Author Topic: CRPG has lost that luvin' feelin'  (Read 18599 times)

Offline Varric

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
  • Lord of the Sun
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangians
Re: CRPG has lost that luvin' feelin'
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 11:47:49 pm »
+9
I know what we need.

More hats.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 12:01:04 am »
those with heirlooms are at a huge advantage because it's shit difficult to get them and leveling back up from lvl 1 just isn't fun anymore.
now go play and grind.
yeah  :?
I think a lot of people apparently need to stop playing, yeesh.

Gladly.  Point to another game that's decent, that ISN'T singleplayer.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 12:27:16 am »
yeah  :?
Gladly.  Point to another game that's decent, that ISN'T singleplayer.
If you mean mod, well I don't think there is one. But Halo is always pretty fun online.
You know developers never actually take anything said on these threads into account? We need a poll, and another poll becasue the admins claim it was corrupt and then another poll. And then everyone forgets and it's brough back up again and pushed to the bottom of the "to do" list and then someone spills coffee on it so it looks like "Make horses unplayable, long spears the best melee weapon and ban anyone  who dares question the admins with evidence"

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 12:44:13 am »
+1
i feel the same as rustyspoon , ive been playing since like forever (before last CRPG reset)  , my love for the game is still strong , but i hate the road it took ,

i liked the old Crpg , yes everything was fresh , current crpg is very good too , but people abusing of banner balancing , long spears , xbows galore , make this game really sucky on the NA side , thats why i play on low pop servers where all of this is far less annoying , also i kinda like playing on EU now where people are far less obnoxious...

if i dont smoke weed before playing i get too much rage to play for more than an hour :p

I love this game , its easily the best game ever , but players make this game less enjoyable...

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 12:45:26 am »
I know what we need.

More hats.

Instead of "feeling comfortable with your equipment" you get "Suddenly out of nowhere, you feel your pockets have grown. To your surprise, you have found a new hat! Unfortunately, there is a lock on it, and you need to open it with a loom key."

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 12:48:36 am »
I change my build/gear almost every week just to keep this game entertaining, otherwise its extremely boring  :( .
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ZyloRage
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 12:57:43 am »
+1
I completely 100% agree. Granted I don't have thousands of hours (I only have around 980), I've noticed that it's just not fun anymore. I've done most of the serious builds, spent hours upon hours killing and dying,  poking, slashing, shooting, blocking, charging, holding, etc... I guess you can only do so much of the same thing before it get old.

I've been spending my time playing other games, and that's helped a little bit. I've also tried some joke builds (36-3 12 PS with a Warspear), and that's given me some slight amusement. It's just a shame that Strat didn't turn out to be what we were all hoping for (or at least what I was hoping for), and that the normal servers HAVE degraded into even more of a Pew pew fest.

Maybe if the put the Gen xp bonus back to what it was, it wouldn't be as much of a grind fest. Just limit the # of heirlooms points... Or maybe Don't limit the number of heirlooms. If there are more heirlooms, their value SHOULD decrease, it'll stabilize the market, then everyone can have heirlooms. Myyyy god....

But I digress. I just advise (As Tears has) to take a break. Play other games. Go outside. Build something. Put together a puzzle. Stop letting the digital vampire that is CRPG suck your soul away!

-Zylo

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 01:01:14 am »

But I digress. I just advise (As Tears has) to take a break. Play other games. Go outside. Build something. Put together a puzzle. Stop letting the digital vampire that is CRPG suck your soul away!

-Zylo

nooo must...keep...playing... vampires must be slain!

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 01:07:07 am »
    I love this game , its easily the best game ever , but players make this game less enjoyable...

Couldn't agree more.

I change my build/gear almost every week just to keep this game entertaining, otherwise its extremely boring  :( .

I'd love to, but it has taken me almost 30 days to get to 31 so I CAN retire and change my build.  I really miss old cRPG (pre-NA servers or just after we got the 30 man) where I could have my 5-way hybrid and switch what I did every 3rd round or so.  1h/shield, hoplite, xbower, 2her, thrower, some variation thereof combining them.  Now, especially since I can't be a no-lifer (and wouldn't want to be even if I did have the time) all I can see is "great, 2 million more xp before I can retire..."
Hell, I still have 200k to go and I doubt I'll have the tolerance to play that long today JUST so I can go back to level 1 and start the grind all over again.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 01:09:19 am »
Couldn't agree more.

I'd love to, but it has taken me almost 30 days to get to 31 so I CAN retire and change my build.  I really miss old cRPG (pre-NA servers or just after we got the 30 man) where I could have my 5-way hybrid and switch what I did every 3rd round or so.  1h/shield, hoplite, xbower, 2her, thrower, some variation thereof combining them.  Now, especially since I can't be a no-lifer (and wouldn't want to be even if I did have the time) all I can see is "great, 2 million more xp before I can retire..."
Hell, I still have 200k to go and I doubt I'll have the tolerance to play that long today JUST so I can go back to level 1 and start the grind all over again.

I just respec when I get sick of the build  :wink:

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 01:11:39 am »
I feel kinda burnt out as well.

Problem is, there is no game like this at the moment.

Warband is a damned vampire, indeed.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 01:13:40 am »
I've already posted the solution to cRPG's problems, were the devs to take my advice, cRPG would enter a new golden age.
A very good, balanced, game changing suggestion!
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 01:15:58 am »
Crpg/warband is my go to game if I'm bored. That means I'll play anything else first until I'm bored with that. So for instance, back in March the Witcher 2 came out. I was gone from crpg for a while because of that one. Dead Island will be coming out in a week, then BF3, then Skyrim. But despite that, I know that if I ever have some time to kill, am bored or just want to whack things with a sword or shoot from my horse, I'll come back to crpg. It means that every time I play something else and come back to crpg, it's practically like it's new again. I still find myself playing well...but from a fun/interest factor I can always keep coming back.

That and I'm now collecting a nice array of alts  :P

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 01:20:03 am »
I've already posted the solution to cRPG's problems, were the devs to take my advice, cRPG would enter a new golden age.
A very good, balanced, game changing suggestion!

For a minute, I thought it was something useful.

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011, 01:26:09 am »
For a minute, I thought it was something useful.

I thought the same...