Author Topic: 100+ gold per hour in some Towns?!?!  (Read 4750 times)

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BG
  • Game nicks: Jinx, Twistedsickle
Re: 100+ gold per hour in some Towns?!?!
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2011, 08:45:52 pm »
Castles are Useless. And I would Love for a Large Faction too try to take a City and time soon. But it will most likely not happen. And yea your right there are alot of fights on the battle page but 16 or so of them are people attacking others that have really no army. The others are Legit Fights. So what maybe 4 good fights? So ya your right a Page LOADDEDDDDDDDDDDd with fights.... but not Legit ones... Just people picking of the straglers with a handfull of troops that will again have none because its near impossible to get any.  So if you dont understand I dont understand what strat game you have been playing but if there is another one send me the link. because im sure its more exciting then this one. And I dont know who you are But you  must be EU based and those 4 fights most likely are EU fights. Again Another Reason to have 2 Strats. EU and NA. Some people cant Deal with The lag of a EU/NA Strat Battle. Try covering up all the crap holes you want. There is too much too cover up.
Jinx

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2011, 01:18:10 am »
I am sorry but Strategus is not for "everyone" that is what the standard battles are for. Strategus is for organized groups (like clans) to mess around with.

I'm ok with that, but does that mean Strategus is ONLY for clan?

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2011, 01:58:02 am »
+2
The idea behind mercenaries is also so that clanless players who were good could fight for cRPG gold. But if they get paid in strat gold, they have to spend extra time finding someone to trade cRPG gold for strat gold, which isn't as common anymore.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2011, 06:59:53 am »
The idea behind mercenaries is also so that clanless players who were good could fight for cRPG gold. But if they get paid in strat gold, they have to spend extra time finding someone to trade cRPG gold for strat gold, which isn't as common anymore.

Hopefully it stays this way...
Jinx

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2011, 02:38:23 pm »
Why would you hope it stays that way? No clan is going to give out strategus gold for mercs, however I bet some clans would be willing to give a few thousand CRPG gold to good mercs.

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2011, 05:59:46 pm »
why would anyone want to fight for that clan then?. Crpg gold is useless to them in strat. That clan is just being Selfish. If they want to pay a good merc they should pay a few hundred STRAT gold like it says on the battle page.

Unless your talking more then just a couple thousand crpg gold... but I really doubt that. And Either way. Like I said I dont understand. Why would someone want crpg gold over strat gold? Strat gold is what matters to be honest it helps by the gear and what not for the battles and people are taking crpg gold wich is useless.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 06:05:51 pm by Jinxits »
Jinx

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2011, 07:41:39 pm »
why would anyone want to fight for that clan then?. Crpg gold is useless to them in strat. That clan is just being Selfish. If they want to pay a good merc they should pay a few hundred STRAT gold like it says on the battle page.

Unless your talking more then just a couple thousand crpg gold... but I really doubt that. And Either way. Like I said I dont understand. Why would someone want crpg gold over strat gold? Strat gold is what matters to be honest it helps by the gear and what not for the battles and people are taking crpg gold wich is useless.

Some people don't want to play strategus because they don't want to be in a clan or whatever, so by paying them crpg gold they could use it to buy heirlooms, pay for upkeep, etc.

But at the moment it is hard to find people willing to convert between crpg gold and strat gold, and it is completely unsecured and up to the trust between the buyer and seller.

While heirlooms seem to be dominating the market right now, strategus troops and currency trading is still in its infancy. Most likely due to the fact that strategus could be wiped at any time, which means it has a very high risk.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2011, 01:58:23 am »

In case you haven't noticed, troops and strat gold are even more useless to mercs than crpg gold. Unless you're planning to just randomly attack somebody with a similar sized army for fun. In which case getting paid strat gold would be useful, but you can make more strat gold playing on the crpg servers than you can fighting in a strat battle.

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2011, 02:45:29 am »
In case you haven't noticed, troops and strat gold are even more useless to mercs than crpg gold. Unless you're planning to just randomly attack somebody with a similar sized army for fun. In which case getting paid strat gold would be useful, but you can make more strat gold playing on the crpg servers than you can fighting in a strat battle.

Yea I knew that I just stupidly forgot it. Mercs are Pretty much useless by themself And have pretty much 0 chance of owning any village. The only reason I said anything about people buying and selling strat gold and troops is because I know some people are loaded in Crpg and yes some people are probably very interested in doing business wich means the people that are loaded with CRPG gold can amass a very large army very fast. I just dont see how that is fair for the people who Do not have loads of Crpg gold. If your going to play the game play it the way it was meant to be played. If chadz wanted crpg gold to be transfed to Strat Im sure he would have had the option built in through the Crpg Character page and Unfortunatley it is not Im sure he meant for the Transfer function to be used for your towns and faction and what not. But correct me if I am wrong. But again I am sure chadz didnt want people starting Strat with 2 million gold. Just using that number as a random number... Im sure some of you have more. ( CRPG gold  )
Jinx

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2011, 06:30:40 pm »
Yeah, that was the problem, it is hard to have a fixed conversion rate because of just how much money some people in cRPG have, better to let the invisible hand of the free market determine the exchange rates.

In the past, strategus gold was just straight converted into crpg gold 1:1 when paying mercs, and that was the only way to get money out. Now with the market and strategus out people can trade for more than just heirlooms.