Author Topic: Why is there so much whining in cRPG?  (Read 10563 times)

Offline played

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Why is there so much whining in cRPG?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2011, 08:05:54 pm »
So what? Also I'd disagree if you are saying that any player can just go archer and immediately 'own'.
What's fotm?

Flavor of the month, or in cRPG's case flavor of the patch. Aka items/build that have been tested and 'verified' to be effective.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 08:06:59 pm by played »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2011, 08:07:40 pm »
People rage because they simply can.

It's not like raging to Blizzard or something, but on cRPG, they know chadz can do something about it if they whine hard enough.

This all the way.

We have a lot of whine because the Devs interact a ot with the community and people know this so they raise their voices.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2011, 08:18:15 pm »
+1
This all the way.

We have a lot of whine because the Devs interact a ot with the community and people know this so they raise their voices.

You should've seen the day Red Orchestra 2 was released. Tripwire have a good connection with the playerbase but DAMN i haven't seen so much whine and anger in a long time on Steam Forums lol. Each thread = REFUUUND FAK THIS PIECEOF CRAP! ITS SO SLOOOW AND BUGSSS!!! RAGEEEE
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bowl_of_Cereal

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2011, 08:20:06 pm »
It's obviously because crpg isn't forgiving, it has balance issues (lol cudgel knockdown and murder tincan, so real) and is also very unforgiving.

People get frustrated and since there's a chat, why not express it to your fellow crpg players who don't really care about what you're talking about anyway.

I mean, have you ever injured yourself, like stubbed your toe and not swore or at least made an angry expression on your face? Losing in crpg is sort of like stubbing your toe.

It hurts.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2011, 08:26:40 pm »
Flavor of the month, or in cRPG's case flavor of the patch. Aka items/build that have been tested and 'verified' to be effective.
Oh ok. So you say using sub par items and experimental builds is the more 'skilled' method. So when I go on siege and get rock kills while wearing only the lightest tunic(s) is that skilled enough? When one of my past characters wearing only leather jerkin + a shield and 1h managed to survive in the chaos of siege while getting a good number of kills is that skilled enough? When I purposely hybridize (or tribridize) to gimp myself in part so I don't have to hear the bitching anytime I'm TOO effective (and also keep things more interesting to play) is that skilled enough? When I hit a moving target from far away going at compound angles (think cavalry as it's maneuvering) that many archers can't is that skilled enough? Seriously I don't hate on other builds at all no matter WHAT they are. Because it's none of my business what OTHER people find fun and want to play. I just take it as a challenge which I enjoy anyway.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 08:28:13 pm by Lichen »

Offline Bowl_of_Cereal

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2011, 08:28:20 pm »
I just take it as a challenge which I enjoy anyway.

/thread

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2011, 08:38:40 pm »
People rage because they simply can.

It's not like raging to Blizzard or something, but on cRPG, they know chadz can do something about it if they whine hard enough.
thats not true at all those raging little bitch need to get there ass beat for how much shit they rage about in WoW U WOULD BE AMAZED HOW MUCH SHIT HAS BEEN CHANGED in WoW because of Q_Q little bitches whining about a class and geting it nerfed half way to death
(^im totally raging btw u dont need to ask)

I don't think the whining is any more or less prevalent in CRPG than other multiplayer games with 'classes'.

One thing I do find funny is how some people *coughGORATHcough* seem to believe that a certain class *coughRANGEDcough* has a certain mentality that is exclusive only to those players *coughPUSSIEScough*.

I've played a bunch of classes, from ranged to melee to cav (I'm a terrible cav) and it's funny how complaints change.  It's like people think that only real men play class XYZ, while pansies play class ABC, without realizing that most people play a bunch of different ones.

So I'd say it is false perception of classes that one isn't familiar with that leads to whining.
^i sorta noticed that too,but the strange thing is once they change their class there perceptions change and thus hate other classes based off there class EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE JUST THAT OTHER CLASS!!!its kinda funny when u think about it
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2011, 08:44:23 pm »
+1
I have said this before, and I will say it again: it's not that there are a lot of people whining, it's that you don't notice the multitude who aren't whining because they are not whining.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 09:35:51 pm by Malaclypse »
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2011, 08:45:28 pm »
people whine  because they make high lvl builds, make dedicated mw weapons for it, and suddenly it magicly dissapears... ofcourse they are mad

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2011, 08:54:19 pm »
+1
REASON:
The devs are a chaotic bunch of lobbyist and noobs with no destination route :twisted:
Good example is archery since  one year they buff or nerf bundle of sticksery with  every patch.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 08:57:04 pm by Bonze »
Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2011, 09:34:31 pm »
A lot of people have only played one class and believe that class to be superior. Most of the whining comes from people with certain builds more than any others, for some reason i don't hear a lot of archers speak up about melee but boy do 2handers who chose not to take a shield love to talk about how all ranged should be nerfed.

Some people choose builds that are suboptimal for their playstyle, for instance 2handers are incredibly vulnerable for obvious reasons but people who like to be at the head of the charge seem not to understand this before they create one. After creating this class they then proceed to zerg in the front lines, then wonder why they are filled with those "cheap" ranged.

Very few people will comment while they spectate archers and watch arrows miss over and over, but get one good headshot and archery most certainly needs to be nerfed.

Have you noticed the most and loudest complaints come from people who are facing their counter? 2hers complain about ranged, cav complains about ranged, shielders complain about crush through, tincans complain about knockdown, etc.

Basically for some people their class should do everything at once and be near untouchable, and anything that stops them from killing is automatically "cheap". The irony of a guy with 9IF in Black armor mobile tank mode calling the archer who just headshot him from across the map "an unskilled noob" is lost on most of these people.

e: Hell, look at the sig for the post above mine for an example.

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2011, 09:54:38 pm »
OMG your post is totally retarded - go suck one and die.
Never heard more bullshit in one single post, seriously.

Are you mentally challenged or what?!
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2011, 09:57:20 pm »

I like challenges for my mentality.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2011, 09:57:46 pm »

And a wild Momo appears, devoid of all reason or purpose.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2011, 09:59:17 pm »
*sarcasm*
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.