Author Topic: Cavalry is clearly way overpowered  (Read 23601 times)

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
Re: Cavalry is clearly way overpowered
« Reply #195 on: September 05, 2011, 12:39:44 am »
gtfo your logic this is a whine thread  :rolleyes:

Good point! Sorry, I'll start inputting in a manner more suited to the thread...

actually its surprisingly hard to lower my mind to the level of the whiners... I cant do it I'm afraid, common sense keeps kicking in :P
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #196 on: September 05, 2011, 01:11:41 am »
+1
It is always good to have contrast or everyone would just be padding each others on the shoulder and nothing would be fixed or done ever.

Personally I just dislike that Cav is so silent, but as mentioned several times that is due to the actual game engine, there is no directional sound (lol). Nothing to be done except perhaps WSE (?).
Other than that, the fact that people have 7 riding etc now makes them incredible fast and able to turn around on a dime, I loathe that spinning around on your horse in circles while trying to reach the enemy with the tip of your lance, it is completely ridiculous that you would have the same maneuverability on a horse as on foot, both in terms of game-play and that it's frankly silly as hell.

I can understand why those playing Cav are defending it because it is fun to play (because its a bit OP :p) and with high riding utilizing a heirloomed horse the damage buff from pure speed is insane.

If we could just fix the directional sound issue I'd be inclined to care less about the other issues though.

Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #197 on: September 05, 2011, 01:47:13 am »
Slow as anything though. One pike and you're surrounded by enemies and screwed cause you can't get out of there fast enough.

True.  If the enemies don't fucking teamkill each other in their rabid rush to attack the horse (which then bumps it's way out of danger).  Teammates:  The most dangerous enemy.
If we could just fix the directional sound issue I'd be inclined to care less about the other issues though.

Indeed.  It is, imo, the ONLY major problem with cav.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #198 on: September 05, 2011, 02:21:10 am »
+1
well but.. just onE thing.

THE SOUND CAN'T BE FIXED.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #199 on: September 05, 2011, 02:25:34 am »
So deal with it?

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #200 on: September 05, 2011, 02:28:30 am »
Well.. NO!

You see what happens is that once something is OP, more and more players get's drawn to that playstyle. Seen it a million times with archers and xbows.

Balancers need to play evenings on EU1 to see what I mean. Constant cav domination. And when GK is on they ride the x5.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #201 on: September 05, 2011, 02:31:10 am »
That's due to banner balance...not cav. Even if you nerfed cav, having GK on, or any clan for that matter, who works together and uses a particular class can often result in steamrolling the servers for a long time.

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #202 on: September 05, 2011, 02:41:31 am »
the fact that i can't hear someone in plated armour approaching me from the rear makes INFANTRY op, nerf them...
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 02:42:52 am by Lizard_man »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #203 on: September 05, 2011, 03:12:25 am »
the fact that i can't hear someone in plated armour approaching me from the rear makes INFANTRYPLATE/HEAVY ARMOR op, nerf them...

Fixed

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2591
  • Infamy: 1315
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 05, 2011, 03:14:02 am »
+1
When I started this thread I didn't expect it to "explode" like this. Fourteen pages in just two days! Must be some kind of a record on these boards.

So it's not just mine imagination, it's a hot topic and a real issue.

But I'm suprised that no one is against couched heavy lance, I hate that thing. Yes I can avoid it (but they can easily switch sides of couched lance, it has more angle that lance thrust) but I hate the fact that it gives power to crappy cav. Today I saw people who never stab with their heavy lance, just run around trying to get enough speed so they can press X while galloping into crowd...

Yes, I'm 2h player. Why? Because that's the only enjoyable class left. Archery is cool too but hate the lack of proper melee weapon and some decent wpf/ps. Cav is retarded class to play after lance angle nerf, it's simply super boring and has more to do with horse stats and ridins stats than anything else. Shielders always were super boring, 1h cav is slashbuming from behind, xbow is now plain retarded..

After all those nerfs 2h stands as only fun class to play in this game, contraty to the most OP and the most boring at the same time, cavalry.

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 05, 2011, 03:37:53 am »
Gorath, my point being, cavalry would take a nerf as a whole when it seems to me that most people have a problem with lancers, not cavalry as a whole, horses are in no way op, why nerf them, as for lancers, they're a pain in the arse but i don't think they need a nerf, say cavalry does get nerfed, what then, the nerf this because it can kill me attitude is a load of bullshit...

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 05, 2011, 03:42:56 am »
Gorath, my point being, cavalry would take a nerf as a whole when it seems to me that most people have a problem with lancers, not cavalry as a whole, horses are in no way op, why nerf them, as for lancers, they're a pain in the arse but i don't think they need a nerf, say cavalry does get nerfed, what then, the nerf this because it can kill me attitude is a load of bullshit...

I was simply clarifying that what you proposed was a "type" of infantry, and really just a gear issue not a class issue.  Though still being overall a *sound* issue.
Anyone with a horse is "cav", without one they're infantry.
Someone with Plate armor is simply infantry with plate, while someone with light armor is infantry with light armor.  The nerf point you were making is applied to the plate/metal armors, not the class.

Anyways.  My point still stands that Cav itself is fine and neither needs a buff nor a nerf.  It's simply the shitty nature of playing a game with vehicular slaughter of this kind while using a shitty 80's sound engine *maybe early 90's :P*.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 05, 2011, 04:05:29 am »
what then, the nerf this because it can kill me attitude is a load of bullshit...

It worked on 2h'ers so why not cav? If someone feels something is OP they will say it. Me going on about long spear/pikes others cav. However I still think Long spear is a bigger issue I do feel that cavalry, and their ability to either 1 shot with a 1h by bumping and then slashing as the guy is locked in bump animation is very unfair. Also how lancers with a MW heavy lance can 1 hit kill without even couching is bogus.

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 05, 2011, 04:18:48 am »
the fact that i can block skull crushing blows with my shield then be thrown off balance by someones foot is also something that is unfair, it's pretty much a bumpslash for someone on foot, though i must admit, bump lancing is fucking ridiculous...

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 05, 2011, 04:28:07 am »
When I started this thread I didn't expect it to "explode" like this. Fourteen pages in just two days! Must be some kind of a record on these boards.

So it's not just mine imagination, it's a hot topic and a real issue.

But I'm suprised that no one is against couched heavy lance, I hate that thing. Yes I can avoid it (but they can easily switch sides of couched lance, it has more angle that lance thrust) but I hate the fact that it gives power to crappy cav. Today I saw people who never stab with their heavy lance, just run around trying to get enough speed so they can press X while galloping into crowd...

Yes, I'm 2h player. Why? Because that's the only enjoyable class left. Archery is cool too but hate the lack of proper melee weapon and some decent wpf/ps. Cav is retarded class to play after lance angle nerf, it's simply super boring and has more to do with horse stats and ridins stats than anything else. Shielders always were super boring, 1h cav is slashbuming from behind, xbow is now plain retarded..

After all those nerfs 2h stands as only fun class to play in this game, contraty to the most OP and the most boring at the same time, cavalry.
Gotta be trolling me.

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.