Author Topic: Why is there so much whining in cRPG?  (Read 10950 times)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Why is there so much whining in cRPG?
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2011, 10:01:50 pm »
every game has whiners, the same amount.

every game has some whiner whining about why theres so many whiners

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2011, 10:05:14 pm »
every game has whiners, the same amount.

every game has some whiner whining about why theres so many whiners

Every game has trolls trolling around and thinking they are smart/funny/whatever (and they are definitely not), not knowing their miserable real life and pathetic existance make them troll in the internet.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2011, 10:10:00 pm »

A lot of people have only played one class and believe that class to be superior. Most of the whining comes from people with certain builds more than any others, for some reason i don't hear a lot of archers speak up about melee but boy do 2handers who chose not to take a shield love to talk about how all ranged should be nerfed.

Some people choose builds that are suboptimal for their playstyle, for instance 2handers are incredibly vulnerable for obvious reasons but people who like to be at the head of the charge seem not to understand this before they create one. After creating this class they then proceed to zerg in the front lines, then wonder why they are filled with those "cheap" ranged.

Very few people will comment while they spectate archers and watch arrows miss over and over, but get one good headshot and archery most certainly needs to be nerfed.

Have you noticed the most and loudest complaints come from people who are facing their counter? 2hers complain about ranged, cav complains about ranged, shielders complain about crush through, tincans complain about knockdown, etc.

Basically for some people their class should do everything at once and be near untouchable, and anything that stops them from killing is automatically "cheap". The irony of a guy with 9IF in Black armor mobile tank mode calling the archer who just headshot him from across the map "an unskilled noob" is lost on most of these people.

e: Hell, look at the sig for the post above mine for an example.

newbie ...

people complaining  since  1 year about ranged css shiit .The old forum was full with topics about bundle of sticksery.
Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2011, 10:11:05 pm »

newbie ...

people complaining  since  1 year about ranged css shiit .The old forum was full with topics about bundle of sticksery.

People have also been complaining about every other class since year one.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2011, 10:17:51 pm »
+1
Have you noticed the most and loudest complaints come from people who are facing their counter?

True but you lack to see what counters what :

2hers complain about ranged, cav complains about ranged, shielders complain about crush through ranged, tincans complain about knockdown ranged, ranged complain about nothing, apart the occasional nerf to range.

I fixed it for you.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:19:01 pm by Kafein »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2011, 10:19:53 pm »
+1
Range counters shielders?

Fuck yeah, I am the master class.... BOW TO ME!

Honestly though as a shielder I hate fighting cav the most. I used to fear crushthrough until I learned how to properly use footwork, and now even with just 5 ATHL I can usually take them out assuming equal skill.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:20:55 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2011, 10:22:00 pm »
True but you lack to see what counters what :

Yeah most people whine about their counter.

Yeah, you're right back on target about what i'm talking about and have given a great example. People will take one aspect they don't like and doggedly pursue its destruction despite the case. Kafein above me just listed ranged as the counter to shielders, yet still could go on to be taken seriously in another balance topic somewhere else on the forum. This kind of one-tracked mindedness is not only rarely called out, but actually given credence and seemingly used in design decisions.

I'll just point that out again, this guy is claiming that ranged is a counter to shielders. Sadly enough, if there's ever a poll on how ranged should progress his "ranged is the only killer, arrows and bolts cause cancer"-style mentality will still have the same vote as someone who, say, understands mechanics and how to block an arrow with a shield.

It's a sad state, really.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:23:35 pm by Ylca »

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2011, 10:28:18 pm »
Yeah, you're right back on target about what i'm talking about and have given a great example. People will take one aspect they don't like and doggedly pursue its destruction despite the case. Kafein above me just listed ranged as the counter to shielders, yet still could go on to be taken seriously in another balance topic somewhere else on the forum. This kind of one-tracked mindedness is not only rarely called out, but actually given credence and seemingly used in design decisions.

I'll just point that out again, this guy is claiming that ranged is a counter to shielders. Sadly enough, if there's ever a poll on how ranged should progress his "ranged is the only killer, arrows and bolts cause cancer"-style mentality will still have the same vote as someone who, say, understands mechanics and how to block an arrow with a shield.

We don't take kindly to your type here pardner.  Git to the back of the bus.

If only we could separate the forums for different classes.  We could keep them equal of course... but separate.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2011, 10:30:34 pm »

So let's discuss things very rationnally then.

What happens to two shielders trying to kill two archers on a perfectly flat map ?

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2011, 10:33:48 pm »
+1

What happens to two shielders trying to kill two archers on a perfectly flat map ?

The shielders wait for MOTF and win the round.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2011, 10:39:55 pm »
The shielders wait for MOTF and win the round.

Or they work together and isolate the archers from each other then slaughter them. Archers are not exactly known for shining in melee. 2 shielders stick next to each other, when the archers split one covers one direction the other covers the other, the two surround one archer and murder him then go on to the other. I watch archers die this way every round, i'm not sure how this is even a  theoretical question so much as a daily occurrence.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2011, 10:41:07 pm »

The shielders stay together and Block/dodge all their arrows until they run out.  Then [Q, A, X] CHARGE!

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2011, 10:47:26 pm »
Or they work together and isolate the archers from each other then slaughter them. Archers are not exactly known for shining in melee. 2 shielders stick next to each other, when the archers split one covers one direction the other covers the other, the two surround one archer and murder him then go on to the other. I watch archers die this way every round, i'm not sure how this is even a  theoretical question so much as a daily occurrence.

It is not easy to always cover your shield mate (who is moving) from an archer (who is also moving). And he has to do the same with yet another archer. This won't work. Yes, on maps with obstacles like houses it works by standing at a corner and preventing the archer of looking (and shooting) around, but not on flat, open maps. (And such maps do exist).
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline BranStark

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BranStark_Astralis
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2011, 10:47:38 pm »
lol this is nothing.

Go back in time and visit the Starcraft 2 forums in the weeks after it's release. Holy mother of god.

I left them then, and still haven't gone back.

Offline duurrr

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: kekeeke
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2011, 10:54:47 pm »
i would be totaly fine about sitting on a duel server all day and not dealing with the bullshit battle has, but you cant since so often of the time there's nobody on duel or people there are terrible it feels like a waste of time, other time theres huge armor derp crutch who close to 1shot you and take literaly 10 hits to kill

i personally think range need a total rework, accuracy should be like native and you should be able to manual block with your bow but you also should be able to parry arrows, armored cavs shouldnt exist at all and neither should full armor heirlooms  :rolleyes:

whoever above said theres so many situations where you cant do shit about anything so you just die, thats what the frustration is about, is totally right
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:56:14 pm by duurrr »