Author Topic: 100+ gold per hour in some Towns?!?!  (Read 4792 times)

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BG
  • Game nicks: Jinx, Twistedsickle
Re: 100+ gold per hour in some Towns?!?!
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2011, 03:52:33 pm »
I say they add mercenary tents that charge about 20 gold an hour and that hold about 500 recruits then disspaears when its all out of recruits to give out, then spawns elsewhere on the map :3

I do like that Idea. I think With these tents if they where to happen since they are "MERC" tents not peasants from towns it should only mean a 100 percent success rate per hour to hire. Or something close to... I would even go 25 gold per hour at 100 percent tbh just for the sake of getting an army quick.... just for the sake of getting back on topic. it would knock 75 gold off of what some factions are charging in their towns and the percentage would be up 50-60 percent recruit rate chance per hour from a paltry 40-50 percent recruit rate chance per hour and from what I remember there is only a couple of these camps on the map in Native but damn they where sure Handy.

For instance...... Im in a town right now somewhere  south east. I have been sitting in it for 24 hour now. And I only have 9 troops at a 44 percent chance to recruit per hour rate. IT SUCKS!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 03:56:52 pm by Jinxits »
Jinx

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2011, 04:32:51 pm »
+1
Just add some kind of wastelands to the east and to the south.
+ add some pirate isle in the ocean.

Those areas shouldnt have any fiefs in it but if you are inside you are allowed to build a camp there.
In those camps you can recruit at 30% chance for 10 gold an hour.

=> Kind of Babaric Invasions from the outlands.
=> Chances for Clanless players to get some troops for raiding or making some trouble.
=> Chances for defeated Clans and Groups to gather some stuff to launch attack on someone.
=> Perhaps Patrols of Clans to protect their borders from those bandits.

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2011, 04:33:45 pm »
I think Selling Troops Should be Stopped to be honest. I think the only way it should be able to be done is if the person is in their faction. Transfer of troops to person in their faction or to their towns or castles. Pretty Stupid that someone would sell troops? Yea MERC troops..... ugh maybe im setting myself up for to many arguements there. I dont know. I just think selling troops is pretty messed up to be honest. You think Im medieval Times People where selling off their armies to buy an Heirloomed BEC? Just saying? lol.... Anyways... I still think its messed up.

More than that, i don't understand ppl who BUY troops, we all know strat will be wiped... but this ppl must have tons of gold and don't know what to do with it.

+1 for this : "People where selling off their armies to buy an Heirloomed BEC" lol

Edit : i like your ideas Camaris!
Could be very cool if clanless could harass big faction, looting and raiding their fief and retreat to their lair, just like real bandits!
Bandits, Pirates, looters don't exist (anymore for Bandits! :wink:) in Caraldia and it could be a cool feature.
Calradia is too quiet for a medieval world (except the backstab drama i mean).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 04:38:12 pm by Gheritarish le Loki »

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2011, 10:15:58 pm »
You guys say this now, but you would never like having LLJK setup their bandit shop in your neighborhood.

It would be easily exploited. Just have 30 members not be in your faction to harvest bandit camps for more troops.

Do you think you would even be allowed to move around to get into the bandit camps? If a bandit camp spawned in the middle of a clan's territory, you would never even be allowed to get close without being smashed by large armies.

Suddenly, neutrals no longer even permitted in faction territories, let alone recruit troops.

Yeah sure you might be able to raid or whatever, but it wouldn't help anything, it would just be a minor inconvenience for large clans.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2011, 01:41:23 am »
The merc camps as stated above would not last long Phantom. Maybe a day or two max. for that Reason. Plus they would be Neutral Zones. However the Neutral Towns if ever brought in Im sure would have dozens of clanless and small clans around it defending it from a group of 15 to 20 lljk who show up so as a stated up above again unless you grow in number and can somehow follow through with those threats of destroying everyone none lljk that come around well I just dont see you doing it. You guys are an awesome clan And I can see you doing some damage but there is alot of clanless and small roaming clans out there that would head straight for a small neutral settlement like that.

And alot of Neutrals are already getting Raped for gold in Big factions territory that is why the post was made.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 01:42:43 am by Jinxits »
Jinx

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2011, 04:01:30 am »
Strategus is not for the solo guy it is all about being part of something bigger than one man. Not every one can be as charismatic and awesome as god king Bird.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2011, 04:19:41 am »
Greziz is right, no one else but Godking_Partyboy_of_BIRD can pull it off solo.  Also, keep in mind if you dont owna  fief you dont have to apy upkeep for your troops.  Once you geta  few thouand troops we are paying more than you are to stay in our villages just to keep the troops we have, which you dont have to pay for your troops.  So it balances out.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2011, 05:48:26 am »
Ya that may be the case Kesh. However. You still dont get the idea. You are big almighty and Powerfull great. what are you Big factions going to do when you have no one but your selfs left to battle. It will happen. Anyways. I think im just going to sit in a big City suck out the gold for now and see what happens. Fight for people and see who eventually rules the map... I think there should be map resets every few months. Allthough I could see to many Factions/Guilds bitching about that too. Map resets Every say 2-3 months would make things interesting and keep Strat Going In my opinion maybe make recruiting take less time speed it up too 30 mins or every 15 minutes... And same with the Money making...  Its interesting But to be honest I only see the Big factions keeping interest. If chadz wants "EVERYONE" to stay interested he needs to make it more playable... if you disagree then be honest but for the small factions it takes way too long to get an army and for the 20-30 member factions there is 0 competion against those factions unless you have a large alliance and even then usually anyone can sign up and those Big Factions Usually get everyone signed up for them because they usuaully win and people are just looking for the Easy money. Too many Disadvantages of being a small faction in STRAT. And yes I like Strat But I think Im going to Stick with CRPG untill Strat Cant Come around more. Im just going to fight for people and SELL MY GOLD FOR LOOMS AND CRPG GOOOOLLLLLDDDD
Jinx

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2011, 05:58:17 am »
Haha just kidding.... I wont be selling Any Strat Gold or troops. We are still going to try and play even though we will be thrashed.... :( any idea when the new strat is out anyways?
Jinx

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2011, 06:38:27 am »
Find a ton of people who share your dilemma and form an UIF.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2011, 06:32:08 pm »
Ya that may be the case Kesh. However. You still dont get the idea. You are big almighty and Powerfull great. what are you Big factions going to do when you have no one but your selfs left to battle.

I hate to break it to you, but this already has happened. There is nothing left but large clumps now and all the randomers have already been swept away.

What will we do? Probably what we are already doing, and that is murdering each other senselessly in nice big wars.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2011, 07:18:49 pm »
I know it has already happened. Thats why chadz should Do Strat Resets Every Couple Months. And speed up recruiting and money you make to every 15 minutes leave everything else pretty much else the way it is im sure thats what he is doing anyways maybe just a bigger map. but I think a few merc recruitment places that have a few hundred troops that disapear and then respawns elsewhere would be cool. But the biggest thing needed Is a Reset I think.... People are going too loose interest, It doesnt take long to get all the gear and troops back up... and Im sure people will play if its reset.
Jinx

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2011, 07:20:14 pm »
What will we do? Probably what we are already doing, and that is murdering each other senselessly in nice big wars.

I guess it will end with 2 or 3 big alliances facing each other but no one will move... just like in old strat...

A reset or wipe will change nothing, big clan will always be the master at a time, i don't speak of clanless ppl (ok strat is for clan np) but small clans with this config will never have any chance against large clans with more members, because the only thing that make difference in strat is number of members for the grind (and stupidity). I really hope chadz have some idea for next strat to limit the power of huge faction, otherwise you can already close some clan faction in the forum, no need, join a big one.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 07:24:28 pm by Blondin »

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2011, 07:47:29 pm »
A reset Wont Change it your right but it will infact "RESET" it so everyone can "PLAY" again instead of just sitting around doing screw all. Maybe chadz Can put something in where if it does reset it tells the scores of the 5 highest factions. Army totals Money totals Town Populations and so on.... Then you can see who the real winner was. Who has the most land accumulation and who had the most assets instead of just guessing... Or hearing the people all say well I did we all know we did... When we can all really see it and know for sure... that way we can look forward to the end of a round have a reset and Start over instead a long Drawn out Stalemate. I think a Reset is needed... I keep thinking back to one game I used to play online called Earth 2025. From Swirve I think IT was called I cant remember exactly... Anways... But I dont know. Maybe a reset isnt what is needed maybe something else is needed and I or we just cant see it at this point.... Maybe we just need one of these fatass factions too start a world war but no one is willing to do it... its stalemates accross the board.... Maybe there should be an incentive to armies for attacking i know it sounds stupid.... Just get them moving.... Or make a reset happen... Just get the game going....
Jinx

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2011, 07:50:47 pm »
So... we have had just a few major wars, and most cities and castles are still neutral and not taken, I don't think now would be a good time for a reset.

I am sorry but Strategus is not for "everyone" that is what the standard battles are for. Strategus is for organized groups (like clans) to mess around with.

I really don't see the problem right now, I am sorry.

As for the "incentive for armies to start attacking" the battles page is filled with battles, so I don't understand why this is a problem either. People are still gleefully murdering each other in Strategus. Full-scale wars don't blow up instantly, it is the Players and the Politics that cause the ebbs and flows.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.