Author Topic: Version 0.241  (Read 77106 times)

Offline Chasey

• Tournament Champion
  • Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Chase
Re: Version 0.241
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2011, 10:48:49 pm »
Yes it is active earlier against agents and its the gayest thing ever. I'm getting teamhit about 3 times as much, with my bum gear that gets me killed a lot. You hit people you dont even see or are clearly behind you, and thats what I notice with a mace, one of the shortest weapons ingame. I can't imagine what hell it is for someone with a flamberge.

Please revert this change. Why do attacks need to be active earlier? Realism? Nobody in the right mind swings a weapon like the animations in cRPG so please dont apply realism on them. Every player now has a 4 meter danger radius around him, where both his teammates and the player himself are fucked. To properly fight eachother now without hits getting randomly interrupted, you basically have to go 1 vs 1.

Its completely unpredictable, you can't count on any hit going through. Random has indeed become a huge factor in cRPG combat now.
+1 this needs to be sorted
I like to fart on cold windows and lick the condensation :D

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2011, 11:12:31 pm »
I was actually trying to hit Uumdi with backswings on a polearm user last night, and it was ridiculously difficult to hurt my precious teammate. Not sure what you guys are on about. This was 135 reach weapon.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2011, 11:24:27 pm »
+1
The morning star must be a special case because of its model,

everything else makes sense

Yes it is active earlier against agents and its the gayest thing ever. I'm getting teamhit about 3 times as much, with my bum gear that gets me killed a lot. You hit people you dont even see or are clearly behind you, and thats what I notice with a mace, one of the shortest weapons ingame. I can't imagine what hell it is for someone with a flamberge.

Please revert this change. Why do attacks need to be active earlier? Realism? Nobody in the right mind swings a weapon like the animations in cRPG so please dont apply realism on them. Every player now has a 4 meter danger radius around him, where both his teammates and the player himself are fucked. To properly fight eachother now without hits getting randomly interrupted, you basically have to go 1 vs 1.

Its completely unpredictable, you can't count on any hit going through. Random has indeed become a huge factor in cRPG combat now.

It does not matter that in real life people would swing like that- In Crpg that weapon is lethal to anyone who is in front of it, and I do not want to see a flamberge hitting me through one of the users teamates ever again
Just a soldier

Offline Phalanx300

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2011, 12:05:00 am »
No, it's easy to counter them in 1v1, as it should be for all support weapons. Try countering a pikeman when he's supporting a two hander or a polearmer.

Why should the Long Spear be purely a support weapon?  :?

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2011, 01:35:33 am »

Well its now just a shorter, faster, and more damaging pike now. Can still whip it around and do some crazy stabs with it but the ground bumping has cut that down a bit.

As to why it should only be a support weapon. Honestly have no answer to this for you, the devs decided it should be so. Like I said its basically like a pike: Anti-cav and infantry support, though the Long spear does the infantry support a little better.

Offline Preacher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2011, 03:11:39 am »
What is all this cry about bouncing? I use polearms and the only thing I bounce off is the walls, and I dont kill teamates with backswings, must just be noob spammers crying.

Offline Preacher

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2011, 03:13:27 am »

Because 2h is the holy class according to the devs, thats why its the only class that never gets f-ed with, and why anything else would be considered support.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2011, 03:18:56 am »
Because 2h is the holy class according to the devs, thats why its the only class that never gets f-ed with, and why anything else would be considered support.

We are ignoring when the 2Her animations were changed a couple months ago and lolstab was nerfed?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2011, 03:39:59 am »
Reading the forums so far... Aw hell no this is fucked up!
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2011, 05:06:20 am »
+2

Why is the world round?

We are ignoring when the 2Her animations were changed a couple months ago and lolstab was nerfed?

It's hilarious how in the same thread you'll find several people swearing that devs/balancers are biased towards a class, each referring to a different class. Don't even bother replying, some people are just too simple-minded to see past their own noses.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2011, 05:11:21 am »
With the nerf in long spear overhead, there really isn't a reason to use it over a pike...

Offline Preacher

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2011, 06:01:00 am »

Yeah of course, now they stab further than their animations, and the stab last a half second past the time the thrust is done, some nerf.

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2011, 06:03:51 am »

2H Animations are more of a sidestep if not a buff, the very lethal "hanging" thrust does full damage even at full extension or while being retracted, and I don't even know how you can say lolstab was nerfed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #148 on: September 21, 2011, 06:08:30 am »
2H Animations are more of a sidestep if not a buff, the very lethal "hanging" thrust does full damage even at full extension or while being retracted, and I don't even know how you can say lolstab was nerfed.

ya really
Just a soldier

Offline Aseldo

• Baron
  • Renown: 147
  • Infamy: 80
  • you reading this?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Egad_Captain_TKoV
  • IRC nick: Egad
« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2011, 06:28:23 am »
Sweet Bodkin arrows are 2 pierce now :), my MW horn bow and MW bodkin arrows do 31 pierce damage :)