Author Topic: FCC declare war on Occitan  (Read 19851 times)

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
Re: FCC declare war on Occitan
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2011, 05:51:59 am »
+1
I the great lord Linden shall declare that my wondeful fief and their don't ask don't tell inhabitants shall bring forth the hops which we produce so loyally to celebrate every battle and bridge we burn. This war is fabulous and was sure to happen. I shall have my smith undead personally place a x[ face for every man I slay on my great helmet.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2011, 05:53:50 am »
Oooo this is getting interesting, I like.

Offline Haramir

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Haramir
  • IRC nick: Haramir
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2011, 06:01:46 am »
Sphinxer is my new friend, he tell fun jokes
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 06:11:06 am by Haramir »

Offline Decurtius

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Decurtius
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2011, 06:07:17 am »
At any rate, I have final authority regarding that matter. Calls to war, eager to fight to the end of times, are we? To what end? For what purposes? World has changed. You are now far from our land. The Fallen... a shadow of their former self, they will be sent back in Europe, a Europe they should never have left. In the world we live now, Occitan exists and has a right to do so. To what end would you want to exhaust yourself in an unfair war against a clan who wants nothing but peace?

I do not understand the calculation, it goes against wisdom, common sense and reason. Yet, as stated many times, to make a war declaration legal, you need a proper Casus Bellum. Declaring a war without a sufficient reason, is a felony, and insults, even diplomatic failures, such as insults -and we get many of thoses- do not constitute a fair reason for war.

We, therefore, renew our offer of friendship, and would like to discuss trade, shall you be disposed to it. Otherwise, our diplomats await a proper Casus bellum before engaging hostility. War, in another context would be a felony and nothing more than an act of piracy, condemnable and would be the end of any thrustworthy relationship that could exist between your nation and the civilised world.

Our diplomats, your servants, await proper justification and communication. Until then, remain assured of our best intentions toward you, and know that our best interest, and yours, commands peace between our nations.

Offline Thax

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thax
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2011, 06:07:40 am »
War were declared.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 06:08:43 am by Thax »

Offline Devestater

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Devestater
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2011, 06:09:00 am »
Right, so we have so far ascertained that Matey is:
1. A lying piece of shit.
2. Conniving slut.
3. Bitch.

Thanks bud!

EXACTLY! THIS SONG SUMS UP MATEY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIr1-jONDG4&feature=related

MATEY you are a cunt!
mess with the best... die like the rest!

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2011, 06:15:51 am »
At any rate, I have final authority regarding that matter. Calls to war, eager to fight to the end of times, are we? To what end? For what purposes? World has changed. You are now far from our land. The Fallen... a shadow of their former self, they will be sent back in Europe, a Europe they should never have left. In the world we live now, Occitan exists and has a right to do so. To what end would you want to exhaust yourself in an unfair war against a clan who wants nothing but peace?

I do not understand the calculation, it goes against wisdom, common sense and reason. Yet, as stated many times, to make a war declaration legal, you need a proper Casus Bellum. Declaring a war without a sufficient reason, is a felony, and insults, even diplomatic failures, such as insults -and we get many of thoses- do not constitute a fair reason for war.

We, therefore, renew our offer of friendship, and would like to discuss trade, shall you be disposed to it. Otherwise, our diplomats await a proper Casus bellum before engaging hostility. War, in another context would be a felony and nothing more than an act of piracy, condemnable and would be the end of any thrustworthy relationship that could exist between your nation and the civilised world.

Our diplomats, your servants, await proper justification and communication. Until then, remain assured of our best intentions toward you, and know that our best interest, and yours, commands peace between our nations.

If we are going by EU3 rules... then sending us a diplomatic insult is indeed a casus belli, we have no interest in taking your lands, so we wont gain any infamy from the war!

as for devestater... well... you came in and asked us to pull our punches last strat but we had to do what we had to do and turned you down. as for this strat, well as mentioned before, we have had no dealings with any member of hospitallers outside of some of them trolling us in game and fighting against us.

Offline Decurtius

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Decurtius
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2011, 06:20:44 am »
Why wage a war if you do not hope to obtain anything?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 08:21:43 am by Decurtius »

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2011, 06:28:04 am »
+1
I think it was mentioned we were war mongers? :twisted: Come on now put your dukes up and have at YEE!
We need to burn a bridge or Two Vs non Ai villages!? Besides I am more in love with fallen or LLJK they just have more fun attitudes to the game than the endless posturing and strutting goofy over regulated clans.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2011, 06:28:11 am »
Warlust!
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Devestater

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2011, 06:29:02 am »
If we are going by EU3 rules... then sending us a diplomatic insult is indeed a casus belli, we have no interest in taking your lands, so we wont gain any infamy from the war!

as for devestater... well... you came in and asked us to pull our punches last strat but we had to do what we had to do and turned you down. as for this strat, well as mentioned before, we have had no dealings with any member of hospitallers outside of some of them trolling us in game and fighting against us.

You have made no attempts for peace with us. You declare war on occitan. Therefore Hospitaller has occitans back. Hospitaller declares war on BRD. Matey... we are here whenever you want.
GOD WILLS IT!!!

Offline Devestater

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2011, 06:31:01 am »
I think it was mentioned we were war mongers? :twisted: Come on now put your dukes up and have at YEE!
We need to burn a bridge or Two Vs non Ai villages!? Besides I am more in love with fallen or LLJK they just have more fun attitudes to the game than the endless posturing and strutting goofy over regulated clans.

Dude... we all know where you came from.. and how you are. stop pretending. I mean... really?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 06:32:37 am by Devestater »

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2011, 06:33:03 am »
Why wage a war if you do not hope to obtain anything? Honor?
I'd love to get into details and all, but it would not be beneficial. Sorry if you want more info and all, but suffice to say it was just about a unanimous decision to get involved for a variety of reasons. If you really want to talk about it more, I try to be as open as I can about things... I personally bear no ill will to Occitan, we tried pretty hard to avoid fighting you last strat, and we also thought that we could continue friendly relations after the war in last strat, but you guys ended up getting more involved in that war than originally expected and it ended up souring relations a lot which was a shame; the worst part is that so much ill will was still harboured by members of hospitaller and occitan which led to us be antagonized enough to convince us that friendly relations were out of the question unless we bent over and took it in the ass for a few weeks (metaphorically). Anyways you can find me on steam if you really want to chat about it more, shinock and arowaine both have me on their lists.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2011, 06:36:26 am »
Hwaet sy þes "Steam" unc gesprec be?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2011, 06:36:30 am »
Why wage a war if you do not hope to obtain anything? Honor?
Prestige, just like EU3. So that when people look at their overview we will be ranked #1 until the yearly decay. Having high prestige makes people more inclined to accept our royal marriages (see http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,19691.0.html) and accept alliance offers.

Also, you did insult us, which would give us a Diplomatic Insult Casus Belli against you for exactly 1 year.

Why would we go to war with out without some kind of Casus Belli? Do you really expect us to take a -2 stability hit.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 06:51:42 am by SeQuel »