Poll

Is this admin doing their job correctly?

No
197 (52%)
Yes
182 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 378

Author Topic: [NA] Smoothrich: Lord of Admins, God of cRPG. Praise Him Within.  (Read 48096 times)

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
Re: [NA] Smoothrich
« Reply #285 on: August 28, 2012, 06:56:51 pm »
Smooth, I wasn't misrepresenting shit, and I wasn't being a jerk to Huey. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Me calling out Huey's age doesn't make me more qualified to speak on behalf of those people. I wasn't attempting to speak on behalf of those people. You guys clearly don't pay attention to a little thing called CONTEXT. He said "CALIFORNIA WOULDN'T DO THAT". He WAS speaking on behalf of the entire state. I merely pointed out that a teenager isn't qualified to do that. I wasn't speaking on behalf of anyone. I merely pointed out that it was possible that while the average person in leadership of the states perhaps fundamentally disagreed, but the citizenry of the two states probably had a lot more in common than they realized.

This then sparked Smooth to not "aggressively correct me" or whatever the fuck he's claiming to do. He accused me of being a racist, traitor revisionist, implying that I had these racist values ingrained into my inbred brain by racist hate mongering parents.

Smooth's trolling and racial slurs have everything to do with him being an admin. Being an admin is a responsibility where it is important to be level headed and first and foremost follow the rules of the community. Racial slurs and such personal attacks against me clearly were done in a fit of nerd rage, and someone with an attitude like that doesn't need to have admin powers. Even if he is only delegated to locking ban threads, why should he be given that responsibility at all? He has the lowest approval rating of any admin I see, he's a 24/7 troll who personally attacks members of this community unprovoked and uses racial slurs. if he were just a normal average member I wouldn't post about it, but as an admin he should hold himself to a higher standard of personal conduct and not act like a child.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #286 on: August 28, 2012, 07:12:26 pm »
Being an admin is a responsibility where it is important to be level headed and first and foremost follow the rules of the community.

I found something I actually agree with in here.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
Re: Why is Smoothrich still an admin?
« Reply #287 on: August 28, 2012, 07:56:42 pm »
+6
He is the kind of admin NA deserves to have.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 29, 2012, 02:13:01 am »
+2
ok dude sorry for being mean i was just a dick cuz you acted like one to huey and only said racist terms to establish the character of the CSA (it was bad)

All I did was post my opinions and laid down historical fact and evidence about the CSA, and tried to clear up your misconception that there was popular appeal in the CSA for states rights and limited government.  That idea you have was literally dreamt up in the early 20th century by southern apologists to try to change the historical narrative.  It's a lie!  I don't hate you or the south, but I hate a system that can distort the past and have it believed as fact by everyone generations to come.

And don't try to tell someone they aren't old or educated enough to talk to you on a subject when you disagree.  You are just begging to get owned by somebody for sounding like an arrogant dick, doubly so when you are wrong in the first place.

Lastly, most of us here are Americans, and we should believe in 1 thing above all others.  The Freedom of Speech.  So what if we disagreed?  THIS IS AMERICA.  You are supposed to defend, with passion, with oratory, with facts, with the truth, to defend and persuade and sway public opinion, to make the country, or even just these forums, a better place.  Its the principles our nation's democracy were founded on.

Ultimately my goal was simply to make some laugh, to make some cry, to make some feel good, to mourn those who died, to get tempers flared, to show why I care, and at the end of the day people can look back and say HEY MAYBE I LEARNED SOMETHING TODAY and wow that dude's right the CSA was not fucking okay!

I apologize to all who have been offended for my choice in words, and to Tugboat for insinuating he was a racist repeatedly.  I just find it had to seperate the CSA with racism, much like chocolate chip cookie Germany and anti semitism (and everything elseism). 

Thank you for the negative feedback votes in my thread, as always they are to me displays of affection.  Take care.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 29, 2012, 02:58:57 am »
ok dude sorry for being mean i was just a dick cuz you acted like one to huey and only said racist terms to establish the character of the CSA (it was bad)

All I did was post my opinions and laid down historical fact and evidence about the CSA, and tried to clear up your misconception that there was popular appeal in the CSA for states rights and limited government.  That idea you have was literally dreamt up in the early 20th century by southern apologists to try to change the historical narrative.  It's a lie!  I don't hate you or the south, but I hate a system that can distort the past and have it believed as fact by everyone generations to come.

And don't try to tell someone they aren't old or educated enough to talk to you on a subject when you disagree.  You are just begging to get owned by somebody for sounding like an arrogant dick, doubly so when you are wrong in the first place.

Lastly, most of us here are Americans, and we should believe in 1 thing above all others.  The Freedom of Speech.  So what if we disagreed?  THIS IS AMERICA.  You are supposed to defend, with passion, with oratory, with facts, with the truth, to defend and persuade and sway public opinion, to make the country, or even just these forums, a better place.  Its the principles our nation's democracy were founded on.

Ultimately my goal was simply to make some laugh, to make some cry, to make some feel good, to mourn those who died, to get tempers flared, to show why I care, and at the end of the day people can look back and say HEY MAYBE I LEARNED SOMETHING TODAY and wow that dude's right the CSA was not fucking okay!

I apologize to all who have been offended for my choice in words, and to Tugboat for insinuating he was a racist repeatedly.  I just find it had to seperate the CSA with racism, much like chocolate chip cookie Germany and anti semitism (and everything elseism). 

Thank you for the negative feedback votes in my thread, as always they are to me displays of affection.  Take care.

You completely dodged the meaning behind my words and pushed your own agenda onto me and used that as an excuse to insult me and my family in an abusive manner.

I was talking about the average citizen, not your typical politician/landowner/aristocrat who made the decisions. I never said Huey was uneducated, and the meaning behind my comment towards him was that he wasn't old enough, and neither am I, or you, or anyone else in the CRPG community to make generalizations about how people felt about something. You can quote Wikipedia until you're blue in the face, but it's pretty clear to everyone that you are an immature, emotionally unstable troll who lacks the tact and demeanor necessary to be an effective leader of this community, which is what your title as admin makes you. What's sad to me is that none of the devs care enough about your trolling ways to do anything about it, but that's okay. I don't care either really, I just hope that you learn to not jump to drastic conclusions and make ridiculous claims and put words in people's mouths.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 29, 2012, 03:08:30 am »
+9
I see you have refused to accept my apology with the honor and grace befitting of a southern gentlemen.  I am left without a choice.  I challenge you.. to a duel.

My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 29, 2012, 03:18:36 am »
I see you have refused to accept my apology with the honor and grace befitting of a southern gentlemen.  I am left without a choice.  I challenge you.. to a duel.

Accepted but only if we can have a musket duel in Napoleonic wars where we start back to back, someone tells us to start walking, and then when to fire. We turn around an fire a shot. if neither of us is dead we fix bayonets and fight.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #292 on: August 29, 2012, 03:25:39 am »
+3
Alright in all honesty, Smoothrich says some pretty hilarious but hurtful things at times. Even then, the most damning things ive seen him say are what was in that TS chat. Im not even going to fault him for that since as a former admin seeing and talking with many other admins in the past, I know much worse things have been said when speaking candidly or freely outside of these forums. He's highly opinionated and people's opinions can really suck at times, but hey, we are all entitled to them right? And I know people want to bring in that whole "Oh hes an admin and hes expected to adhere to a higher standard of conduct while setting a good example for everyone on these forums." I say bullshit to that. This isn't the blizzard administrative staff we are talking about here. This isn't even a paying job. Whats more, the admin position as a  whole is already plagued with inactivity and indecisiveness and in some cases blatant favoritism.  On top of that, while ive met plenty of cool people, this is still one of the shittiest communities ive been a part of in a long time. I dont think the turkish trolls are going to be any less unbearable if they have the shining beacon of immaculate admin conduct constantly showering down upon them. I don't think other shit posters are going to stop from posting gems like "shitty NA's being shitty, get owned, amerifats" or "heh daily NA drama thread  :lol:" just because the in game moderators are always minding their P's and Q's. Maybe an admin's cool-headed response to the daily flood of idiotic complaints and tantrums from the average crpg player will cause said player to reflect upon their actions and straighten up and fly right? Maybe people on NA will stop saying shik is the reason for inconvenient server crashes during strat battles, thus making him the worst dev on the mod while shouting out "RETARD, THE SERVER" in IRC multiple times if he simply explains to them enough that it had nothing to do with him? Now, has smoothrich made some bad calls before? He certainly has, but I wouldn't say hes been any worse than some other, "good" admins. Just the other day Spookisland, a pretty infamous player was poll abused constantly in siege simply for being annoying in chat only to have an admin say "eh, if enough of the community agrees on it then it must be a valid reason for you to deserve it." This discussion went on in threads only to have the majority of the community telling spook to fuck off while supporting the admin.  Meanwhile, a guy had has admin removed before he even knew what was happening simply because he capitalized on a noob's mistake in the marketplace, despite him actually being a pretty vigilant admin all because one guy who happened to be a clan mate of the victim bitched and moaned enough to cause the devs to agree to remove this players admin. The inconsistency on this forum is pretty disgusting. I know I certainly wouldn't ever list the crpg dev team as a reference if I ever wanted to apply as administrative staff in any other online game/community. Im not even trying to defend Smoothrich here, but come on; at least give valid reasons pertaining to in game/actual administrative conduct to back your campaign for trying to deadmin someone(trust me, they are out there.) Don't do it simply because they said something that hurt your feelings in a sub forum that has nothing to with being an admin what so ever. That's incredibly thin-skinned and part of the problem with this community. This is all opinion ofcourse!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 03:28:46 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #293 on: August 29, 2012, 03:29:23 am »
+10

(click to show/hide)

ENTER KEY MOTHERFUCKER, CAN YOU USE IT?!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 29, 2012, 03:31:44 am »
+2
THE ENTER KEY IS FOR SISSIES

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 29, 2012, 04:24:01 am »
Alright in all honesty, Smoothrich says some pretty hilarious but hurtful things at times. Even then, the most damning things ive seen him say are what was in that TS chat. Im not even going to fault him for that since as a former admin seeing and talking with many other admins in the past, I know much worse things have been said when speaking candidly or freely outside of these forums. He's highly opinionated and people's opinions can really suck at times, but hey, we are all entitled to them right? And I know people want to bring in that whole "Oh hes an admin and hes expected to adhere to a higher standard of conduct while setting a good example for everyone on these forums." I say bullshit to that. This isn't the blizzard administrative staff we are talking about here. This isn't even a paying job. Whats more, the admin position as a  whole is already plagued with inactivity and indecisiveness and in some cases blatant favoritism.  On top of that, while ive met plenty of cool people, this is still one of the shittiest communities ive been a part of in a long time. I dont think the turkish trolls are going to be any less unbearable if they have the shining beacon of immaculate admin conduct constantly showering down upon them. I don't think other shit posters are going to stop from posting gems like "shitty NA's being shitty, get owned, amerifats" or "heh daily NA drama thread  :lol:" just because the in game moderators are always minding their P's and Q's. Maybe an admin's cool-headed response to the daily flood of idiotic complaints and tantrums from the average crpg player will cause said player to reflect upon their actions and straighten up and fly right? Maybe people on NA will stop saying shik is the reason for inconvenient server crashes during strat battles, thus making him the worst dev on the mod while shouting out "RETARD, THE SERVER" in IRC multiple times if he simply explains to them enough that it had nothing to do with him? Now, has smoothrich made some bad calls before? He certainly has, but I wouldn't say hes been any worse than some other, "good" admins. Just the other day Spookisland, a pretty infamous player was poll abused constantly in siege simply for being annoying in chat only to have an admin say "eh, if enough of the community agrees on it then it must be a valid reason for you to deserve it." This discussion went on in threads only to have the majority of the community telling spook to fuck off while supporting the admin.  Meanwhile, a guy had has admin removed before he even knew what was happening simply because he capitalized on a noob's mistake in the marketplace, despite him actually being a pretty vigilant admin all because one guy who happened to be a clan mate of the victim bitched and moaned enough to cause the devs to agree to remove this players admin. The inconsistency on this forum is pretty disgusting. I know I certainly wouldn't ever list the crpg dev team as a reference if I ever wanted to apply as administrative staff in any other online game/community. Im not even trying to defend Smoothrich here, but come on; at least give valid reasons pertaining to in game/actual administrative conduct to back your campaign for trying to deadmin someone(trust me, they are out there.) Don't do it simply because they said something that hurt your feelings in a sub forum that has nothing to with being an admin what so ever. That's incredibly thin-skinned and part of the problem with this community. This is all opinion ofcourse!

I respectfully disagree with your opinion in regards to this current situation, while agreeing with you as a whole.

Now, Smoothrich has said sorry and I accept that and have moved on.

However, lets say hypothetically he didn't apologize (he did, so this is just for argument's sake). He would have insulted me, insulted my family, accused me of being a racist while using racial slurs as if I were saying them. If someone said "LOL tugBOAT is a bitch" or something and they were an admin, that's not a big deal.. but when you accuse my parents of being cousin fuckers, which resulted in some incestuous hate filled spawn (me) while using racial slurs for emphasis, I think that's a bit too far. I'm not saying admins can't have fun, or that admins can't make mistakes, but they ARE held to a higher standard and should be expected to be a bit more well behaved than your average member of the community who lacks the responsibilities of an admin. Insulting someone's family is a line no one should cross. Racial slurs, which are hilarious to some people, can be ignored within the right context, but dont say them as if I said them. That's not cool. It was a very personal abusive attack. It's not just that he thought these things or was capable of saying such things, but the fact that he lacked the maturity or restraint or even intelligence to realize saying such was not appropriate is disturbing to me.

BUT he said sorry so it's all good now with me. :D

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 29, 2012, 04:40:37 am »
Eh, I suppose we will have to agree to disagree. Admins being held to a higher standard is something I believe in when it comes to most communities, but not this one. There are already other measures put in place to counter out something like whats happening in this scenario on these forums. Getting really high forum warnings and not being able to post ,for a while can really suck, actually. Im also glad he apologized, but if that really was something worth removing admin for, would him apologizing about it erase the fact that he said it or make it any better? What if he'd been trolling about an issue that happened to you in game? Would it have been any better if he'd apologized for it after the fact?Like I said, we can agree to disagree on this, but I personally think an admin is entitled to their opinion just like the rest of us under these circumstances. Like I said, they arent being paid to do this, while being expected to represent their employers as a whole. They are volunteers on a  mod community that has an average IQ of about 50. I say so long as their conduct or personal opinions arent affecting their duty as an admin or violating the set guidelines of in game rules, then the ignore button should be more than suitable to solve any issue you have with them, especially considering how easy it is to talk to an actual dev regarding anything and everything else crpg related. Anyway, glad it got sorted out!

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 29, 2012, 05:19:40 am »
+2
I never said anything about incest, or directly insulted your family.  I said that traitor revisionism is a manipulation/distortion of history used to lessen the pain of having a heritage that revolved around rejecting enlightenment principles and killing hundreds of thousands of innocents in order to protect the wealthy and damn the weak.

If you try to argue the CSA was about states rights, limited government, or was popular with people for reasons other then concentrated wealth and power to slave owners, then you are either misinformed (most likely) or racist (sadly true with many people.) 

I slapped all of the reasons one could praise the CSA together in one of my posts directing it at you, as a demonstration that the CSA is associated with all of those qualities.  If you aren't racist, believe in equality, respect the right of people to vote, enjoy having jobs and education, and believe in you know the natural rights of humans to live with freedom and justice and dignity, than you should never, ever type something that is pro-CSA.

If you don't want people assuming you could be racist, than I suggest you avoid pro-confederacy posts in the future.

Hey, just because I think einstein was a great leader and think Germany should've won WW2, doesn't mean I hate jews and slavs and wanted them all to die!  Even though one is the other.  Much like the CSA represents a belief in the inequality of man, the most unamerican of ideas.  Just so.

Primarily, I don't see how a debate of the ethics and motivations behind the civil war, divisions in race, and all of that can turn into being about someone adminning a video game server.  I ban griefers on siege, make sure strat battles go smoothly, and respond to ban requests on the forums or complaints in steam about the servers running poorly. 

Its a small community sure and players know each other more then a lot of other games but god damn.  People insult each other and over exaggerate their opinions on topics in any discussion board on anything daily.  Just go with it and either argue back or report the person if they go too far and stop talking.  I just post here when I'm bored for fun.  Nothing personal and nothing to do with being an admin.  None of my posts on this matter were even that dramatic or insulting either.  Don't take me personally man.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:26:06 am by Smoothrich »

Offline Galgorth

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 29, 2012, 07:06:07 am »
+2
I've never seen Smoothrich abuse admin powers or even come close to it.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #299 on: August 29, 2012, 07:13:50 am »
+2
Well this was fun.