Author Topic: The List.  (Read 7248 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: The List.
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2011, 11:36:14 pm »
No it doesnt, anyone who is physically fit can standing jump AT LEAST 75% of their own bodies height, weighlifters for example can standing jump over 2 metres without even trying

I call bull shit. 2m? No way. That's taller than me and I'm 6ft2. Unless you're talking about along the ground...but he was talking upwards.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 11:37:56 pm by Overdriven »

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2011, 11:45:31 pm »
+1
....but making shit up is just silly.....

I agree, making shit up is stupid. Also the world record for a standing high jump is 1.9 meters.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2011, 11:46:17 pm »
+2
I thought I was the only one allowed on these forums to make shit up?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2011, 11:55:25 pm »
Yes, I read the whole thing...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Aleskander

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • I swear to drunk ossifer I'm not god
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aleskander, Alesoy Varsov
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2011, 03:31:33 am »
OP is mad as hell

"Die in Turkish Penis"-Grabber, 14-6-12
Never forget

Offline Kenji

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • Casual Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2011, 04:27:26 am »
I agree. Although only playing 2 gens of range, it seems unfair that ranged can easily get randomly penalized and no one else.
I'm certain that the rain can easily place other classes in disadvantage, as well.

For example, Heavy Couch Lancing Cavalry (A rare class equipped with heavy armored horses and a great lance):
When its raining, we can hardly accelerate enough speed to start couch lancing, let alone being slowed down by the random uphills and downhills on certain maps.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2011, 05:31:25 am »
I agree, making shit up is stupid. Also the world record for a standing high jump is 1.9 meters.

There is no official measurement mate, the "official" in the wikipedia page you read doesnt mean shit. Since it hasnt been an olympic event for 100 years, no one measures it. I have seen a 1.85m weightlifter mark his height on the wall and then squat jump over the mark like he was breaking wind it was so easy for him. And that's from squat to leap, no runup. With a single foot takeoff like in crpg: not sure how high a man can go, but if you cannot jump your own height then you should do some squats before you go work every day. I've forgotten the name, but there is a tribe in africa who jump for fun, and there are records of them leaping over a man who is sat on the shoulders of another man: that's with a runup tho.

But to the poster who said a player in plate leapt over his head on a flat surface in crpg: not possible unless if he came straight at you and you were standing still. But remember: even at rest, crpg characters dont "stand at attention". They have AWFUL posture tbh, they will probably have many back problems in fiture: Probablt why they retire so often :D
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2011, 09:16:17 am »
+4

Disable penalties from rain. If impossible, disable rain. No, rain is awesome. I like how it changes the battlefield. Also, penalties are hardcoded. Rain chance might be a bit high though.

Remove bamboo spear, long spear, pike. These weapons stay. We might be able to do something with WSE about toe-to-to piking but the weapons themselves have a place in cRPG.

Lances become couch only. Lances reworked statswise for couch only.Don't like this. Would make it boring. I like current lance dualism.

Full polearm turning on horseback. Lance angle will most likely be increased with WSE. We are stuck with either using full(Native) or couching(current cRPG) angle for lancing atm.

Remove stagger. Polearm stagger is a bit retarded atm with it's 50% chance. Mount&Flip-a-coin. We are having ideas for a deterministic, non-chainable polestagger with WSE using a minimum holding time& other factors. I like polestagger itself though.

Implement comprehensive slot system. Wut? I think it's pretty good now apart from the bugs it causes.

Revamp upkeep to constant per tick. Nope, this is the only part where I actually like randomness. Constant would be boring.

Standardize horse HP & armor (base HP, armor, +armor only on armoured, etc).
Rebalance horse HP & armor (less armor, more HP). I dunno. Not having problems with how it is atm. But I'll think about it.

Horse speed & maneuverability reduced when injured. Possible but maybe very frustrating. Not sure if worth the work.

Remove majority of armored horses.Why?

Native animations. No, on the contrary. If it was up to me I'd introduce even more of Papa's animations, substituting the retarded haymaker swings of 2h and pole with his more compact, realistic attacks. But I guess with that we would drown in tears.

Plate either removed, or very expensive (and slot-heavy). See no reason other than historical accurateness.

Only one-handers with scabbards (bastard swords qualify), bows with scabbards, and crossbows are sheathable; no doubling of sheath slots. Possible.

Add transition to sheathe an item before being able to draw a new one. ?

Add minimum duration required to sheathe weapon. Possible.

Crossbows lose their readied bolt when sheathed. Hardcoded. WSE.

Throwing weapons become up to 3ammo unsheathable. No, throwers have it hard enough.

Rework throwing stats to better fit the pre-melee role. wat

Fix throwing axes stick-in model (or remove them entirely). Hardcoded. Everyone likes axes sticking out of them.

Spear-type throwing weapons become longer. Dunno, I think they are fine.

Remove lightsaber on all animations (notably overheads). Wut?

Color-based uniforms for each team based on team banner, including shield color Dunno about that. Dunno if it's possible or even needed. Maybe players would feel hindered in expressing their individuallity. On the other hand we don't care about players.

Rebalance items based on logic and not stupid shit. No comment. Placing name on to-ban-list though.

Rework armor common distribution for 60% light, 30% medium, 7% heavy, 3% plate. How? Also, percentages are to harsh. I'd go with 30/30/30/10.

Replace heirlooms with blacksmithing. Ok, looms are now called blacksmithed items. Is that what you mean?

Weapon length is calculated -5cm from tip (pick-style weapons use center of pick tip).` Don't have a problem with current weapon length.

Twohanders above 105 length have polethrust. Hmm, I like how it is now with half-swording. But actually not a bad suggeston.

Increase average melee WPF, more benefits for higher WM. Thinking about this.

Add disarm mechanic based on comparing WPF, weapon weight & length between opponents. I was thinking about disarming and other stuff for a long time. Conclusion: it would cause a lot rage and is probably not worth the effort. The only thing I'd like is disarming a pikeman when his thrust is chamber blocked, forcing him to draw his 2ndary weapon.

Blocking for extended periods of time deals flat damage to self based on WPF and duration. Don't understand.

Holding attacks for extended periods of time deals flat damage to self based on WPF and duration. Makes no sense to me. We had plans on reworking the chamber/hold weapon attack thing with letting damage decrease(even below quick swing damage) if held for too long. The heavier the weapon, the harsher the penalty. No more hammers holding overhead forever around a corner. No more pikeman in taking-a-shit position all day long. With WSE.

Weapon blocks are cancelled once they block an attack. Don't see a need for this. Actually in 2on1 I like that I can block both if they are stupid enough to do the same attack.

Replace crushthrough with bonus against shields. I like crushthrough. Maybe we can improve it with WSE though. Actually I don't see how. But no removing.

Shield skill is only used as a requirement for shields, in-game Shield skill is 0.Don't like this.

Remove jumping. NO, don't take my z-axis away. It's freedom.

Remove horse jumping.Same. Horse jumps are already rather flat.

Remove ladders from Battle. Can be considered.

Rework maps to reflect these changes. Not needed.

Horses are reduced to a light gallop, trot, walk, or are completely stopped when bumping/knocking over infantry depending on the horse.
Fix horse charge hitbox.
I'd like 3 stage riding but dunno if possible or if it would work. I like the current horse charge mechanic though.

Horsemen take % damage of health based on velocity upon horse's death. Could be done I think. Horsemen might complain that the are already punished enough with the long downtime on forced dismount which usually ends in ground rape.

Bucklers mounted on arm instead of held in hand. Dunno if possible.

Automatically start at 9 Strength 9 Agility and begin gaining stat points at level 14. Might work. However some people like the total peasant feeling in early levels.

Make Strategus map large enough that positioning and travel is significantly important. Dunno. Not my resort.

Knockdown on items with 5+ weight only.I'm thinking about reworking knockdown with WSE to a non-random, skill-based mechanic. However I don't see why a <5 weight mace should not be able to KD.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 09:19:46 am by Paul »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1510
  • Infamy: 825
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2011, 12:48:19 pm »
Thank you for your contribution Paul. It's good to see how you look at this game.

Too bad you're gonna ruin this game completely. Oh well, I'll play until that happens. Thankfully you guys are slowly making changes so this mod might worth something for some time.

The way how they did it in native > yours and Fasader's ideas. But they are professional developers unlike you, so we shouldn't be too harsh to you guys :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 12:49:47 pm by Leshma »

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2011, 12:56:37 pm »
Bucklers mounted on arm instead of held in hand. Dunno if possible.

i think its possible, Mod With fire and sword has this i think, and i think they didnt use wse
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2011, 12:58:35 pm »
The way how they did it in native > yours and Fasader's ideas. But they are professional developers unlike you, so we shouldn't be too harsh to you guys :)

Thank you for your understanding.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2011, 04:29:28 pm »
Remove lightsaber on all animations (notably overheads). Wut?

I think she means the way you can twist animations into the enemies hitbox and do damage regards of how your weapon actually hit the enemy. Like how you can miss with a overhead, but at the last minute twist the animation into the enemy hitting him with the blunt side of the sword and still doing full damage.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2011, 04:31:49 pm »
I think she means the way you can twist animations into the enemies hitbox and do damage regards of how your weapon actually hit the enemy. Like how you can miss with a overhead, but at the last minute twist the animation into the enemy hitting him with the blunt side of the sword and still doing full damage.

limiting the degrees you could move after initiating an attack based on the weapons length/weight would be pretty cool.  No more dropping mauls on peoples feet after they dodge.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1693
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2011, 04:54:56 pm »
limiting, nerfing, long fights, realism, historical accuracy...

this mod has contracted some nasty disease...

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2011, 05:58:07 pm »
limiting, nerfing, long fights, realism, historical accuracy...

this mod has contracted some nasty disease...

Only one way to fix this...

WE NEED FINN BACK AND UPKEEP GONE!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login