Author Topic: Cavalry is clearly way overpowered  (Read 23598 times)

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
Re: Cavalry is clearly way overpowered
« Reply #180 on: September 04, 2011, 10:57:04 pm »
Get a pike.  Playing as cav on NA Servers isn't a cakewalk because people actually pay attention to cav.

So many goddamn ranged, costs of horse + armor is ridiculous, heirloomed courser even dies in 1-shot by crossbows 50% of the time.

It really is not OP. You took our hierloom bonus, our lance angle radius, and our stats and you want to take more? Just nerf HA again.

EDIT: Oh! Did I forget to mention the fact that 2handers, any polearms, and even 1handers can take down my horse with ease since my heavy lance loses like 100 reach while lancing forward (please keep in mind lancing forward is the ONLY direction that I can lance)?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 10:58:59 pm by Reinhardt »
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #181 on: September 04, 2011, 10:59:22 pm »
So many goddamn ranged, costs of horse + armor is ridiculous, heirloomed courser even dies in 1-shot by crossbows 50% of the time.

It really is not OP. You took our hierloom bonus, our lance angle radius, and our stats and you want to take more? Just nerf HA again.

I'm with ya man.  Cav doesn't need anymore nerfs.  We just need to force TW to give us a sound engine that isn't complete garbage.  Brb, I just heard an enemy infantry sneaking into the building two floors below me and to my rear-left in BF2:PR...
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #182 on: September 04, 2011, 11:04:36 pm »
cav does not need a nerf. Dumbass players need a buff, like assisting a pikemen

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
« Reply #183 on: September 04, 2011, 11:04:46 pm »
I'm with ya man.  Cav doesn't need anymore nerfs.  We just need to force TW to give us a sound engine that isn't complete garbage.  Brb, I just heard an enemy infantry sneaking into the building two floors below me and to my rear-left in BF2:PR...

While I CAN agree I've been killed several times as infantry by cavalry that was somewhat quiet, most of the time it was my own fault for not looking or assuming it was allied cav. What I'm saying is that we've been nerfed enough. Good cav is good cav, bad cav is bad cav, and good 2h spammers are good 2h spammers. Leave it as it is.
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2011, 11:06:53 pm »
While I CAN agree I've been killed several times as infantry by cavalry that was somewhat quiet

Again, it's not the volume or lack thereof it's the non-directional functionality that doesn't give you a clue as to location and distance of the cav you're hearing.  Volume is fine (other than cav across the map sounding just as loud as the one up your ass)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 04, 2011, 11:13:20 pm »
I hereby declare that I never have to read Overdriven's posts in a balancing discussion again! Man, you can spit out a load of bull.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #186 on: September 04, 2011, 11:14:14 pm »
Actually I was speaking from the perspective of seeing so many coursers *coughHueycough* on the field going 200mph, stopping without slide and spinning 360 degrees in .2 seconds in order to attack any side at will.

Well still trying to give the benefit of the doubt that they're not just lobbying from bias.  It happens.  Hell Chaos is pretty anti-ranged yet we still feel it doesn't need anymore nerfs and in fact probably needs to change back to pierce damage (perhaps a slight reduction in the damage number to balance it if needed, but pierce nonetheless)....
just less people using it ffs.

Coursers really don't slow down that easily...maybe if you have very high riding. But with 6 riding and my champ courser I know curbing the speed is hard once you get going. They also take A LOT longer to reach that speed. They certainly don't have very good acceleration. I know Arabians can do what you describe though, champ ones especially. I've grown used to chasing lancers only to have them stop and double back and lance you within a split second. Fortunately I tend to be a lot more aware of that trick now.

O and had fun killing all those Chaos cavalry today in the Fallen vs Druzhina battle. It's always amusing to head shot guys on warhorses   :twisted:

But yeah...I'm with you that the sound engine is the most crippling factor. Cav are impossible to tell directional. It makes it hard even as a cav player. But not a lot we can do really  :|

I hereby declare that I never have to read Overdriven's posts in a balancing discussion again! Man, you can spit out a load of bull.

Good for you. It'll be nice to read less of yours. You're so anti cav it makes my eyes hurt to read.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 11:17:04 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #187 on: September 04, 2011, 11:25:41 pm »
+2
Pikemen seems to be real HEROES for the infantry. THE perfect anti-cav infantry. But that's BS.

It's not an anti-cav, it just acts as a scarecrow. And it doesn't even work from behind. I can't recall how many pikemen i saw getting mobed by two cav. And usually, the first suicide charge of one cav isn't real suicide if well-timed, cause the horse doesn't die in one hit. Then another cav comes, bumping/couching/thrusting/killing the pikeman.

Plus, you don't need to be AWARE to be a pikeman. You need to have a radar and eyes behind your back 24/24. The only way to actually kill cav as a pikeman, is to feint being afk, and have the awesome best timing to turn-thrust, stopping the cav, then doing two good thrusts on the horse (luckily not blocked by the player) and horse is dead. But now, with maneuver and jet ponies, it doesn't even work anymore.

You can't win being passive, and that's exactly what are pikemen. And seriously, playing as a pikeman is too much nervous and tired. Compared to the thrill of cav. I can't play more than 1h straight of pikeman without getting bored and tired. So yes, it's usefull for the team but it's bs for the player.
That's against cav, of course. Luckily, it's still enjoyable against infantry.
But when being a pikeman is more enjoyable against infantry than cav, then there's maybe something wrong.

Sound engine, of course, would help dearly our dear pikeman. It will lessen the stress to always look at the back and the sides, everytime, every second, every... *pikeman killed by horse archer*
omg. . . .

I even wonder why GK clan takes so much expanse trying to defend horses. I know some of them are decent enough to easily overcome a -2 maneuver, -2 speed nerf. But then, there are the others... :rolleyes:
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #188 on: September 04, 2011, 11:45:39 pm »
thats why range exists

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #189 on: September 05, 2011, 12:05:19 am »
Good for you. It'll be nice to read less of yours. You're so anti cav it makes my eyes hurt to read.

It goes both ways ya know
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 05, 2011, 12:06:59 am »
i ride around on a champion charger(at x5 only to pay upkeep), and frankly its over powered because i go faster than infantry, i get kills as well, wtf that clearly makes it op, the whole double edged sword charge i do which if they hit me does unbelievable amounts of damage back to me or my "armored" horse well frankly thats op as well, also i top the charts here n there when it should be 2hers topping the charts not me. The only way to fix cav is to prevent them from doing anything, just remove all horses except the sumpter then you wont die by cav and make these thread
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 05, 2011, 12:08:58 am »
does unbelievable amounts of damage back to me or my "armored" horse well frankly thats op as well

Well to be fair, armored horses take a fucking billion hits from a 48c or 33p weapon to kill, and by merely having a shield equipped you are able to deploy an inpenetrable forcefield around even your horses ass preventing any and all melee hits from damaging the animal.

Just sayin.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #192 on: September 05, 2011, 12:26:46 am »
Well to be fair, armored horses take a fucking billion hits from a 48c or 33p weapon to kill, and by merely having a shield equipped you are able to deploy an inpenetrable forcefield around even your horses ass preventing any and all melee hits from damaging the animal.

Just sayin.

Slow as anything though. One pike and you're surrounded by enemies and screwed cause you can't get out of there fast enough.

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #193 on: September 05, 2011, 12:29:15 am »
GK defend horses cause we are a dedicated cav clan :P simple enough! Cavalry was good where it was, then whiners did their whining and we got nerfed several times. They expected us to lie down and go off the radar, they are dissapointed to find that cav is still killing them even after the nerfs they have taken and it seems people fail to realise how its their actions that make it so easy for us :P If people keep whining they believe they can take us out of the game, maybe allowing them to forget how they have faults ? :P

Bottom line we defend horses because we put time and effort into being competent cavalry and people seem to want to nullify our experience and work...
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 05, 2011, 12:30:01 am »
GK defend horses cause we are a dedicated cav clan :P simple enough! Cavalry was good where it was, then whiners did their whining and we got nerfed several times. They expected us to lie down and go off the radar, they are dissapointed to find that cav is still killing them even after the nerfs they have taken and it seems people fail to realise how its their actions that make it so easy for us :P If people keep whining they believe they can take us out of the game, maybe allowing them to forget how they have faults ? :P

Bottom line we defend horses because we put time and effort into being competent cavalry and people seem to want to nullify our experience and work...
gtfo your logic this is a whine thread  :rolleyes:
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics