Author Topic: fair cav behavior on battle servers  (Read 25156 times)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
Re: fair cav behavior on battle servers
« Reply #270 on: April 13, 2012, 10:03:03 pm »
I never thought that angle nerf to be a good one, i wanted small changes like awlpike usable with shield ... but no they didn't remove damage from the awlpike polestagger shotgun, they removed the "can be used with shield" awesome!!! Wow that was one of your worst decissions ever Balancing team!!! well that and ruining sidesword wait that was not a team but Fassadar ...

In the end we are down from bamboo spear 200 "not anymore sheatable" to Awlpike 165 "not usable anymore with shield" to War Spear "for now still usable with shield and sheatable but wait for it" perhaps when we only can us a shortspear or a freakin disgusting looking fork people will notice that this is heading into the wrong direction and yes it has to do with cav, because if they would see more threads out there and the game would be tougher on you guys then only those who are really into the play style and not only the kill grinders would stay playing this class.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 10:06:43 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #271 on: April 14, 2012, 12:36:10 am »
The real fair cav behavior (for lance cav):

Bring a lance only.

If you get dehorsed fight on foot with the lance only and give these poor infantry peasants a chance. I do it all the time, really fun and adds a special kind of challenge  :D

(click to show/hide)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Miracle

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: s0mali_piratez
  • Game nicks: Miracle
  • IRC nick: Miracle
« Reply #272 on: April 14, 2012, 12:58:34 am »
The real fair cav behavior (for lance cav):

Bring a lance only.

If you get dehorsed fight on foot with the lance only and give these poor infantry peasants a chance. I do it all the time, really fun and adds a special kind of challenge  :D

(click to show/hide)

I was actually better at fighting on foot with a lance than being on horseback.
also free allers, permaban digglez imo
is there anyone (NH members excluded) that would have an issue with that? basically allers is big pun and digglez is fat joe, nobody would say no to that trade

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 14, 2012, 02:28:56 am »
the pic represents the very first stage of the battle where cav get kill hungry and kills afk stragglers. It wasnt the first round, it happened every round. then later kerrigan went "oh why does everyone hate us?"

Now I think you will never get this but I'll try again anyway :

No it doesn't "represents the very first stage of the battle where cav get kill hungry and kills afk stragglers."

That pic means nothing. Nothing. Going that way and being there soon after the round started is one of the very few options for cav on that map. What are we supposed to do exactly ? Wait somewhere ? Do nothing ? Dismount ?

I might ask you why are all infantry being killhungry bastards, rushing to the city, but I wont because I know that's the best option no matter what one wants to do as inf there.

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #274 on: April 14, 2012, 02:36:53 am »
I would like my fellow horse-lovers to consider a few things I have decided for myself in the last months.  many of these suggestions are easy to follow,  and it would help a lot to up the fun for everyone on the server:

-stop killing people that havent moved on their spawn.  dont matter if afk or what ever,  if they havent moved yet,  just let them be.
(click to show/hide)

-stop rushing into melee fights where u are not needed.
(click to show/hide)

-be foreseeing also to the actions of youre fellow cavmen.   
(click to show/hide)

-DO NOT RUN THROUGH TEAMMATES WHEN SPAWNING.
(click to show/hide)

in the end,  it comes down to one thing:  respect.  respect your fellow crpg players,  go around killing and slaying,  dieing and beeing shot,  dehorsed and raped.  but dont be a dick.

one last thing to our wonderful non mounted friends:  there are situations when u will get bumped.  there are situations when u will get tked.  i can assure you that the cavs are just as sorry for this as you guys are when u teamslash,  teamhit and shoot and whatnot.
(click to show/hide)

please,  anybody who wants something in this post,  i am glad to edit it.  i am just spittballing here.

as this seems to mutate into somekind of guide,  i will quote one of the replies for anyone who wants to know about teamwork:
added on request:

This!!
Respect Torben!

This proves my thoughts that you're one out of thousand...
I'm simply delighted with this move... no words that can describe this...  this is what I always insisted for when I was cav....
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 14, 2012, 03:31:49 pm »
+1
I abuse now what exactly? And what anyone elses's style of play? You are either delusional or at best very unspecific.
Tbh no clue who you are anyway, but it seems you feel strongly about me sry that i can't give you back some love, you seem to need it clearly.

Kinn: For someone who doesnt know who I am, following me into my teamspeak after strat battles and then GTXting when you dont like being told what a useless cunt you are, you sure got a short memory.

You have no place to complain about anything. Ever.

4 days ago: Two polearmers slashing you infront, I stabbed you DIRECTLY in the back, hit your shield. You are abusive imho in that: You have spotted that shields are clearly still broken, catching hits and ranged attacks that are miles from them, so you maxed out shield skill, effectively nerfed your own STR by doing this (All this is not abusive, THIS is---->) and then complain when you are crushed and ridden over like the agi whore you are: YOU chose this life, it irritates me SO much when I see you run into a friends swing on strat and then complain when they 1hit teamkill you. YOU fucked up, not them, and you got 1hit cause you made a build so you can spam on pub battle. Those were YOUR choises man. You cannot have your cake, and eat it too.

CAV: I never play cavalry anymore, I think you guys have been nerfed a lot, and when you kill any aware guys without a gank, it seems like a miracle. I still enjoy shooting horses, and spearing them, but it feels like a turkey shoot and if there actually IS any cav hate group, its just noobs who have never learnt to play properly. I hope you will be buffed sometime soon, to balance the price.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #276 on: April 15, 2012, 12:39:11 am »
+1
sry of topic
@BlindGuy
(click to show/hide)
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #277 on: April 15, 2012, 01:30:37 am »
This!!
Respect Torben!

This proves my thoughts that you're one out of thousand...
I'm simply delighted with this move... no words that can describe this...  this is what I always insisted for when I was cav....

actually someone still posting here concerning the cause and not flaming uselessly around,  NAIS :D
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 15, 2012, 01:48:54 am »
+1
Now I think you will never get this but I'll try again anyway :

No it doesn't "represents the very first stage of the battle where cav get kill hungry and kills afk stragglers."

That pic means nothing. Nothing. Going that way and being there soon after the round started is one of the very few options for cav on that map. What are we supposed to do exactly ? Wait somewhere ? Do nothing ? Dismount ?

I might ask you why are all infantry being killhungry bastards, rushing to the city, but I wont because I know that's the best option no matter what one wants to do as inf there.

er what? do you really think the rush for stragglers and afks are only on this map? this pic could have been taken on many other maps!
what can you do instead? hunt the other cav that rush your spawn?

if we rushing the city, its to get to cover from all cav , staying outside is pure suicide  :rolleyes:

ps : iv never seen so much GK hate tonight!!

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #279 on: April 15, 2012, 09:54:32 am »
+1
hunt the other cav that rush your spawn?

Yes? My priority number one as cav is other cav. And ranged obviously. Once both of those groups are whittled down, the inf blob has a much easier time of it, and so do you.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 15, 2012, 10:06:22 am »
When I'm in the mood for cRPG roulette, I chase other cav. But I usually play for a longer time when I search for unaware enemies instead, and attack cav when I have the advantage (which also depends on lancing skills, and that probably explains why Oberyn actively attacks most cavs and succeeds).

For cav, moving close to the enemy mob at round start and encircling it is a valid strategy, as long as the enemy doesn't shoot down the horses. Just as much as staying close to your mob and protect it is. I often pass by very close to the enemy spawn in my way to the enemy team myself, that doesn't imply I kill the people which are afk at spawn.

For this reason, I do not believe all 6 of these horsemen where there to rush afk people.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 15, 2012, 11:38:55 am »
+1
Yes? My priority number one as cav is other cav. And ranged obviously. Once both of those groups are whittled down, the inf blob has a much easier time of it, and so do you.

well that is nice to see but sadly this isnt how 80% of cav act

I did this 1 cav build lately, still at level 20 i was riding this small rouncey. Going to enemy spawn i would cross 3 or 4 horsemen on the way and not one turned round to try and hunt me down even though i was an easy target. And this happened every round except once where a gk decided to hunt me down.

There's this kind of mutual agreement to not fight enemy cav until the hunting for afks stragglers is done.

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 15, 2012, 12:12:34 pm »
well that is nice to see but sadly this isnt how 80% of cav act

I did this 1 cav build lately, still at level 20 i was riding this small rouncey. Going to enemy spawn i would cross 3 or 4 horsemen on the way and not one turned round to try and hunt me down even though i was an easy target. And this happened every round except once where a gk decided to hunt me down.

There's this kind of mutual agreement to not fight enemy cav until the hunting for afks stragglers is done.

not really.  HA always hunt cav first,  often supported by a lancer.  secondly you cant ask a guy on a heavy horse to try and hunt down a courser or an arab. 
Oberyn,  youre horse is perfect to hunt down other cav,  much more than a destrier and up could ever be.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #283 on: April 15, 2012, 12:13:18 pm »

Are you serious? I've seen groups of cav engage other groups of cav first thing literally every round I've played lately.

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 15, 2012, 12:29:26 pm »
+2
there is a story about Ernst Udet,  chief of the german luftwaffe in the early nineteen forties,  visiting some infantry post at the eastern front.

a few russian planes managed to attack the ground units,  forcing him to jump face down into the dirt,  and inducing huge intolerant  bitching about his planes not doing their job,  making the other inf grin,  because they saw that he finally understands why they hate the stuck up luftwaffe pilots in there shiny machines with their hero attitudes.

ofc,  they where engaged in dogfights several km above.  but what does that help if ivan is making you eat dirt   :mrgreen: