Poll

Is this admin doing their job correctly?

No
197 (52%)
Yes
182 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 378

Author Topic: [NA] Smoothrich: Lord of Admins, God of cRPG. Praise Him Within.  (Read 46521 times)

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
Re: [NA] Smoothrich
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2012, 05:34:47 am »
You had like 55% of the population in the server.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 05:37:35 am by DoD_Blackzilla »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Spartacus

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2012, 07:03:56 am »
You had like 55% of the population in the server.
nope was 59%
So thats NA, why do you care about EU? Are you trying to export freedom?

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2012, 02:20:17 pm »
nope was 59%

Did i say the poll passed with 59%? Or did i say you had 55% of the players in the server! Your team had majority rule in the server! Of course the opposite team will hit one. so it was a no win situation for allers.

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2012, 07:01:03 pm »
From what I have seen so far (not taking into account the strat battle as i was not there) it seems that Smooth lacks the maturity and calm, unbiased attitude that is needed to be a good admin. Thats not to say that he cant change and get better but i kind of doubt it. 

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2012, 07:32:48 pm »
Did i say the poll passed with 59%? Or did i say you had 55% of the players in the server! Your team had majority rule in the server! Of course the opposite team will hit one. so it was a no win situation for allers.

What you're saying is based under the assumption that everyone is going to vote to kick out an opposing player simply due to the fact that he is on the other team. Sorry, but this hardly ever happens. If it's one thing crpg players in game dont do, it's agree with one another. It's more likely that Allers was being annoying and obnoxious as usual and he pissed off enough people in this instance to get the poll passed. It's also worth noting that Allers and a few other people he plays with are pretty unpopular in general outside of their little circle of "z0rz0rz, nuuuu's, and laaaawls" It's not too hard to get poll kicked for being annoying when you already have a reputation for it.

That said, tiger would have been better off asking for administrative action to be taken in I chat before resorting to a poll, but yeah.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2012, 07:58:34 pm »
yes its easy to ban poll people if people dislike them, even easier to get it to pass if the polled guy is top slot of a strat team and everyone on the other side votes 1 to get him banned off!  so lets just ban everyone we dislike because if enough people vote 1, it means we are right no matter what.  much like all of germany voting 1 for the holocaust, meaning it was the right thing to do.. right?

also the dude got banned for like half an hour as a point that ban polling people (let alone top of scoreboard players) in strat battles when plenty of admins on is abuse, and I believe admins will be making sure ban polls are off more often then not due to the maturity levels/decision making of people as a whole when it comes to using ban polls (nine times out of ten it is a rage poll or to grief)

My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2012, 11:26:09 pm »
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:13:04 pm by Emotion »
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2012, 11:37:36 pm »
4 threads about a guy who posted a ban request, i fulfilled his ban request then asked him what he did to provoke the tk, and him and this guy flipped his shit for 2 days spamming threads and complaining that i was biased, even after I already banned the guy they wanted banned, was just asking for clarification

and i'm the troll
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2012, 11:47:43 pm »
and i'm the troll

Correct. Much worse as well.

Also the poll is almost 50/50 for "Is this admin doing their job correctly?" 50/50 is actually extremely bad for an admin. Half of the community that actually puts time and effort into the forums thinks you are not doing your "job" correctly, that speaks enough to say that you should not be an admin; along with all of the negative posts in this thread alone.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 11:55:04 pm by Emotion »
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2012, 11:50:49 pm »
where was my biased decision making in the fact that i banned the guy who was screenshotted breaking rules, then inquired about why this crazyi guy was kicking teammates that provoked to a tk?  4 threads and i don't think either of you ever acknowledged that i actually FULFILLED HIS BAN REQUEST but was just asking questions when crazyi started acting like a jerk off?

where is the bias?  the griefing?  the abuse of admin?

99 percent of posts here are just mad nerd pubbies who got banned for rightful reasons then flip their shit calling bias when i can pour over my entire ban record and not see a single incident of me banning someone who didn't break a rule

come at me bros with actual criticism instead of empty shit posts of "heh lljk troll admin u suck lol"

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2012, 11:51:11 pm »
lol Don't you love your hate mail smoothrich :D

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 11:52:50 pm by Shadowren »

Away with you, vile beggar.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2012, 11:56:14 pm »
my admin feedback thread owns and my poll is hilariously close at all times i am truly a divisive and controversial figure

i have an attitude and i don't act like a sanctimonious saint because of my admin title but i'd like people to have actual substance to their claims of "abuse" because whether people believe it or not i have a steam friends list full of people who contact me to handle admin issues on the official servers, idle in the IRC to respond to admin requests, check the ban requests forum usually at least once a day, and respond to admin complaints in game

i don't really expect people to give a shit or feel anything but disdain because i am "notorious troll" but being an admin is a volunteer position i do solely to keep the server griefer free and help everyone enjoy the game.. I don't have some sort of meta troll/admin exploiting agenda
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 11:57:26 pm by Smoothrich »

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2012, 12:01:02 am »
You don't need an agenda to clearly qualify you as a terrible admin, it is a known fact. And having a "hilariously close poll" (especially one that judges your character of the alleged position) is not a good thing. You sir, are more than contreversial and I do not to this day; understand why you are an admin. I truly do not.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2012, 12:02:10 am »
go ahead emotion make a post right now explaining how my handling of the crazyi ban request thread was biased or abusive, i dare u

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2012, 12:09:13 am »