Author Topic: CRPG has lost that luvin' feelin'  (Read 18370 times)

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
Re: CRPG has lost that luvin' feelin'
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2011, 08:34:52 am »
Oh you mean how I say that 2her is the easiest form of melee combat to do well with?
I still say that, and I still mean it.
It's also why I spec as a 2her so often compared to anything else.

Just lol
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2011, 09:05:36 am »
+1
Personally I think we need another reset to bring back the old cRPG spirit.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2011, 09:23:47 am »
Personally I think we need another reset to bring back the old cRPG spirit.

How would a reset bring back the "old cRPG spirit"? What is the "old cRPG spirit"? Does it only come around resets? Once per Christmas? Has anyone seen it? Maybe it died of old age?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Lisandro

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lisandro
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2011, 09:40:26 am »
Well, I never really hardcorely gamed Warband to start with, always played one or two games more I could just switch between. So I guess that keeps me from getting bored.
this.
I tried to do a full immersion to improve my misery skill,but..fail, my hand is bugged!Anyway it's normal,i get bored and i'm taking a break with Aoc and CO, when i will feel the miss of crpg i'll come back with my crappy hands.cya
Aspirans Aeterna

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2011, 09:50:08 am »
taking a break with Aoc and CO

Aoc being Age of Conan? What's CO? Just curious :D

Offline Lisandro

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lisandro
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2011, 09:58:12 am »
Champion on line  :oops:
and yes conan
Aspirans Aeterna

Offline Mannhammer

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Only War is Eternal
    • View Profile
    • Forty Thousand Years In The Future
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2011, 10:18:02 am »
+8
It seems that pew pew and long spears keep getting more and more common.

Back in the "good old days" Kesh could one shot my charger and one shot me in Full Gothic Plate as I got up, and I spent many an early morning fighting dying in strat battles to an endless rain of DRZ arrows. There was no short supply of archers in those days. With each successive archery nerf more and more players have pealed away form the class, leaving only those committed to the class. You haven't been seeing an increase in the numbers of archers on the field, but a combination of increase in player skill, evolution of archer tactics and the obsolescence of retirement(after the patch leveling an archer is like pulling teeth, once an archer hits lvl 31 the game changes + Strat). All of this leads to a perception of an increased archer population because the average archer is now hitting more and doing more damage, due to the previously mentioned reasons.     

For example, say the average lvl 27, archer hits 1 in every 4 shots they make. But the average lvl 31 archer is more accurate and hits 1 in every 3 shots. If your on the receiving end of the arrows all you see is that your getting hit 25% more then you use to. As more and more archers quite retirering you see the increase in accuracy and correlate that to more archers.

Also, before upkeep everyone who wasn't an archer carried a crossbow side arm. So the overall number of crossbows on the field has gone down. But what we have seen evolve since the last patch is the dedicated crossbow men. These builds are deadly accurate at range and can 1-hit almost all players on the field. So the general perception of the cross bow has changed from a shot gun to a sniper rifle. So more accurate xbow hits may explain the perception of greater pew pew on the field.

Overall, does this help your burn out problem? No, sorry. I just wanted dispel the vision that the game has turned into counter strike and half the players are archer/dedicated xbows.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2011, 10:47:21 am »
I completely 100% agree. Granted I don't have thousands of hours (I only have around 980), I've noticed that it's just not fun anymore. I've done most of the serious builds, spent hours upon hours killing and dying,  poking, slashing, shooting, blocking, charging, holding, etc... I guess you can only do so much of the same thing before it get old.

I've been spending my time playing other games, and that's helped a little bit. I've also tried some joke builds (36-3 12 PS with a Warspear), and that's given me some slight amusement. It's just a shame that Strat didn't turn out to be what we were all hoping for (or at least what I was hoping for), and that the normal servers HAVE degraded into even more of a Pew pew fest.

Maybe if the put the Gen xp bonus back to what it was, it wouldn't be as much of a grind fest. Just limit the # of heirlooms points... Or maybe Don't limit the number of heirlooms. If there are more heirlooms, their value SHOULD decrease, it'll stabilize the market, then everyone can have heirlooms. Myyyy god....

But I digress. I just advise (As Tears has) to take a break. Play other games. Go outside. Build something. Put together a puzzle. Stop letting the digital vampire that is CRPG suck your soul away!

-Zylo
I couldnt agree more!

Offline Trippin

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2011, 11:26:10 am »
It lost it a long time ago imo.
In TS the newer players are still excited.  The other older players though talk about some upcoming game because we're so fucking sick of this shit.

For me personally I cannot stand to even look at this game sober anymore, and now it's getting hard to even be drunk enough to tolerate the game.  All I see is "fuckwad with a ranged weapon, fuckwad with a horse, oh look fuckwad with a ranged weapon ON a horse, chat flood of moronic babble about whatever the kids think are trolololy tonight, bunch of guys butthurt and tk'ing each other, etc."

Very rarely do I see a "good fight" anymore, just a bunch of bullshit/trolling/idiotic behavior.  If it wasn't for the guys in voip I'd probably never load this stupid game again.  Only got in 30 minutes so far today on the day off I took and I'm out of shit to drink and having to go to the liquor store now in order to have the proper tolerance to participate in strat battles tonight.

Fuck this game.

My god you are such a pathetic human being.

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2011, 12:29:01 pm »
+2
900 hours on crpg and Im still not bored. Ive got my char to gen 6 now and Im not going any further. Just grinding for a lvl 33 build which will inevitably take me forever. But its still something to work towards. I have an alt called Death_Muffin that I delete and skip the fun every few weeks so I can have somethin new to play - eg. a horse archer or a thrower/shielder or a lancer. Keeps the game fresh enough for me.

Though Im still having fun, you are right. The game does lose some of the magic and wonder you get from exploring a new world. But hey, isnt that true to all games? And besides when I get home at the end of the day after a hard shift or whatever, its kinda fun to log on to ts and shoot the shit with mah e-buddies.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 12:30:32 pm by Blueberry Muffin »
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2011, 12:30:21 pm »
ye burning out myself for some time, true that "older" players, the ones that play the mod for long time are starting to quit (or play allot less) and look for other games. i lose myself in the endless grinds and a month long generations, its awfull. plus for me the servers are quite choppy at times and dont run properly.

the popultaion did drop a bit on EU_1, u just get sooo tired of all the cav and ranged.

but the thing is theres no similar game like this and medieval head bashing is what i love about it and why i return, cuz i have a great group of ppl that i play and have fun on TS and beacuse there are still those epic moment when you slice somebodys face off proprely.

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline roymorrison

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO CLAN AMBASSADOR
  • Game nicks: roymorrison
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2011, 03:55:58 pm »
Back in the "good old days" Kesh could one shot my charger and one shot me in Full Gothic Plate as I got up, and I spent many an early morning fighting dying in strat battles to an endless rain of DRZ arrows. There was no short supply of archers in those days. With each successive archery nerf more and more players have pealed away form the class, leaving only those committed to the class. You haven't been seeing an increase in the numbers of archers on the field, but a combination of increase in player skill, evolution of archer tactics and the obsolescence of retirement(after the patch leveling an archer is like pulling teeth, once an archer hits lvl 31 the game changes + Strat). All of this leads to a perception of an increased archer population because the average archer is now hitting more and doing more damage, due to the previously mentioned reasons.     

For example, say the average lvl 27, archer hits 1 in every 4 shots they make. But the average lvl 31 archer is more accurate and hits 1 in every 3 shots. If your on the receiving end of the arrows all you see is that your getting hit 25% more then you use to. As more and more archers quite retirering you see the increase in accuracy and correlate that to more archers.

Also, before upkeep everyone who wasn't an archer carried a crossbow side arm. So the overall number of crossbows on the field has gone down. But what we have seen evolve since the last patch is the dedicated crossbow men. These builds are deadly accurate at range and can 1-hit almost all players on the field. So the general perception of the cross bow has changed from a shot gun to a sniper rifle. So more accurate xbow hits may explain the perception of greater pew pew on the field.

Overall, does this help your burn out problem? No, sorry. I just wanted dispel the vision that the game has turned into counter strike and half the players are archer/dedicated xbows.

Wow, a good post. 
THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"

AND I WILL SHIT DOWN THEIR THROATS.

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2011, 04:02:20 pm »
The game is alot more fun when you get your clan together and play on a server, especially when you've got TS to pass around those jokes and fo shizz.

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2011, 10:19:53 pm »

soooo the 15 dudes i saw of a 21 man team on the roof firing down on us were a figment of my imagination?

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2011, 10:37:12 pm »
+1
1. Complain to chadz.
2. Wipe.
3. Pre patch cRPG.
4. ???
5. Profit!