Author Topic: The List.  (Read 7235 times)

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
Re: The List.
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2011, 09:07:15 pm »
I read it. I like it.

Cav aren't nerfed as much as people are saying.

I personally would like to see that fixed up.

If WSE isn't implemented, it'd be cool to get rid of the pikes for now, simply because they're pretty broken, then put back in post WSE.

Polearms are indeed, the mecha class right now. Cheaper than 2h, spammable, and people are all "herp derp animashuns are giveaway." Tell that to the masses I slaughter with my Long Spear, which is pretty much a one attack direction weapon.

So far, the comments I've read are very shortsighted, and are made pretty much by people who see a nerf toward their class, and make a gigantic hoot about it, while secretly slobbering at the prospect of a different class getting nerfed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2011, 09:16:17 pm »
smart people giving smart feedbacks having read the entire thread

Ppl that agree with you.

stupid shits (i.e you) posting stupid replies.

Ppl who do not agree with you.

As i approve the effort and research of ideas, there is some things in this list that could be a good idea, but some are so crap that it decridibilise it all. If some of your proposals were implemented this game will become boring and lame. Most of this thing are not a feature of cRPG but a component of warband, of the game itself.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2011, 09:19:01 pm »
Each time I see a (more or less) good idea in this list, it is ruined by the next one.

All in all, very bad.

And yes I read it entirely.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2011, 09:19:19 pm »
I have gotten the impression from Patricias posts in the past, that he is, indeed, a dumbshit. His last 2 posts just prove that.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2011, 09:20:58 pm »
Ppl who do not agree with you.

I'm fine with people who do not agree with me, as long as they read the ENTIRE FUCKING POST (most of which read probably less than 20% of it) and as long as they explain why so that we'll actually progress and get past this impasse, instead what I get are people saying LOLNO without telling me why, thus not actually making any fucking progress, and they're hellbent on it.

Refer to the last sentence of Dexxtaa too, I think it illustrate this thread pretty well.

I also understand the alienation part, this is understandable, but please, everyone refrain from getting sissy fits.

I'm also going to stop replying to people, and let you guys to your little sissy fits in peace.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 09:28:43 pm by Patricia »

Offline Dahobo

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2011, 09:34:19 pm »
As for the no jumping I would say if the player is above a certain weight limit they will be unable to jump instead of nobody can jump.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2011, 09:58:57 pm »
As for the no jumping I would say if the player is above a certain weight limit they will be unable to jump instead of nobody can jump.

Why? People in plate could jump, get on horses, run etc.

Either remove it or dont
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2011, 09:59:52 pm »
a guy in full plate can jump, just like a normal human, a guy also did a hand-stand in full plate. a lot of people think plate weighs 140 pounds, but it acctually only weighs 40, that's still a lot, but it almost intirely rests on your shoulders, which feels light. if a guy in plate is knocked down, he can get up very quik too, don't belive those plate myths, plate armored knights weren't robots that could walk with 2 miles an hour, they could run, fight block and manouver like any other man.

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2011, 10:24:40 pm »
Since you said that your list was jumbled so that only smart people would read it, I decided to chime in.

What's the logic behind all of your suggestions [why should they be implemented], and where's your verification?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2011, 10:25:48 pm »
Patricia claims to be a god among men and the best player in all of warband. There is your logic/verification/blah.

Some things on the list are good, some are bad. Whatever...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2011, 10:30:06 pm »
:?

Thanks for proving my point, though.

Yah, I mispelled it on pourpose, cauz I am illitrite, cant rite fingz downne proparly.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2011, 10:32:17 pm »
a guy in full plate can jump, just like a normal human, a guy also did a hand-stand in full plate. a lot of people think plate weighs 140 pounds, but it acctually only weighs 40, that's still a lot, but it almost intirely rests on your shoulders, which feels light. if a guy in plate is knocked down, he can get up very quik too, don't belive those plate myths, plate armored knights weren't robots that could walk with 2 miles an hour, they could run, fight block and manouver like any other man.

well, if we want to use REAL LIFE as a balancer: plate armoured guys can run as normal for first 5 mins, then start to slow down, their attack speed and block speed slows too, and once they are shot or stabbed in any of their armour joints they cannot move the armour around anymore....I'm not saying nerf or buff anything, just that real life is not a balancer for gameplay.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2011, 10:36:28 pm »
....jumping OVER my character's head on flat fucking terrain, as I said, it puts olympic athletes to fucking shame.

No it doesnt, anyone who is physically fit can standing jump AT LEAST 75% of their own bodies height, weighlifters for example can standing jump over 2 metres without even trying, thats NOT EVEN A RUNNING JUMP. so, you can base your game tweaks on game facts, or on real life facts, but making shit up is just silly. Since we can assume that your perceptions are warped beyond belief, I will read your future posts as what they are: the raging of someone who wishes to replace a skill based game with a simulator, but is unwilling to also take into account realities of either. You have the best day now mate.

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2011, 11:01:04 pm »
Disable penalties from rain. If impossible, disable rain.

-Realisticly, rain does affect projectiles, so its ok to keep them. Since there is no wind system in warband, rain can kind of compensate       
   for that too. People and horses should also get the penalty(as they do now) couse if the dont it would be advantage over ranged and   
   mess up the balance. All in all, keep the penalties, tweak the values.

Remove bamboo spear, long spear, pike.

-Im sorry but  I dont see any reason to do such thing. Spears are weapons that were used in these times, and as such they should be
   in game

Lances become couch only.

-Great lances should be couch only, and they are couch only. Other lances, like heavy, light etc... are nothing more then a spear, and 
   spear can be thrust, longer the spear, more time it takes to thrust it, so its all about tweaking the speed rateing, which is ok curently.

Lances reworked statswise for couch only.

-Explained in point above

Full polearm turning on horseback.

-The polearm turning angle should indeed be wider, to the right- same as in native, to the left- more then curently, less then in native

Remove stagger.

-I dont understanf completly, stagger of what?

Implement comprehensive slot system.

-Imo, slot system should be changed. I thought about something like this; belt slot (1h, 1/2h weps) back slot (polearms, bows, xbows,
   2h) shield slot (shields) ammo slot (thrown, arrows, bolts). Since there would be only one slot for ammo, ammo amount should be
   incrised significantly. There are 4 slots in my vision, wich means it wouldnt be a problem to implement

Revamp upkeep to constant per tick.

-Im not sure if I understood this one corectly.

Standardize horse HP & armor (base HP, armor, +armor only on armoured, etc).

-see below

Rebalance horse HP & armor (less armor, more HP).

-Those two are mostly about balance, but no need for any extreme changes, Would be nice to see armour only on armoured horses,
    and generally more HP

Horse speed & maneuverability reduced when injured.

-Though loggically it makes sense, and many mods, esoecally singleplayer, have it, im not that sure will it be too big nerf for cavalry.
    But it might make a good thing if takes effect only bellow certain precentage of health, lets say 50 %

Remove majority of armored horses.

-Same as spears, don see why, That is more of a general item question on time period of items. If my memory serves me corectly,
    there was a pool on removing 15. 16. century weapons, and majority voted to keep the 15. 16. century items. I think it was even from
    one of the devs

Native animations.

-remove them or add them?

Plate either removed, or very expensive (and slot-heavy).

-relates to the remove majority of amroured horses question, and as for expensive, they already are, they drain money really quick,
     same as armoured horses

Only one-handers with scabbards (bastard swords qualify), bows with scabbards, and crossbows are sheathable; no doubling of sheath slots.

-I dont know what to say besides, no, balance would be harmed

Add transition to sheathe an item before being able to draw a new one.

-now we are spliting hairs here, there are more important things to be dealt with

Add minimum duration required to sheathe weapon.

-see the above

Crossbows lose their readied bolt when sheathed.

-yes that would be nice, bolt could fall of, or even if, lets say arrow doesnt fall, there is chance of accidentall trigger, and we wouldnt
      want that, would we ?

Throwing weapons become up to 3ammo unsheathable.

-Hmm, this one is confuseing

Rework throwing stats to better fit the pre-melee role.

-I think they are balanced fairly, lots of them, and they can sting well enough

Fix throwing axes stick-in model (or remove them entirely).

-Removeing them just for that would be idiotic

Spear-type throwing weapons become longer.

-dont see the importance, but it seems like an esthetic problem, then actuall problem

Remove lightsaber on all animations (notably overheads).

-I dont know what you mean by that

Color-based uniforms for each team based on team banner, including shield color.

-same as the above

Rebalance items based on logic and not stupid shit.

-Now heres the question, should they go for realism, or balance, and a note to you; balance doesnt always come with realism in
       games

Rework armor common distribution for 60% light, 30% medium, 7% heavy, 3% plate.

-hmm, im not sure i understand you completly.

Replace heirlooms with blacksmithing.

-And giving blacksmithing skill?, adding a single skill pulls a hell lot of strings and requeries hell lot of balanceing, which would
     tremendously alter the whole lvling

Weapon length is calculated -5cm from tip (pick-style weapons use center of pick tip).

-with this i agree

Twohanders above 105 length have polethrust.

-I agree, but maybe 110?

Increase average melee WPF, more benefits for higher WM.

-Agi builds would benifit too much

Add disarm mechanic based on comparing WPF, weapon weight & length between opponents.

-I doubt this is possible, but if it is, i dont see need, there is something simmilar already, weapon stun,

Blocking for extended periods of time deals flat damage to self based on WPF and duration.

-I would rather see that blocking constantly for a long period of time gives a certain wpp penalty for a certain period of time (that
     would simulate stamina)

Holding attacks for extended periods of time deals flat damage to self based on WPF and duration.

-I wouldnt add that, or even the thing i said in point above

Weapon blocks are cancelled once they block an attack.

-would make a game a bit too hard

Replace crushthrough with bonus against shields.

-I dont see how would that make sense

Shield skill is only used as a requirement for shields, in-game Shield skill is 0.

-If by that you mean that shield skill doesnt influence the shield stats, then yes i agree with that

Remove jumping.

-Huh?! really ? why ?

Remove horse jumping.

-HUH? REALLY? WHY?

Remove ladders from Battle.

- no, they dont get overused, and they are not overpowered.

Rework maps to reflect these changes.

-dont know in which way, but i would really liek to see more flat maps

Horses are reduced to a light gallop, trot, walk, or are completely stopped when bumping/knocking over infantry depending on the horse.

-I wouldnt do that, but bigger speed penalty when you bump someone would be ok

Fix horse charge hitbox.

-fixes fixes fixes , they'll fix if they can, but definitly not a priority

Horsemen take % damage of health based on velocity upon horse's death.

-Yes, seams ok

Bucklers mounted on arm instead of held in hand.

-To much work for a little esthetic gain, but if it would make you happier, then yes

Automatically start at 9 Strength 9 Agility and begin gaining stat points at level 14.

-I wouldnt mess with leveling, it finnaly works now after the big patch.

Make Strategus map large enough that positioning and travel is significantly important.

-And now it isnt?

Knockdown on items with 5+ weight only.

-that would leave to little weapons with knockdown effect, bit i would remove knockdown on 1h

Offline Gafferjack

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2011, 11:16:58 pm »
Yah, I mispelled it on pourpose, cauz I am illitrite, cant rite fingz downne proparly.

Proving that you were illiterate (or, rather, literate) was not my point. In fact, the first two words of the first sentence in my post were just for dramatic effect; I was more referring to the rest of my post. It's fine, though.