Author Topic: New type of anti- cav items  (Read 5214 times)

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: New type of anti- cav items
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2011, 08:25:20 pm »
.  Cav can't dominate everywhere, as Ghengis Khan found out when he left the steppes.
lolwut ?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 961
  • Infamy: 452
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2011, 08:29:41 pm »
That guy shouldn't talk about something he knows nothing about.

But this is a free world and everyone got a mouth and tongue..

Offline The_Devious_Duc_Volpe

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Devious, Legitimate Businessmen
  • Game nicks: The_Devious_Duc_Volpe
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2011, 08:31:38 pm »
That guy shouldn't talk about something he knows nothing about.

But this is a free world and everyone got a mouth and tongue..

Till his tongue gets cut out for insolence, by Genghis Khan.  :wink:
Hell, I’ll kill a man in a fair fight, or if I think he’s gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there’s a woman, or if I’m gettin paid; mostly only when I’m gettin paid.

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2011, 08:47:58 pm »
lolwut ?

Exactly what I was thinking.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Volos

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Clan MacLeod(just kidding no clan...yet)
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2011, 08:55:49 pm »
GREAT IDEA
Once players get to a high level, they get on a horse that's armored up the ass and they armor themselves with the highest possible armor they can afford and then
all they do is ride around like they don't give a fuck and just stab people way too easily and get easy kills cause they're bitches and have figured out that easy sweetspot and can't play if they're not armored.

And that's totally unrealistic, armored horseman were very vulnerable in the medieval era, but in this game they're a bit too unrealistic. If I were to thrust a pike into charging cavalry in those times, the horse and man would be skewered and dead and they'd collapes and tumble into the ground to death, but in here the pike just stops them with minimal damage. I don't know about you, but if I were to find that nich in a horse's head armor or pierce through with a pike or spear(which easily happened in those times) that motherfucking horse is going down and it's rider is gonna do a forward flip face first into the muddy ground.

Longbowmen in those time, used wooden stakes to fend off cavalry, because horses would NEVER charge into pointed things like stakes and pikes and spears.

So if it's a static item that does no damage, that's fine it'll stop cavalry, but they need to be a bit more thinner and shorter, they weren't that gigantic.

IF, but I doubt cause it can't be done GAME-WISE or programming-wise, cavalry charges into it or jumps over it then they take damage, but it can't be done. So a static item that can be placed in the THROWING category like the siege shield and ladders is a great place to put it.

This way, archers and xbowmen can smarten up and instead of running around solo shooting then getting killed can form up and make a nice line or arc of deployable spikes and stay formed up as a ranged unit. The stakes should only take up 2 slots that way they can still have their bow and arrows.

Game Characters: Volos, Volossa, Ashalem, Vorexuonek, Brun

Offline Serth

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Serth
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2011, 09:09:35 pm »
Volos its a game who the fuck cares how big they are, cut the fucking realism talk.

I base this asshole comment on the fact that its game. Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:12:23 pm by Serth »

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2011, 09:28:16 pm »
you actually made this idea working, which is really great!

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Volos

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Clan MacLeod(just kidding no clan...yet)
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2011, 09:38:46 pm »
Did you make those stakes in the original screenshots? Is your wubby wubby heart broken by my commy wommy comment?

If you didn't make those stakes and you're just an idiot who likes to make stupid 2 word comments(cause you can't make a complete sentence) and not give any real input, let me ask you this:

Why the fuck you even playing this game? Do you know what's it's about and what it's based on? Do you know that the people who made cRPG
made the mod and this website and this forum so serious minded individuals who actually know shit about medieval combat made it to make suggestions so they can IMPROVE the game and make it more believable and less like a stupid first person shooter game? Which some people already or are trying to find that hack or niche to exploit it.

Do yourself and everyone else a favor, go play Black Ops, whatever is IN, or some other game where you can get easy kills so you can make yourself feel good or some lame-ass hyped up JAPANIMATION game where they take shit from like every historical era and every game and mash it all up and make it look COOOOOL for dumbasses like you. Go play something that tweens are playing. This is for MATURE people who've been waiting for a serious medieval combat game.

And stay off forums cause you sound like 12 and a dumb motherfucker.

And um, by the way save your reply, I've said what I've about this and moving on to other suggestion posts and I've got other shit to do than go back and forth with a pimple faced cumquad like you. I actually have a life and don't need to text or chat or forum post back and forth to feel like I have a life. OOOOOOH SNAAAAAAP! LOL!
Game Characters: Volos, Volossa, Ashalem, Vorexuonek, Brun

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2011, 09:45:45 pm »
^^ whoa rant status

As a lance cav player, I wholly approve of this and hope it is implemented, it is quite easy to pick off archers atm.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2011, 10:02:30 pm »
^^ whoa rant status

As a lance cav player, I wholly approve of this and hope it is implemented, it is quite easy to pick off archers atm.
Apart from those jumpy ones with high atl xD

But to cmpx, they don't have to deal damage if that's what causes the performance issues. Just having a static item would be really helpful.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 10:03:37 pm by Zapper »
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Serth

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Serth
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2011, 10:02:46 pm »

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2011, 12:53:09 am »
But to cmpx, they don't have to deal damage if that's what causes the performance issues. Just having a static item would be really helpful.

Yes, that's what causes the performance issues. I guess static spikes would work as well...

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2011, 01:14:51 am »
Yes, that's what causes the performance issues. I guess static spikes would work as well...
Wouldn't work as well and wouldn't be as cool, but they would serve their use. But a horsemen who reared close to a group of enemies (especially ranged) is usually fucked anyway. also would there be a way for them to have an AI invisible wall above them (to stop horses) so that one could still infantry jump over/on them and shoot over them? Otherwise you would have to make them a bit tall. You could always go for something like the one in Mount and Musket but that one is VERY 18th century and would look a bit too out of place.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2011, 01:19:22 am »
Horsemen should still be able to jump them...

No way should there be an invisible wall around them

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2011, 01:21:20 am »
Give plated chargers immunity to such blockade and the game will be very balanced :mrgreen: