Poll

Did the Admins involved, Smoothrich and Grannpappy, handle the situation as a whole; correctly?

Yes.
1 (50%)
No.
1 (50%)
Kinda not really.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: April 23, 2012, 07:23:34 pm

Author Topic: crazyi and sigvard  (Read 695 times)

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
crazyi and sigvard
« on: March 24, 2012, 06:16:18 pm »
The admins in this game have really killed the community. I can go on with some long speech but would rather just say it quick. You admins are killing this game and the situation with crazyi and sigvard was not handled correctly and you are aware of this, hence the locking of the threads. It is very aggravating to read what happened. Crazyi IMO was 100% in the right. People kick"spam" all the time and if you are going to threaten one person and ban them even for 4 hours, then you must put a stop to it as a whole. You CANNOT take matters into your own hands biasly ban ONE person when it happens daily. You now must ban everyone for 4 hours that kick"spams." What sigvard did was wrong and yes he admitted to it and was then banned, which was handled correctly, but you smoothrich and grannpappy have failed with the conclusion. Now, I have no affilitaion with either of the parties involved and based my opinion solely on the threads that were available to me. I conclude, not that it will change anything, smoothrich and grannpappy did not handle the situation, as a whole; correctly. Crazyi was never in the wrong unless you punish the entire community, Sigvard is out of question, since that was evidently handled correctly.

Crazyi you clearly have some criminal justice background, keep it up. Your point was made and I agree with you to the fullest.
Thought I should say it now since this thread will be checked, locked or deleted, prematurly.

Now come the clanmate/affilated party, sperg-rage-fest-bashing.... COMMENCE!

PLEASE, intelligently post your opinion if anything, and do not start bashing or freaking out. Just your opinion.

EDIT: Also please don't post unless you have read the two previous threads.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 06:22:07 pm by Emotion »
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
Re: crazyi and sigvard
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 06:23:11 pm »
Uhm, we do punish the whole community for kickspamming. It is against the official rules.

No malicious griefing of teammates (kickspamming, blocking, etc.)

Therefore, I think the situation was handled correctly.

All of the threads were locked because there was no reason to leave them open. It is all done and taken care of.

Here is the account of the person being kicked:

Well first of all, you and Wolfgang were kicking me up and down the stairs. You were doing damage, I was level 23 (At the time) I was getting very irritated and was in the middle of typing while you and Wolfgang kicked me, blocking my exit to safety. I was shot once or twice by (enemy) ranged while you guys blocked me. Sigvard killed you, because you seemingly weren't going to stop. I left the encounter black bar. Wolfgang also tried kicking me even after you were dead and I was no longer blocked. Point is, you were griefing (breaking the rules) You two could have let me up the stairs and avoided this whole problem.

I honestly don't understand how you see this as not banworthy. You can say kickspamming isn't against the rules because people do it all the time, well I could say the same about revenge teamwounding. We do our best to enforce it, and if you actually READ the official rules it says it is in fact against it. These rules haven't been edited to say that either, it has been this way for some time.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 06:27:38 pm by Voso »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 06:26:48 pm »
Uhm, we do punish the whole community for kickspamming. It is against the official rules.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 06:28:19 pm by Emotion »
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 06:28:41 pm »

Thats the thing, if it is against the server rules, which yes, it is stated. Howcome it is not enforced unless particular admins want it to be?
My point is, it is NOT enforced. And no matter how small the ban was (4 hours to Crazyi) it was handled wrong.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 06:30:00 pm by Emotion »

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 06:31:56 pm »
It is enforced though, this isn't about admin bias.

If any ban request is put up here about kickspamming, we don't go "Oh lol, you just got kicked no big deal" we actually ban them. If we are ever playing and someone uses "I" chat to report being kickspammed, it is the same. This equals kickspamming being enforced.

Of course we aren't perfect, and aren't around 24/7.

You are confusing me quite a bit. You recognize it is against the rules, and are angry it isn't enforced enough.. yet you are mad at us when we try to enforce it?

I am sorry we are not all-knowing and omnipresent to make sure every single time someone is kickspammed they get banned, but we take care of it whenever it is brought to our attention.

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 06:38:26 pm »
This is not the place to discuss admin actions.  If you have an issue, please take it to the admin feedback forum.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 06:42:34 pm »

Crazyi you clearly have some criminal justice background, keep it up. Your point was made and I agree with you to the fullest.

Someone with the mind of a child who flies off in a temperamental rage the moment something doesn't go his way, taking vengeance into his own hands with cold blooded revenge Tk'ing, all while spouting out obnoxious arrogant BS about what is justice?  You're right, he'd be a perfect cop!
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.