Author Topic: fair cav behavior on battle servers  (Read 24168 times)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
fair cav behavior on battle servers
« on: September 18, 2011, 05:50:49 pm »
+59
I would like my fellow horse-lovers to consider a few things I have decided for myself in the last months.  many of these suggestions are easy to follow,  and it would help a lot to up the fun for everyone on the server:

-stop killing people that havent moved on their spawn.  dont matter if afk or what ever,  if they havent moved yet,  just let them be.
(click to show/hide)

-stop rushing into melee fights where u are not needed.
(click to show/hide)

-be foreseeing also to the actions of youre fellow cavmen.   
(click to show/hide)

-DO NOT RUN THROUGH TEAMMATES WHEN SPAWNING.
(click to show/hide)

in the end,  it comes down to one thing:  respect.  respect your fellow crpg players,  go around killing and slaying,  dieing and beeing shot,  dehorsed and raped.  but dont be a dick.

one last thing to our wonderful non mounted friends:  there are situations when u will get bumped.  there are situations when u will get tked.  i can assure you that the cavs are just as sorry for this as you guys are when u teamslash,  teamhit and shoot and whatnot.
(click to show/hide)

please,  anybody who wants something in this post,  i am glad to edit it.  i am just spittballing here.

as this seems to mutate into somekind of guide,  i will quote one of the replies for anyone who wants to know about teamwork:
About helping inf teammates :

When your friends are clearly outnumbered, usually a simple couched lance flyby will net you a clean kill and make things a little easier for the team

When the fight is pretty much even, usually 1v1 fights, you can try to bump or lance the enemy, depending on the cases. The last strategy also works very well :

When your team outnumbers the enemy, you can add a lot of pressure on the enemy by simply standing there, slowly riding around the enemy with your lance prepared, ready to rush. You will probably not attack at all but it will confuse the enemy and make things easier for your team. This also works in even fights and is the least risky of all tactics.

You can even use the time you circle around the mob to analyse the battlefield and seek opportunities elsewhere.

added on request:
In siege, when infantry are hacking down a door and there's no enemy around, dont charge into them with your horse, take a slash from back swing or whatever, and then "M" them for the damage your stupidity just caused.

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 03:45:36 pm by Torben »
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
Re: how to not ruin cavs reputation.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 05:54:50 pm »
+6
-stop killing people that havent moved on their spawn.  dont matter if afk or what ever,  if they havent moved yet,  just let them be.

(click to show/hide)
because there are a lot of things that can make one not move for the first few seconds of the game.  the second said person than decides to move,  he is dead.  the cav man on the other hand didnt do anything challenging,  but only made his epeen grow.  which makes him a stupid fuck and he should die a painful death.

if im on my cav alt and i see someone like phyrex standing at spawn im couching that hoe :P my team would be pissed if i didnt :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 05:58:10 pm »
+2
I often just stand still at spawn for the first minute of the first round of a map.

Priceless.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 06:01:46 pm »
+1
I often just stand still at spawn for the first minute of the first round of a map.

Priceless.
We did this as ninjas a lot back when you could still sheath pikes, ahh the memories.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 06:12:22 pm »
+1
i kinda agree with this but most people wont.
also when im playing as an archer and i dont have an chance of killing all enemys when im last alive.
just surrender and get killed , you wil just stretch the fuckin time and u wil most likely only get one kill while u stretched like 1 minute.
just be reasonable.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 06:15:02 pm »
+2
When you are fighting alone as footman and see a cav teammate incoming, backpedal a little bit to let him bump your foe. It helps everybody.

As a cav, never forget you can jump over cav and inf teammates in last resort to avoid bumping and blocking.

The best way to avoid bumping teammates at spawn is often turning and getting out in the wrong direction. You don't loose much time anyway.

This is somewhat unintuitive, but when you encounter a friendly inf in a straight street, head for the center of the street and let the inf go on the sides.

Your bumps don't do much damage when you are slow. When you want to go somewhere and your chances of bumping teammates are high, decelerate a bit. It also helps your maneuver.

Remember that you are the least nimble. You are not the one that has to get out of the way when you are about to bump a friendly inf aware of you. This helps preventing the bumps when both go in the same direction to avoid it.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 06:23:36 pm »
+5
Good tips there indeed.

Also, Infantry when you have an enemy heading towards you and you can see a friendly cavalry coming up behind him, don't spin around him trying to attack his shield and put yourself inbetween the cav and the enemy, because you'll either get bumped, slashed, both or even worst the enemy might kill you and the cav has lost the free shot on his back. Instead back up and draw him towards you and let the cavalry hit his back, he either dies or if he survives then you can attack.

Though I think a majority of players are too kill greedy to even think about doing stuff like this, alot of people are more worried about their posistion on the scoreboard. If it were up to me I'd just remove kills from the scoreboard altogether and have only a website scoreboard of kills/deaths etc, but I know that wouldn't happen because there are too many players who want to flash their e-peen around on servers.

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 06:29:16 pm »
+2
If it were up to me I'd just remove kills from the scoreboard altogether and have only a website scoreboard of kills/deaths etc, but I know that wouldn't happen because there are too many players who want to flash their e-peen around on servers.

awsome!  i am putting this up on the suggestion corner, but i will oc mention the idea beeing yours!
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes

Offline masasa

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_masasa
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 06:36:06 pm »

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 07:08:03 pm »
+4
well masasa,  i will have to change the op´s titel than i guess.  i actually just wanted to give reasonable advices on how to improve gaming  experience for everyone.

youre "lol no" attitude is quite self centered.  imagine being an inf and having six friendly cav bumping you to the floor each round.  its a pain,  not for ones ego but cause its disruptive.

also you should know better as to answering every example spot on,  as everything written  is an example for a more general problem.

i guess i´ll therefor not counter every of your arguments

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
GK.. notorious spawn killers, Maganda being probably the worst.
Turtles

Offline Renegat

• Baron
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 07:26:48 pm »
+2
God, masasa's post show at which point most of crpg's players only think about their ratio ...

I am myself a cav, and i ve been a cav for 1 year. But i hate others cav. Do you know why? Because they are like you, they only want to do kills and can't refrain from bothering inf to make kills.
The fact that you like killing afk don't bother me at all, if you want to depreciate yourself in killing motionless target, it's your problem.
However, that :

lol, no. This is 50% of all my kills. The challenging part is to approach from right angle and avoid harming teammates(it is actually quite hard because they never teamplay=if friendly cav is around inf should backpedal while blocking instead of running around the enemy in circles).

bother me.
Indeed, why do you absolutly want to kill the guy? just bumping the ennemie is less risky for your mate and the result would be the same (but you won't have the kill ... oooh, poor boy) ... And how your mate could know about the fact that you re here? most of the time, when i'm fighting, i don't always pay attention to poeple coming around. But you, you obviously saw your mate, so YOU have to help him, and not the contrary.

Besides, the main mission of cavalry is :
- Killing archers, because as a cav, it's easier for you to kill them than for an inf. (and please, don't say me that they will shoot you before reaching them, you re in GK, you can organized between you, wait 1min30s that the round begin and archers dispers and go for them with your clanmate, you ll have some easy kills and you ll be happy.)

- Killing isolated inf

- helping team8 who look in difficulty.

Do you see in those mission "having as many kills as i can even if i bump 3 or 4 inf while they are fighting (in other words, you tk them but it won't be noticed on the scoreboard) and tk some others because you re not good enough to foresee the ennemie's + your mate's motion"? I don't

Plus, most of the time, when i got bump at spawn, i lose 1/10 or 1/15 of my life, which is not negligible (for me).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 07:31:09 pm by Renegat »

Offline Renegat

• Baron
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 07:28:32 pm »
error sry

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
I don't mind spawn killing much. It's a valid tactic to consider that people far from their team are easy targets now and will probably not be anymore later. If you allow your team to fight less enemies than usual, you are helping them.

Anyway, there shouldn't be afk people at spawn. If you start a game and then your phone rings, not problem maybe you get killed once but that doesn't change anything.

But clearly, this is not the main role of cav. I don't see many afk people at spawn anyway. However, my first kill is often that slow dude that spawned a tad later than his friends and doesn't watch his back while running towards them.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2011, 07:35:18 pm »
lol, no. This is like 30% of all my kills(spawn killing that is, not just afk dudes). Also I want to win rounds, this helps my team. Also I risk my neck every time I go for enemy spawn. First I have to get through enemy cav, then archers and when I reach the spawn half the time the "afk" inf is just playing afk so he can get easy cav kills.
You're a my old friend

lol, no. This is 50% of all my kills. The challenging part is to approach from right angle and avoid harming teammates(it is actually quite hard because they never teamplay=if friendly cav is around inf should backpedal while blocking instead of running around the enemy in circles).
Oh, yes, of course we want you to kill the enemy we've been fighting for the last minute.