Author Topic: Why is there so much whining in cRPG?  (Read 10571 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1002
  • Infamy: 930
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Why is there so much whining in cRPG?
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 06:51:13 pm »
Exactly. And that's the reason why I don't play some smelly mainstream game made by Blizz :)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 07:01:06 pm »
It's not like raging to Blizzard or something, but on cRPG, they know chadz can do something about it if they whine hard enough.

I think we are getting to a major point here...in such a small game with a known developer/overseer there is a better chance of your "whining" making a difference.  So if there is a perceived imbalance or a hated class, it might be "worth it" to these people to rage hard and actually attempt to get something changed.

I bet this is one of the underlying reasons that addresses the OP's question "why so much rage/whine?"  A possible answer: because it might actually work.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 07:02:27 pm by Garison »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 07:08:37 pm »
+3
Remove Two-Handed weapons and i GUARANDAMNTEE that if you wait 2-4 weeks all whiners will be gone from cRPG. Trust me.  :shock:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 07:22:53 pm »
Cause everyone will be gone?

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 07:25:36 pm »
+3
Remove Two-Handed weapons and i GUARANDAMNTEE that if you wait 2-4 weeks all whiners will be gone from cRPG. Trust me.  :shock:

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline SchokoSchaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: Eats grass
  • IRC nick: Schoko
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 07:26:08 pm »
+1
You forgot OttomanSniper.
määääääääääh!

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2011, 07:32:01 pm »
+1
...but not a single game came even close the the level of whining in cRPG.

That's odd. I seem to perceive the opposite.

I remember forums in World of Warcraft to be full of whine and flaming and almost unusable because of that. But a better example would be APB. I've spent a few hours trying to read the APB forums, but my god... most of it is whine and the rest is flaming and cheat accusations.

I think the crpg community is pretty good compared to others.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2011, 07:38:52 pm »

I remember forums in World of Warcraft to be full of whine and flaming and almost unusable because of that. But a better example would be APB. I've spent a few hours trying to read the APB forums, but my god... most of it is whine and the rest is flaming and cheat accusations.

TF2 has a much better community than cRPG. If you hit the clan servers, people are a lot nicer, outgoing and supportive on there. The nublet servers are just quiet, cos no one has a mic. And they're morons.

While cRPG doesn't have the worst community ever, it certainly has a few outstanding characters who draw from the dredges of society.

APB is actually worse than this community. APB has cheat accusations flying in real time, and all around morons, idiots, whiners and ragers.

I can't say anything about WoW, I don't play it. But I like the MnB community. You gaise aren't half bad assholes <3

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2335
  • Infamy: 14
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 07:42:19 pm »

WoW have so many kids playing it, that why so much whine.

APB is the worst game I ever "tested" so even if I've never read their forums I bet all that whine is justified.

C-RPG has a lot more mature community and that's why so much whine seems odd.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2011, 07:44:47 pm »
I play (and have played) quite a lot of multiplayer games, and there has always been a lot of whining about balance, other classes and similar stuff, but not a single game came even close the the level of whining in cRPG.
Same here. Only in many of those other games there is little to NO whining. Here it's crybaby central though.

I've played a bunch of classes, from ranged to melee to cav (I'm a terrible cav) and it's funny how complaints change.  It's like people think that only real men play class XYZ, while pansies play class ABC, without realizing that most people play a bunch of different ones.
I have played ALL classes myself and I can assure the crybabies they can do well in ANY class if they are skilled. I could bring out my alt thrower RIGHT NOW. Go on siege or battle. Do very well, then have all the morons bitching about throwing being 'OP'. I could do the same with any other build/class. The common ingredient in success is 'skill'. It's NOT the classes or weapons that are the problem.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 07:55:41 pm by Lichen »

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 07:46:23 pm »
TF2 has a much better community than cRPG.

True, but you are talking about alltalk servers like Festers place. That's not a forum. Not a fair comparison.

But i agree that TF2 also has a fantastic community. GoT for the Dutchies, Festers for the Brits.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1144
  • Infamy: 2572
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 07:56:00 pm »
I have played ALL classes myself and I can assure the crybabies they can do well in ANY class if they are skilled.

That is true. But that's not the problem, that's how it should be.

Problem is that someone who's crappy at any form of melee could pick some ranged class and pwn people. That's not cool.

Or he's just not made to be man at arms? :lol:

Offline played

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2011, 07:59:11 pm »
Same here. Only in many of those other games there is little to NO whining. Here it's crybaby central though.

I have played ALL classes myself and I can assure the crybabies they can do well in ANY class if they are skilled. I could bring out my alt thrower RIGHT NOW. Go on siege and top the scoreboard very likely then have all the morons bitching about throwing being 'OP'. I could do the same with any other build/class. The common ingredient in success is 'skill'. It's NOT the classes or weapons that are the problem.

Im willing to bet all my crpg gold, on you using fotm builds and equipment on all those characters.
 Its easy to top the scoreboard, doing it with sub-par items and experimental builds takes skills.
Mala is a great example of a good player using sub-par equipment, much respect toward him for sticking with his style for over a year, regardless of build/eq efficiency.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2011, 08:02:31 pm »
+1
AND SO THE WHINERS COMES OUT. THE RACISTS CLASSISTS HATING EVERYONE EXCEPT THE SWORDYAN RACE CLASS!

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2011, 08:03:50 pm »
Problem is that someone who's crappy at any form of melee could pick some ranged class and pwn people. That's not cool.
So what? Also I'd disagree if you are saying that any player can just go archer and immediately 'own'.

Im willing to bet all my crpg gold, on you using fotm builds and equipment on all those characters.

What's fotm?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 08:05:22 pm by Lichen »