Author Topic: 100+ gold per hour in some Towns?!?!  (Read 4812 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: 100+ gold per hour in some Towns?!?!
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 11:51:07 am »
Phantom and SPQR sum it up very well, anyway what will you do with that troops?

If i remember in last strat there was a link between pop growth and ppl working in fief, there was an interest to let ppl enter your fief (as you could take pop), now only interest is to take their gold.
We'll have to wait strat 2, big clan will need clanless and little clan for their economy.

Btw, in this old version of strat, there is no room for clanless and small clans, i don't think it's related to map size but more to game mechanics.
Ressources and crafting will change everything, new role will appear (merchant, caravan, master smith...)

It is related to map size and number of fiefs.  Many small clans had fiefs for most of Strategus until a third of the players formed a coalition and wiped out most of the smaller clans off the map.  Its supply and demand, when there are too few fiefs to go around, only the largest clans can get them (unless vassals of very big clans - essentially in a big coalition) and they need to keep all but clanmembers out of the fiefs they do have because they have too few fiefs for the large number of players they do have.  This also pushes many to form ever bigger clans/alliances, whereas a more open map would mean a more thriving culture for medium and smaller sized clans and its much easier as a clan to allow even smaller clans to recruit in your villagesa t 25 gold/ day or less as it simply isnt insanely crowded.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 12:06:23 pm »
+1
I am against dividing the map into continents. The community is too small for that, and the quarrels between NA/EU/(even maybe ASIA and AUS) clans add some flavour to the game.

On the other hand, a mitigating factor - like sensible economy - could limit the ability of large clans to overpower small ones.  One more thing could add to versatility of the game - much bigger map, with larger number of locations. Even a large clans cannot hold too many fiefs safely, so the there would be some room for medium small ones. The gameplay would be more interesting as well.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 12:34:17 pm by Erasmas »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LLJK_Korea1

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • What of it?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 12:48:13 pm »
+1
I am against dividing the map into continents. The community is too small for that, and the quarrels between NA/EU/(even maybe ASIA and AUS) clans add some flavour to the game.

On the other hand, a mitigating factor - like sensible economy - could limit the ability of large clans to overpower small ones.  One more thing could add to versatility of the game - much bigger map, with larger number of locations. Even a large clans cannot hold too many fiefs safely, so the there would be some room for medium small ones. The gameplay would be more interesting as well.

Yep, you pretty much hit the head of nail right here. Two continents would really suck, it would take all the edge of the Strat that it has now. EU can play on NA with 100+ ping, NA can play on EU with 100+ ping, the form of army and outfit just has to change with ping. Some may say its stupid and cheap, but I know many EU players who rake kills on NA like nobody's business and other way around. And Strat isn't about your K:D if you aren't a merc with some dumb "gold per kill"-contract, it's about working as a cog in a larger warmachine, and you can do all roles in that machine with 150+ except sniping.

e: Oh yeah and the reason for high hourly payments was already mentioned, the whole goddamn continent is at war and everyone is trying to cut corners.  :|
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 12:49:28 pm by LLJK_Korea1 »
PROUD CITIZEN OF PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF LLJK

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 01:53:03 pm »
CAPITALIST SWINES!

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 02:21:09 pm »
+1
Even if it isn't split...map need to be A LOT bigger.

Offline sWalker

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 08:52:18 pm »
the sWalker sees that someone is bitching about one of sWalker's taverns being too pricey...hopefully the sWalker won't have to unleash the dogWalker...

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 09:25:18 pm »
Jesus what a great thread this turned into.  Never expected to see rational posts from 3 different LLJK members...guess I'll have to rethink my bias.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BG
  • Game nicks: Jinx, Twistedsickle
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 03:44:55 am »
What about permanently Neutral Towns? or mercenary towns to recruit from like in Native? I know there isnt Neutral Towns in Native but what if there was maybe 4-5 several scatered through the continent that where Just not Capturable or what ever... Just think Strong Neutral Army or Mercenary army. I dont know... Im sure chadz is thinking of something although. Just the Factions out there and nothing else is Pretty dull?!?! When ever you wander in Native you do get attacked by Wandering Freelancers or Armed Wanderers who have left the Army. Just think that maybe enough of them had a strong enough force to take a village and hold it. THink imagination and opportunities open up?!?  Sorry for my shitty spelling. Anyways I dont know. Just my Ideas I have had for Strat. I was thinking Native. And Then I was thinking.... Hrm Strat. Hrmmmmm Dont make Strat Into native But Like Crpg Multi But take some of the things from native and Implement them. Like the INN idea. Like the Wandering Armed Peasants and Freelance army leavers and so on... Neutral guarded towns. I dont know these are just some of my own Ideas that Some of you probably think are shit and some of you will like. Im sure some of you will have some good and bad Ideas of your own! Throw them out there! lets see what comes out people.

JINX  :twisted:
Jinx

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 03:55:10 am »
And to my last Post. Why I posted it. Random MOBS as you may. Will help Keep the BIG strong arms Smaller as you may put it. Because they will be Randomly Spawned on a regular basis but not crazily so they dont get out of hand and they should fight each other too. Even attacks on towns from Rebel Encampments that may spawn nearby? anyone ever play Civ 5? Just and Idea. And the only way to stop the attacks on your town castle or city is too counter and destroy the encampment? anyways... just a way to keep big or midsized factions of small growing ones busy from getting to out of hand. tell me what you think maybe Im being absurd? just trying to throw ideas in the air.

Jinx :twisted:
Jinx

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2011, 03:56:05 am »
What about permanently Neutral Towns? or mercenary towns to recruit from like in Native? I know there isnt Neutral Towns in Native but what if there was maybe 4-5 several scatered through the continent that where Just not Capturable or what ever... Just think Strong Neutral Army or Mercenary army. I dont know... Im sure chadz is thinking of something although. Just the Factions out there and nothing else is Pretty dull?!?! When ever you wander in Native you do get attacked by Wandering Freelancers or Armed Wanderers who have left the Army. Just think that maybe enough of them had a strong enough force to take a village and hold it. THink imagination and opportunities open up?!?  Sorry for my shitty spelling. Anyways I dont know. Just my Ideas I have had for Strat. I was thinking Native. And Then I was thinking.... Hrm Strat. Hrmmmmm Dont make Strat Into native But Like Crpg Multi But take some of the things from native and Implement them. Like the INN idea. Like the Wandering Armed Peasants and Freelance army leavers and so on... Neutral guarded towns. I dont know these are just some of my own Ideas that Some of you probably think are shit and some of you will like. Im sure some of you will have some good and bad Ideas of your own! Throw them out there! lets see what comes out people.

JINX  :twisted:

And if all the clanless and all the ever small calns unite all their troops (instead of selling them!) do you believe they could have suffcient troops and gold to take a town? Peasant unite!!

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2011, 04:04:32 am »
Then you better hope your Towns and Castles have enough defences but do you really think that is going to happen Blondin? I highly doubt it. But it would be highly entertaining. :twisted:
Jinx

Offline Tetris

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Once a King, Always a King.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Aegis Sovereignty
  • Game nicks: SoA_Sovereign_Tetris
  • IRC nick: Tet
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2011, 08:23:58 am »
+1
I say they add mercenary tents that charge about 20 gold an hour and that hold about 500 recruits then disspaears when its all out of recruits to give out, then spawns elsewhere on the map :3

Offline Violent

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Violent
  • IRC nick: Violent
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2011, 02:02:59 pm »
+1
Jesus what a great thread this turned into.  Never expected to see rational posts from 3 different LLJK members...guess I'll have to rethink my bias.

Relax, Champ. We still have time to fuck this up.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2011, 03:05:42 pm »
+1
Yeah i know Jinxits, sadly it's impossible, random ppl will never organize themself to achieve this type of goal.

We don't even see any theme battle, random rather sell their troops that have a good funny battle.
I remember some Drz or Fallen theme battle that were epic, it was real nice time, and ppl that would never have a place in clan battles could make a fight with some tactic and organization.
I miss theme battle...

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 03:41:45 pm »
I think Selling Troops Should be Stopped to be honest. I think the only way it should be able to be done is if the person is in their faction. Transfer of troops to person in their faction or to their towns or castles. Pretty Stupid that someone would sell troops? Yea MERC troops..... ugh maybe im setting myself up for to many arguements there. I dont know. I just think selling troops is pretty messed up to be honest. You think Im medieval Times People where selling off their armies to buy an Heirloomed BEC? Just saying? lol.... Anyways... I still think its messed up.
Jinx