Author Topic: Cavalry is clearly way overpowered  (Read 23577 times)

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
Re: Cavalry is clearly way overpowered
« Reply #210 on: September 05, 2011, 09:59:40 am »
It worked on 2h'ers so why not cav? If someone feels something is OP they will say it. Me going on about long spear/pikes others cav. However I still think Long spear is a bigger issue I do feel that cavalry, and their ability to either 1 shot with a 1h by bumping and then slashing as the guy is locked in bump animation is very unfair. Also how lancers with a MW heavy lance can 1 hit kill without even couching is bogus.

What the-?

Going FULL speed on a horse that we pay an arm and a leg for (20k+ half the time) and a lance that costs 9k or so, I think we goddamn deserve to 1-shot people who run at us or are stationary. Cav top the scoreboards just as 2h spammers do. These threads are annoying, I might as well stay away again. I'll just wait for the next nerf, since clearly people will never stop bitching about classes being OP in this mod. :/
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 05, 2011, 10:14:43 am »
What the-?

Going FULL speed on a horse that we pay an arm and a leg for (20k+ half the time) and a lance that costs 9k or so, I think we goddamn deserve to 1-shot people who run at us or are stationary. Cav top the scoreboards just as 2h spammers do. These threads are annoying, I might as well stay away again. I'll just wait for the next nerf, since clearly people will never stop bitching about classes being OP in this mod. :/

Not without couching you don't. If you couch someone sure you deserve that 1 hit kill but not with a stab.

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #212 on: September 05, 2011, 10:23:43 am »
Not without couching you don't. If you couch someone sure you deserve that 1 hit kill but not with a stab.

there is one guy that dont even die to couch "Grambol" or something like that, couched him twice every round and he survived both hits
wear some more armor and stop whining, no wait this might make you pay more upkeep ? ok forget about it keep posting

and also being hit by sharp pointy stick at around 40mph to the head could be a lethal shot, am i wrong ?

the mass factor is on our side im afraid
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #213 on: September 05, 2011, 11:51:04 am »
once again instead of being an man and solving your own problems peep wil just whine and let some other dude solve it.
just get more awareness , if you get taken by an lancer while your walking its your own stupid fault get an pike.
evrytime somebody gets killed by something instead of changin something himself they whine to devs comeone!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #214 on: September 05, 2011, 12:07:09 pm »
evrytime somebody gets killed by something instead of changin something himself they whine to devs comeone!
Can't.... quite.... code.... new..... sound..... engine..... nerd..... level.....insufficient.......brain......hemorraging......from.......strain......

*We now bring you this word from our sponsors:  PIKES ARE OP!!! ZOMG!!!111oneoneONEon!1   NERF ZEEEE PIKES!!!!!! TOOOO MANY PIKES ON FIELD!!!!!!!!!*
"And now back to the show:  Cavalry is OP!!!!1111oneonON!1
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 2198
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 05, 2011, 12:14:59 pm »
First of all Darian, I completely understand your point of view. I'm not big fan of nerfs either. But since you aren't playing for a long time you can't remember the fact that whenever something is too effective for it's own good, it gets nerfed in this mod.

Okay, don't nerf the cav, no problem there. But then give back 2H the old lolstab, old sword speed, old stab damage (34 on german ftw), give archers their projectile speed back, their 3 quivers of arrows, their melee weapon. Make everyone overpowered so everyone dies quickly, just like we die to cav.

But no, they nerfed 2H three or four times, archery god knows how many, throwing, poles... cav were nerfed once and it isn't actually a nerfed, it just buffed them.

Currently there is so many cav and will be more in the future. Why? Because it's super easy for FOTM morons to score kill and that's exactly what majority of this community consisted of piece of shit whiny kids want. They don't care about getting better, they don't want to try something new, they don't want to play nice.. this community is now just a bunch of kill greedy, zero skill, kids who want KILLS!

And cav is where killing starts and ends atm.

2H guy who top the scoreboard on map filled with cavalry is immensely more skilled than all cavalry players combined.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 05, 2011, 12:18:20 pm »
Most of the good players that get killed by cav usually only get killed because they were ganked by cav. A good cav rapetrain (2 lancers following each other) is a very good war machine : first guy bumps or kills, second kills the bumped enemy.It's hard to counter cav when you are outnumbered by them, just as with infantry or ranged enemies.

Very few good people are killed by lone cav without infantry or cav support. Cav is pretty much a support class that has all the assets to kill many people, but are fragile, costly, dependant on heirlooms (non heirloomed heavy lances suck, non heirloomed horses suck, especially in cav duels), are game for HA and HX and need others to engage the enemy units before they can kill anything. They are also good for killing the enemy cav when they outnumber it or are significantly better.

Lately I didn't see many more cav topping the scoreboard than 2h or archers.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #217 on: September 05, 2011, 12:20:16 pm »
Have you been playing lately?
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 05, 2011, 12:22:38 pm »
First of all Darian, I completely understand your point of view. I'm not big fan of nerfs either. But since you aren't playing for a long time you can't remember the fact that whenever something is too effective for it's own good, it gets nerfed in this mod.

Okay, don't nerf the cav, no problem there. But then give back 2H the old lolstab, old sword speed, old stab damage (34 on german ftw), give archers their projectile speed back, their 3 quivers of arrows, their melee weapon. Make everyone overpowered so everyone dies quickly, just like we die to cav.

But no, they nerfed 2H three or four times, archery god knows how many, throwing, poles... cav were nerfed once and it isn't actually a nerfed, it just buffed them.

Currently there is so many cav and will be more in the future. Why? Because it's super easy for FOTM morons to score kill and that's exactly what majority of this community consisted of piece of shit whiny kids want. They don't care about getting better, they don't want to try something new, they don't want to play nice.. this community is now just a bunch of kill greedy, zero skill, kids who want KILLS!

And cav is where killing starts and ends atm.

2H guy who top the scoreboard on map filled with cavalry is immensely more skilled than all cavalry players combined.

Those new cav you talk about are super easy to kill for ranged, pikemen, 2h (because they have nearly as much reach as pikemen without the "crappy" weapon) and other lance cav. Usually newcomers that want to play as cav try it then realise they die before the first tick and their wallet is empty after two rounds. Then they respec 2h, polearm or ranged.

Have you been playing lately?

Yes, not much on EU_1 though. The map rotation on our server also likes random plains anyway, and we generally have more than 50 people playing when I'm there.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 12:24:42 pm by Kafein »

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 05, 2011, 12:35:56 pm »
I take it none of you have ever played a strat battle with lots of cav yes?
Because in each battle there cav barely got any kills. This was mainly because the enemy team was organized and stuck together. The strength of cav is to pick off stragglers, in normal battle, the team splits into small groups. These are easy targets for cav.
So instead of whining, organize, bring some pikers and work as a team.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 05, 2011, 12:43:39 pm »
I take it none of you have ever played a strat battle with lots of cav yes?
Because in each battle there cav barely got any kills. This was mainly because the enemy team was organized and stuck together. The strength of cav is to pick off stragglers, in normal battle, the team splits into small groups. These are easy targets for cav.
So instead of whining, organize, bring some pikers and work as a team.

This is sort of a void statement, because you can't really organize randomers properly. Most of the time it will result in the team splitting, you dying early because you were screaming in team chat, that sort of things. But it's clear that organization and good troop balance (many shielders, many pikemen) can match a good cav team without problems.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 05, 2011, 12:48:16 pm »
This is sort of a void statement, because you can't really organize randomers properly. Most of the time it will result in the team splitting, you dying early because you were screaming in team chat, that sort of things. But it's clear that organization and good troop balance (many shielders, many pikemen) can match a good cav team without problems.

yes, thats the point. People are mad because they get killed by a class that is designed (due to lance turning reduction) to buttstab. They don't have enough of the counters to this class about and then whine when they get killed by it.

My suggestion. Decrease Maneuver of all horses. Increase speed (and maybe HP for the lighter cav). This means cav cant so easily weave in and out of enemy groups but instead rely more on a straightforward charge. Increase the HP of the horses to counteract the fact they can't dodge ranged as easily anymore.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #222 on: September 05, 2011, 01:24:44 pm »
There is many factors coming together on this :-)

One general fact that always is true:

Medskilled ppl. tend to whine (more).

Now I see siiem complaining for example, and he really knows how to play 2h... Strange.

Well.
IMHO:
The sound in crpg WORKS PERFECTLY FINE. If u blame this, either your ears or your gear is rusty.

You can nerf cav nearly as hard as you want, THOUGH NOTHING WILL, EVER get people to pay fucking more attention.

The nerf on lance rotation was needed, yes, a good change.
BUT...
If you still think cav is OP, just spec GK_Kerrigan for some time.
3/4 of his kills are done effortless.
Why?
The opponent is giving him the chance to do so.
Its so idiotic, stupid....absolutely beyond funny how unbelievably unaware 3/4 of the players are.

3/4 of any ranged personal cant make proper use of their weapon (I play xbow and bow from time to time, so regardless of the archery nerfs)

So what exactly should get nerfed to make it harder for cav in such an enviroment? Really curios...

Cav is damn powerful, yes.
But if you try to get a clear perspective on the reasons, you ll see that 2/3 of the work is allrdy done by the potential victims.

Funny, I play this game for so fucking long, always on foot, and cav now feels really really okay...

Dont get me wrong:
Actually I am against the nerfing policy in general, the "leveling" system and many other things....but i try to keep a clear view on things.

Nerf pike/longspear speed though!
1h/shield is fun btw!

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #223 on: September 05, 2011, 01:28:20 pm »
Cavalry has been nerfed every patch, at some point you have to realise that it's not that cav are overpowered it's that retards don't have a clue how to fight cavalry so they get destroyed. Most of the people who complain that cavalry are overpowered try to jumpslash riders (BAD IDEA) or get killed by cavalry when they are HONOURABLY dueling someone 1v1 and immediately complain when in that situation it was technically a 2v1 and you should never expect to win a 2v1.

this

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #224 on: September 05, 2011, 01:39:58 pm »
Most of the good players that get killed by cav usually only get killed because they were ganked by cav. A good cav rapetrain (2 lancers following each other) is a very good war machine : first guy bumps or kills, second kills the bumped enemy.It's hard to counter cav when you are outnumbered by them, just as with infantry or ranged enemies.

luckily there are things called "hills", "steep terrain zones", "narrow streets", "ladders", "roofs", "pinpoint xbows/throwing axes", oh and pikes/spears/anything that make a horse rear and finally upkeep.

i play a lot my lancer alt. crappy armor, crappy helmet, crappy boots, heavy lance and sarranid horse (yes the horse that gets instakilled by a cudgel). the horse upkeep is +/- 1500.

i can use it only when multi is x3 or more... or at x1 if i want to rapidly deplete my 30k gold bank.

a lgood pikeman covering infantry or ranged, can easly stop 2-3 lancers while the team do the rest. best tag team is pikeman+mauler. no heavy cav with shield can stand.

and i can't say how many lancers i dehorsed with my thrower alt (below warhorse, all horses get 1shot by jarids. warhorse and cataphract needs 2, charger needs 3, plated charger needs 4-5)

stop the nerf-o-rama fashion already. the game is somehow balanced.

devs should buff player's awareness and nerf retardness. i hope WSE can do that  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 01:41:19 pm by Corrado_Decimo »