Author Topic: Horse Speed + Acceleration  (Read 16055 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: Horse Speed + Acceleration
« Reply #210 on: September 16, 2011, 09:36:44 pm »
What is buff?

What is buff?
Cmp hurts me,
Don't hurt me.. no more.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:mrgreen:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 09:41:39 pm by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 16, 2011, 09:40:04 pm »
+1
actually i have an great idea.. just youtube barrel racing or something so you can actually see how a horse really maneuvers, then you can implement this into the game.. i mean really tho. just keep driving it right into the dirt.. it may go from not even really being a horse to being even more not really like a horse lol.. dude.. horses are supposed to haul ass, even way more than it was.. they can also run 40-50mph..
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline IceManX

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 16, 2011, 09:48:31 pm »
I can only say well done!
Nerf the horsemen - they didnt have to pay more than others... Lance, Weapons, Armors, Shields, their horses...

And plz buff those goddamn ranged people. They are so weak.
XBows can only one shot people in fullplate, plz make it that they just have to aim at someone with their crosshair and the one dies after that, without shooting the bolt.

Oh and i forgot the weak archers, their shotguns with an unlimited reach of dmg (arrows make nearly fulldmg even over a half map) and their shooting speed. Jump, Shot, Jump, Shot and so on... and hitting shit like gods.

Oh and before i forget it, take my sarcasm!

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #213 on: September 16, 2011, 09:59:38 pm »
I can only say well done!
Nerf the horsemen - they didnt have to pay more than others... Lance, Weapons, Armors, Shields, their horses...

And plz buff those goddamn ranged people. They are so weak.
XBows can only one shot people in fullplate, plz make it that they just have to aim at someone with their crosshair and the one dies after that, without shooting the bolt.

Oh and i forgot the weak archers, their shotguns with an unlimited reach of dmg (arrows make nearly fulldmg even over a half map) and their shooting speed. Jump, Shot, Jump, Shot and so on... and hitting shit like gods.

Oh and before i forget it, take my sarcasm!

jumpshot is dead

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Tyrell

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: Tyrell, Prince Aegon, Date_Masamune
« Reply #214 on: September 16, 2011, 10:02:43 pm »
actually i have an great idea.. just youtube barrel racing or something so you can actually see how a horse really maneuvers, then you can implement this into the game.. i mean really tho. just keep driving it right into the dirt.. it may go from not even really being a horse to being even more not really like a horse lol.. dude.. horses are supposed to haul ass, even way more than it was.. they can also run 40-50mph..
This is the truth.
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

LIBERNATE

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #215 on: September 16, 2011, 10:06:37 pm »

Pretty much any equine sports show the natural agility and speed of horses. To be honest though, it would really only apply to the lighter horse breeds. While a big mailed horse with a rider really isn't affected by the weight it's carrying (it'd be like you running around with a 30lb back pack, can get rough eventually, but you can overcome it with training and familiarity)  they ARE still going to be limited in their speed and agility by their breed characteristics. Some horse breeds just aren't as agile as others, but they make up for it by being larger, tougher, and more stable.

Offline Tyrell

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: Tyrell, Prince Aegon, Date_Masamune
« Reply #216 on: September 16, 2011, 10:12:05 pm »
+1
Pretty much any equine sports show the natural agility and speed of horses. To be honest though, it would really only apply to the lighter horse breeds. While a big mailed horse with a rider really isn't affected by the weight it's carrying (it'd be like you running around with a 30lb back pack, can get rough eventually, but you can overcome it with training and familiarity)  they ARE still going to be limited in their speed and agility by their breed characteristics. Some horse breeds just aren't as agile as others, but they make up for it by being larger, tougher, and more stable.
While this is true, the fast horse breeds in cRPG (Destrier, Courser) are no longer as fast as they should be. I say again, nothing needed to be changed. Don't know why people expect  a fully armored cav with a lance coming to be anything but strong.
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

LIBERNATE

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 308
  • Infamy: 1959
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 16, 2011, 10:14:37 pm »
Right now horse speed and acceleration is ok, not what it used to be (OP) but it's fine.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #218 on: September 16, 2011, 10:16:00 pm »
It's a hard life playing 1h shield cav, but I'll do it anyway because I'm a pretty cool guy, I can ride a horse and I doesn't afraid of anything.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 16, 2011, 10:16:08 pm »
A while back a couple of people finally caught on (I was there  :mrgreen:)
You are just Jelly.

I was talking about like september-december last year.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #220 on: September 16, 2011, 10:17:41 pm »
I was talking about like september-december last year.

Welcome to this year gawd... Talk about living in the past....
"Nobody knows who this guy is last year!"

Oh rly? YAH RLY!

Okay Patricia... Now just drink your warm milk, have a cookie and take a nap, you are "the best" don't worry. *pats Patricia reassuringly on the head while shooing to nap time*
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
Re: Horse Speed
« Reply #221 on: September 16, 2011, 10:23:05 pm »
+1
You can't have that. It's simply not possible. A cav will not attack an aware enemy if in optimal conditions he doesn't win. Now that 2h do have the advantage vs cav, cav don't try to lance aware 2h anymore.

If you are an inf and you are getting couched, it's your fault. It's extremely easy to strike first given the shit range it has. Couched lance is only useful against unaware enemies (and is indeed much better than lance pokeing in that case because it won't miss half the time for no reason and has much more chances to onehit). If you are caught unaware, it's obviously your fault too.

With those two comments you are sort of negating the point of cavalry. Cavalry isn't about fighting someone for x seconds then killing him or dying, it's about swiftly charging then getting away. The biggest advantage of cav is choosing it's fights. You can't take that away, making a class better against cav will just mean that cav will be less tempted to attack that class.

On a side note, what I repeatedly see in horse complaints is that infantry aren't really crying about any horses, except the arab warhorse. It's the only one footman and ranged aren't able to dodge consistently, because of it's crazy maneuver. It's also the only one making the rider able to kill an enemy horse, then kill it's rider while he's on the ground, defenseless (doesn't happen often, but is quite lame honestly).

Don't think you quite understood any of my post. Might be because I am laying on the beach, posting from my phone lol.

I was saying that for me it is much more fun to be in close encounter battles with cav when I play my inf class (1hd/2hd) and with inf when I play my 1hd cav class.

As cav I - besides going for the easy, unaware kills - enjoy a fair duel with a melee inf and the other way around. Having to dodge couches and mindnumbingly downblock lance thrusts is not my idea of fun on the other hand.

Therefore: please don't give cav more reason to stay out of the reach of all melee, except when there is a mile of even ground available.

Btw: I play somewhat equally as well on horse as melee. So no biased request here.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #222 on: September 16, 2011, 10:26:44 pm »
that's why i don't play CRPG anymore...  :cry:

You, sir, ARE missed.

Now quit whining and come play again.

Oh and don't listen to Pat, he's an angry pretend Texan :p
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #223 on: September 16, 2011, 10:29:41 pm »
Muhahahahahaha HA!

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #224 on: September 16, 2011, 10:31:37 pm »
Thomek...it was rebuffed...