaps tried to do on the community servers and he pretty much ruined them.

Big generalized rules don't work for this kind of stuff, if a player is being personally harassed by another then it is very appropriate to speak to an admin and pursue action.  However, general use of "wow that's gay"  and "ur a my old friend lol"  is not something that all gay people should be personally hurt by.  I know it sounds kind of screwed up to say, but the context of this stuff is really important and it is so pervasively accepted in typical gamer culture/youth in general its best to learn now how to differentiate and recognize what real hate speech and bigotry is as compared to meaningless insults hurled into the black hole of the server chat.
Personally I think there is a significant difference between saying "that's gay" and "you're a my old friend", since my old friend has taken a new meaning on, whereas gay means... gay. Obviously it's not anywhere near as dangerous as true hate speech, however I don't think it should go under the radar.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2011, 05:52:19 am »
Its kinda everywhere in the real world as well. The people talking trash all the time are really suffering inside.
They get what they deserve eventually.
I think you're misinformed. People usually say these words out of habit, not to be hateful(For the most part) towards homosexuals.

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2011, 06:02:47 am »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2011, 09:08:37 am »
youth in general

Should never be considered as relevant for anything.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2011, 09:14:21 am »
+1
i'm gay
FREE ALLERS

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2011, 10:02:40 am »
Calling something 'gay' is like calling something 'retarded'.  It's not intended to be used strictly in the literal sense.

At the root I think there's a cultural problem with this, because it associates (perhaps intentionally from the origins) being homosexual to being an a-hole/d-bag whatever 'gay' means exactly.  I catch myself saying "that's gay" a lot and I can see how someone can be sensitive to it but it's not intended on my part to be be homophobic.

Funny thing is you hear people say "that's dumb" or "that's stupid" all the time and you don't hear complaints until someone says "that's retarded", however those phrases all mean essentially the same thing.  Same with "that's gay" - it's a cultural issue.  Good or bad it's not usually used in a homophobic manner in-game.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 10:03:49 am by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2011, 01:57:39 pm »
I'm a gay sympathizer. My advice to you is to study Etymology and the futility of trying to hold to an outdated meaning of a word.

Nowadays "bundle of sticks" usually refers to a friend of yours who just did something really lame or exploitative to you.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2011, 02:29:21 pm »
+1
sigh you cant even have  fun anymore, always some twat upset bout something. the other guy was upset about turks being made fun of. heres the ultimate solution: go the crpg website, select your character go under settings and delete your character. then install hello kitty mmo. problem solved