Author Topic: Hospitaller Cowards  (Read 8414 times)

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
Re: Hospitaller Cowards
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2011, 03:51:35 am »
Wow, the shit posting on these forums is really at an all time high, in every thread.  Sad.

Anyways, what happened was Devesatater declared the battle as regular, but it was scheduled for the exact same time slot as another battle on the same server.  He was unable to hire mercs (I think) and the battle never even rotated in, or at least no one was able to join.  The first battle, however, proceeded normally.  Because of this he never had the chance to retreat, and automatically lost everything.

A sensible post to end all of the childish banter with an awesome avatar to boot.
The thread should have ended here.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 03:58:42 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2011, 03:57:13 am »
my understanding is a bit diff.
GK reinforced to the point where devestator wanted to retreat to preserve his force, but yes the battle was scheduled at the same time on the same server as another, thus, his battle was postponed until the end of the other battle. i attended both battles that were scheduled for the same time, and a couple minutes after the first one ended, the next one started.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2011, 04:28:04 am »
I saw him in IRC after the battle saying that he wasn't able to edit his roster for mercs or something and wasn't able to join in order to do a retreat, thus lost everything.

Maybe he just forgot to show up entirely?  Either way I suppose only he knows ~~the truth~~ and everyone else is just speaking for him, but it sure sounded like he was victim of bugs
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2011, 04:30:46 am »
ahhh i know whats up...
he was the only one signed when the time for the fight officially was, at that point the roster is confirmed, even though the fight hasn't started yet. i saw both start at 2am, and so at 2am he could no longer add to roster, even though it didnt start till about 3:30am.

Offline Sleinal

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • my guns are bigger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2011, 04:46:23 am »
This is clearly a troll thread, we all know hospitallers are the best.
Don't mess with the best

Offline Peppovitch

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Peppovitch
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2011, 04:55:20 am »
I don't really understand the need for this thread but I will just post to let people know what happened.  Last night we were supposed to retreat from the battle, but for some reason we could not see the battle in the strategus character page, and so were not able to recruit anyone.  We tried to hire people two hours before the battle at 1:00 am before the delay, but again we could not see the battle on the list. It sucks and we wish something could be done to fix this, but this is a beta and shit happens.

I know that many of you clans dislike us for whatever reasons, but a thread like this is unnecessary.  We have been showing up for battles, fighting honorably, and just trying to enjoy the game like the rest of you.   These bash threads are popping up everywhere and it sucks to see that the minority of resentful posters are speaking for everyone.  If the devs could please lock this thread, it would be greatly appreciated.

Let's try and keep this civil guys....
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 04:58:17 am by Peppovitch »

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2011, 12:47:01 pm »
Lorenzo:

Hospitallers are not cowards. In fact they are among the best Players in the game. They just suffer from incompetent leadership. This non-attack is just one of the countless self inflicted wounds its leadership has handed this clan.

Not discounting your abilities, but you should consider yourself fortunate that you did not face Hospitaller's muscle, but just its brain.

Ye this is what we heard, but we also just like winding people up ;) didn't think people would take this all so seriously :P
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2011, 02:24:54 pm »
I don't really understand the need for this thread

me neither, i hope the next battle will be in normal hours with proper rosters and without any drama

cheers

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2011, 05:59:42 pm »
Ye this is what we heard, but we also just like winding people up ;) didn't think people would take this all so seriously :P

Crazycrakawhatshisname takes this very seriously. If only I could make a reputation so people would take me less seriously (I still like how he then accused me of back peddling despite me not changing my stance in the slightest, heh. Love those guys. Never mess with knights yo, they will mess you up!).

In all seriousness I like you all, but threads like this exist because people are silly and so is Strategus. Besides, with all the "talk" you guys gave us in the past in the battle and siege servers, consider this a little friendly payback. We love you man!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 06:02:10 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2011, 07:48:29 pm »
Indeed gg all :)
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline firmitas

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Louis_de_la_Vallee
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2011, 09:01:37 pm »
+1
I don't really understand the need for this thread but I will just post to let people know what happened.  Last night we were supposed to retreat from the battle, but for some reason we could not see the battle in the strategus character page, and so were not able to recruit anyone.  We tried to hire people two hours before the battle at 1:00 am before the delay, but again we could not see the battle on the list. It sucks and we wish something could be done to fix this, but this is a beta and shit happens.

I know that many of you clans dislike us for whatever reasons, but a thread like this is unnecessary.  We have been showing up for battles, fighting honorably, and just trying to enjoy the game like the rest of you.   These bash threads are popping up everywhere and it sucks to see that the minority of resentful posters are speaking for everyone.  If the devs could please lock this thread, it would be greatly appreciated.

Let's try and keep this civil guys....

Mr. Glass House:

No one here dislikes the Hospitallers. I have nothing but admiration for them. They are just poorly led. This thread is simply about a blunder. A blunder that has never occurred to another clan. Thus, this thread is not about bashing, but about recounting something funny. You cannot deny that it is funny: to travel across the map just to attack another faction's town who is surrounded by allies, come to this realization, attempt to withdraw, and still loose all of your troops--a la children's crusade. This is funny.  And yet this blunder will only strengthen Hospitaller's leadership--I am sorry but this is funny.

If you do not want to be a punchline, I would suggest that, instead of blaming others and asking threads to be closed, your leadership take responsibility for its own actions, and change the decision making process that continues to yield these results.

I tell you what: here is a list of the top 20 bad leadership traits I came up with. If you do not think these describe the Hospitaller Leadership Trifecta I welcome your additions and comments.

Incompetence
    Fear and doubts regarding employees’ competence
    Micromanagement
    Unwillingness or inability to change and adopt
    Unwillingness to learn and grow
    Low self-esteem and confidence
    Emotional insecurity and immaturity
    Make decisions based on emotions
    Act as a roadblock between upper managers and employees
    Blame others for failures and take credit for successes
    shows favoritism
    React negatively to criticism
    Rules oriented and not people oriented
    Make assumptions without fact checking
    Cannot take no for an answer
    Have a tunnel vision
    Don’t listen
    Don’t care about how their actions impact others
    Act differently in front of their superiors and subordinates
    Demand perfection
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:34:09 am by firmitas »
Volent aleae!

Offline firmitas

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2011, 09:04:13 pm »
+1

Indeed. It is called Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and you certainly hit its vein. As for Huseby, he is just giving face to something he loves. Admirable considering he is not responsible for the debacle.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 09:15:25 pm by firmitas »
Volent aleae!

Offline firmitas

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2011, 09:09:03 pm »
double post, sorry
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 09:12:43 pm by firmitas »
Volent aleae!

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2011, 09:11:33 pm »
3 posts?  :P

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2011, 09:15:17 pm »
This is Gold.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.