Author Topic: End the bunny hopping madness  (Read 10305 times)

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
Re: End the bunny hopping madness
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2011, 07:48:00 pm »
I say cav, in addition to inf and archers should not be able to block, attack, or knock people, over whilst jumping

+1 but infantry needs to be able to do overheads while jumping to be able to destroy ladders on siege. Without jump-overheads, def on siege will be pretty much impossible with no way to destroy well placed ladders.

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2011, 08:28:53 pm »
Off the top of my head idea:

Jump for melee= 50% dmg reduction  (fulcrum affect, from unstationary, unstable platform)

Jump for ranged= 50% accuracy reduction (-tracking/aiming affect from unstationary, unstable platform)

Could adjust this to a different percentage (for both) if this is to much/to little

Also and/or larger reduction to jump height/distance due to weight.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2011, 08:36:22 pm »
Off the top of my head idea:

Jump for melee= 50% dmg reduction  (fulcrum affect, from unstationary, unstable platform)

Jump for ranged= 50% accuracy reduction (-tracking/aiming affect from unstationary, unstable platform)

Could adjust this to a different percentage (for both) if this is to much/to little

Also and/or larger reduction to jump height/distance due to weight.

seems nice but... archers DONT shoot while mid-air. they just nock and draw, shooting just a sec after they land... so will be useless.

Offline Vingnir the Wanderer

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Snowhawk
  • Game nicks: Ving
« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2011, 10:07:46 pm »
Doh, yeah, your right... hmmm

Well the melee half makes sense lol

How bout no airborne knock and draw, and the melee adjustments...?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:09:14 pm by Vingnir the Wanderer »

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2011, 10:52:48 pm »
Same here... i was thinking about getting 7 PD instead of 6. But now im going Agi all the way. 18/27 way too go. As most 2 handers still outrun me now anyways, and kill me in 1 shot.

Nope not raging.

Good that I'm on my way to 33 with 21/24  7pd and 8 wm and only 2 athletics.......would like to run away but hey, doesn't work -.-  Now I can't even jump and reload...

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #140 on: September 17, 2011, 02:26:20 am »
+2
Archers just lost the last thing they had left.

This was a huge nerf and archers needs a little buff in something else to make up for the ability that they lost. Like a speed buff or damage buff.

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #141 on: September 17, 2011, 04:15:00 am »
+1
I like how someone posted that last 3 pages have been archers bitching about a nerf and you know what.....we should. All we've been getting is nerfs and i'd love to see you not bitch if they changed your characters class...lemme guess you're a strength whore?

as above the jump shot is something archers had left....now might as well just stand still and die.

You guys want to nerf something nerf the retarded polearm stun. Awesome idea right?

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #142 on: September 17, 2011, 06:16:39 am »
Never say all, one of the patches recently was a buff...   or at least they lessened a previous nerf. That's kind of like getting a buff right? :rolleyes:

When I first saw the topic name though, I just assumed it would be about how people are always hopping around try to dodge ranged and cav, turning jumpshot is so rare and inconsequential there is no need to do anything about it. Just take the arrow for its 10 damage it does to you and chop the archer to pieces.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #143 on: September 17, 2011, 10:56:49 am »
Stop crying you lobbying scrub

Have you ever played Archery on a skilled level ?

people cry for all sorts of stuff they want nerfed, while they havent got a single clue what there actually asking for.

But im happy for you, we got some biased devs. that will nerf everything for you, except for the class they play themselves.

This mod is starting to turn into something way beyond retarded. We sit thru so much BS nerfs and bugs, we waited months for strat... and it was still as abusable and broken as shit. And now were waiting for strat again.... wich prolly will be more bugged as ever.

Seriously chadz, you should consider finding a new team of devs.

Ahah yes, I'm the whiner of course. The acceleration nerf is pretty bad, and I'm not whining about it, in fact I accepted it and addapted pretty well. I didn't throw a tantrum like a 5 year old and start insulting everyone cause bohoo my class got a nerf, even though it's a hundred times more of a nerf for cav than taking away jumpshot was for archers. But of course that's classic Jambi. You have 0 critical thinking skills, kind of like a woman on her period. What the fuck are you man, some rich, spoiled only kid in RL who always expects to get his way?  What the fuck gives you the right to talk this shit to the devs? You useless cunt, you've contributed absolutely nothing to the game, where do you get off talking as if you're a paying customer. So godamn idiotic. No one owes you anything you entitled piece of shit.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 11:08:36 am by Oberyn »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #144 on: September 17, 2011, 12:03:34 pm »
+1
just buy a shield already
My fridge is my shield

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #145 on: September 17, 2011, 12:36:46 pm »
in september 2010 i planned a 3 months morningstar crushthru build. i had funny times with that. the devs then removed morningstar blockcrush. then my level 39 gen 10 build was totally screwed. nobody gave me a respec. i dealt with it.

i simply left cRPG for 6 months  :wink:

so just a little fix as the jumpshoot is nothing compared to how i got screwed.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 12:38:39 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Apsod

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 17, 2011, 03:50:43 pm »
Morning star got the bonus aginst shield as a small buff, but archers got nothing.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2011, 03:58:50 pm »
Morning star got the bonus aginst shield as a small buff, but archers got nothing.

Losing crushthrough on an unbalanced weapon and not being able to draw your bow in air are not quite comparable....
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Apsod

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 17, 2011, 04:17:15 pm »
It is, weapon nerfs happen all the time, but this is a nerf that applies to all ranged. The accuracy of archery is terrible and the missile speed is terrible, so we have to come close to the melee people to hit anything at all. And from there on we have to jump and shoot when they get close.

So now what we do is either stay far away and hit 1/15 arrows or we move in and fire 5 arrows and get killed. Give us higher missile speed or higher accuracy so we can hit things from a disctance now that we can`t fight in close range.

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Infamy: 53
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2011, 05:23:54 pm »
It is, weapon nerfs happen all the time, but this is a nerf that applies to all ranged. The accuracy of archery is terrible and the missile speed is terrible, so we have to come close to the melee people to hit anything at all. And from there on we have to jump and shoot when they get close.

So now what we do is either stay far away and hit 1/15 arrows or we move in and fire 5 arrows and get killed. Give us higher missile speed or higher accuracy so we can hit things from a disctance now that we can`t fight in close range.

Exactly...Now if I even fall from a small height itself it cancels my draw instantly...I fight up close to compensate for the lack of accuracy from a ranged weapon...not to mention I have 164 in wpf...