Poll

Is this admin doing their job correctly?

No
197 (52%)
Yes
182 (48%)

Total Members Voted: 378

Author Topic: [NA] Smoothrich: Lord of Admins, God of cRPG. Praise Him Within.  (Read 45360 times)

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
Re: [NA] Smoothrich
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2012, 12:18:09 am »
Sad, smooth. I am sorry, but the Admin you are WILL be seen by the majority of players soon enough. If you have to come onto the forums to DEFEND yourself majority of the time, you are doing something wrong. Eventually the community will see this, and I think you are afraid of that. Have a good day.
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2012, 12:26:28 am »
another dude called out on explaining with the logic and rationality that i use in all my decisions to explain their opinions, and unsurprisingly another dude who backs down

get on my level
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2012, 12:47:56 am »
lol.
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2012, 01:00:08 am »
+2
Sad, smooth. I am sorry, but the Admin you are WILL be seen by the majority of players soon enough. If you have to come onto the forums to DEFEND yourself majority of the time, you are doing something wrong. Eventually the community will see this, and I think you are afraid of that. Have a good day.

america defends itself too

america defends freedom

smoothrich IS freedom

if you want smoothrich deadmined, you might as well deadmin america as well

Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2012, 02:38:54 am »
Simple truth is simple truth tears. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.

isn't that from all stars?

just wondering...
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2012, 07:46:05 am »
another dude called out on explaining with the logic and rationality that i use in all my decisions to explain their opinions, and unsurprisingly another dude who backs down

get on my level

Eventhough you are absolutely right, i think this illustrates why most people dislike Smooth. When they try and call him a bad admin he asks them to explain why, and when they can't he calls them out on it in less-than professional manner. But you know what? Being an in-game-admin in a mod community doesn't mean you have to act like you're the staff of blizzard or something. He gets the job done and that's all that matters. I don't think he is obligated to wipe the butts of his critics when they can't cite any evidence to back up their butt-hurt claims.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 08:59:29 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2012, 11:02:38 am »
You're right Dark, it's unfortunate we all don't have this game linked through steam or have Fraps going all the time.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2012, 11:17:25 am »
I'm not asking for hard evidence, just articulation.. something that most trolls are sadly lacking!
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2012, 01:58:30 pm »
You're right Dark, it's unfortunate we all don't have this game linked through steam or have Fraps going all the time.

There are other ways to take screenshots in mount and blade.

I'd suggest clicking control + insert next time. It's the in game mechanic for taking screenshots!  :)

Anyway, I just find it interesting. If so many people find him a bad admin (going by his poll votes), then why can't they provide hard evidence or at least decent elaboration. Smoothrich has made a wrong call her or there; I have, others have, most of us admins have. I just don't think that makes him a bad admin. If you all feel differently, it is up to you to prove or show why you feel that way.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:03:20 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Gricks

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2012, 04:12:31 pm »
I don't know, yesterday night he was watching a massive tk fest then revenge tked someone. Had to ask like 1239812931 times for him to do something. A generally effective admin, but takes advantage of his admin status. On the fence.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2012, 04:19:04 pm »
Anyway, I just find it interesting. If so many people find him a bad admin (going by his poll votes), then why can't they provide hard evidence or at least decent elaboration. Smoothrich has made a wrong call her or there; I have, others have, most of us admins have. I just don't think that makes him a bad admin. If you all feel differently, it is up to you to prove or show why you feel that way.

Hmmm, I don't know Dark, maybe actually take a look at the posts in this thread and maybe actually click on the URL links, and read. Funny thing is if you click on the link it AUTOMATICALLY takes you to it. Crazy... right? Quit it with your empty posts, do some research if you want to be involved.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2012, 04:20:32 pm »
I don't know, yesterday night he was watching a massive tk fest then revenge tked someone. Had to ask like 1239812931 times for him to do something. A generally effective admin, but takes advantage of his admin status. On the fence.

Wait... Smoothrich revenge tk'd someone Gricks?

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2012, 06:09:48 pm »
Hmmm, I don't know Dark, maybe actually take a look at the posts in this thread and maybe actually click on the URL links, and read. Funny thing is if you click on the link it AUTOMATICALLY takes you to it. Crazy... right? Quit it with your empty posts, do some research if you want to be involved.
You must be talking about the ban request thread where Smooth ended up getting your friend, the OP, banned for his vigilante behavior.

Your friend's thought process:
Oh yeah, I don't like this guy, I'ma go break the rules. WHAAAT HE JUST TK'D ME ?!?! BAN HE!!!!!!  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

He deserved what he got.  He knew what he did was wrong, he may not have been punished if he had been honest with it.  Smoothrich didn't even make the final call, it was another unbiased (excuse me, BIASED, because obviously if nobody sides with you it's because they're biased.  :rolleyes:) admin who ultimately made that call.  You were too busy being a little child to see that.

Anyway, it's clear most of you don't like Smoothrich as a person but this is not what this thread is about.  Is he doing his job properly?  Yeah.  Should Admins be held to higher standards?  Absolutely.  Now, it's not Smooth's fault that you all set the bar incredibly low.
signature removed: annoying

USA USA USA

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2012, 06:22:39 pm »
You must be talking about the ban request thread where Smooth ended up getting your friend, the OP, banned for his vigilante behavior.

Your friend's thought process:
Oh yeah, I don't like this guy, I'ma go break the rules. WHAAAT HE JUST TK'D ME ?!?! BAN HE!!!!!!  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ribald... are you slow? Did you even read the thread and maybe contemplate what it contained? I have no affiliation with either parties. I made that apparent in the very beginning. Please take the time to know what you are talking about before you come in here trying to defend YOUR friend. Thanks.

Offline KillerofFlowers

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 43
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_Emperor_KillerofFlowers
  • IRC nick: KillerofFlowers
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2012, 06:23:34 pm »
For the most part he can be a good admin and admins can't be perfect all the time. I'm admin on community and to me it gets annoying that I get called a badmin and rage threads get started about doing your job correctly. As far as a person smooth is from my point a view is a dick but he gets the job done... At least when I'm in the server with him. You also have to remember admins can't see everything.