Author Topic: 100+ gold per hour in some Towns?!?!  (Read 4793 times)

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BG
  • Game nicks: Jinx, Twistedsickle
100+ gold per hour in some Towns?!?!
« on: August 25, 2011, 05:18:49 am »
You guys trying to murder Strat or what? Seriously Every town I enter its been 100 and Im thinking it will get higher unless 100 is max. That is crazy. Only thing to do is go sit in towns to make money. Seriously. You make more money off of us trying to recruit in your towns then we make working in the big towns. Starting to loose interest in Strat with the killer hourly fees some of you greedy bums have going on. Call it rage call it what ever. Im sure it will all turn too this shortly when other clans/guilds start seeing the outrageous fees even being charged to friendly guilds/clans. Although I'm sure there is alot that needs to be implemented like for instance. In strat you can have an ally with x guild a war with y guild and charge x guild 5 gold per hour and charge y guild 100 gold per hour. Anyways just my 2 cents... Not raging  just starting to get anoyed. Was very interested in strat but its starting to get stupid. 100 gold an hour. Cmon.      (Think Faction when I said GUILD each time... for those Corrective types out there)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 05:28:19 am by Jinxits »
Jinx

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: 100+ gold per hour in some Towns?!?!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 05:27:40 am »
+11
Bitch, you got to pay top dollar for our premium deluxe whores and grade A 40s with the finest tavern in Sumbuja.  Deal with it, unless you want yourself some crackwhores down the road over in Reyvadin, I hear they pay you gold to sleep with them and suppply some of the white sugar.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 05:29:27 am »
Kesh Im not raging about BRD. CHILL Its not just BRD scout about your "not" Special. Everyone is starting. And ya I did sit in BRD towns for a few weeks getting troops because you had 0 per hour wich was awesome. You guys do what you need to thats fine. I have no shit against BRD I like BRD. There are a few other factions that I have seen charging 100 per hour as well.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 05:31:40 am by Jinxits »
Jinx

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 05:37:26 am »
Those Small time Factions will loose interest. When they have no place to Recruit when every faction is charging 100 gold+ per hour.  Because They wont be able to support an army. You cant get an army from the huge towns at 10% an hour. And when you loose 2400 gold a day? Anyways.... Im not even going to argue. You got the idea.
Jinx

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 05:37:32 am »
Kesh Im not raging about BRD. CHILL Its not just BRD scout about your "not" Special. Everyone is starting. And ya I did sit in BRD towns for a few weeks getting troops because you had 0 per hour wich was awesome. You guys do what you need to thats fine. I have no shit against BRD I like BRD. There are a few other factions that I have seen charging 100 per hour as well.

I didnt mean to be defensive, I was just trying to be a little funny with role-playing :).  No it does kind of suck because most people have to do it because its so CROWDED in strategus adn it takes way too much micromanagement to kick people out to keep recruitment percentages decent for clanmembers.  The best fix for this is to make 2 CONTINENTS - 1 for NA, 1 for EU, map would be about as crowded as last strategus then, which would mean you could allow people to recruit in some of your villages without crippling your clan's troop production.  Right now 15+ people in a village is the norm for many villages.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 05:45:18 am »
I have been traveling for 2 days now to try and find a good town. Maybe its my luck. I went down to where all of my clanmates are to transfer all of my troops to my boss. and came back and was like WTF! BRD went crazy! And left! am gonna miss the 85% troop Recruit rate! Again I have nothing against BRD nothing at all. I only hit the one of your town and went south and bam! the blue who ever they are. south are at 100 as well and others claim to have seen it as well. A buddy of mine in a different faction just started Strat and he isnt even interested because of the fact that he cant find a decent starting point now... Anyways. whatever. Maybe I should just lock this before it gets out of hand haha.
Jinx

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 05:46:27 am »
And no BRD didnt go Crazy I was just like WTF! 100 gold.... lol... anyways... ya... :(
Jinx

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 05:51:17 am »
+8
visiting fee should be linked to tax rate, and tax rate should influence population growth and recruitment rate

higher taxes mean more villagers have to get jobs to work and join army, meaning slower population growth because people are too tired to fuck after a long day's work or they're dead

Offline Jinxits

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Screw off
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 05:55:11 am »
you know what I totally agree with that. IF people support and come to your towns/cities then your population should grow faster in in turn more money for the owner that way. make a visiting fee but cap it and keep it small like an INN fee or something like in Native single player... the more people that use your towns the more advantages you get....??????
Jinx

Offline tankmen

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 06:35:34 am »
you know what I totally agree with that. IF people support and come to your towns/cities then your population should grow faster in in turn more money for the owner that way. make a visiting fee but cap it and keep it small like an INN fee or something like in Native single player... the more people that use your towns the more advantages you get....??????
sounds like a good idea to me
The purpose of wearing plate has become nothing more than crippling yourself to look like a knight... or maybe its my lack of athletics

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 08:12:55 am »
The best fix for this is to make 2 CONTINENTS  1 for NA, 1 for EU

^
This.  And it applies to damn near everything.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 08:36:45 am »
+3
I'd rather not have to kick out non-clanmembers every 10 minutes just to keep the % values up. At the moment, for some clans, having more troops is better than having more gold, since you need 1/3 the troops to even launch an attack, in addition having clan members also work in cities and play cRPG in general is more than enough gold.

After the population hits the cap it goes back to 100% tax rate, not a good solution.

If you want troops, buy them from the owner, it might still be 100 per troop, but it will be 100% guarantee.

The problem is, once you get a bunch of troops, what are going to do with them? Probably attack the villages you just got them all from. If you partner up with a larger clan, you may be able to get better rates on troops and maybe a few designated towns to recruit in.

2 Continents wouldn't really solve this problem, eventually all the land gets gobbled up and clans that currently don't have land, are muscled out of Strategus. But this is kind of essential, otherwise you would never be able to defeat an enemy, they would always just keep coming back, forever.

Having some benefit to having lots of people in your town/village/castle wouldn't solve much either, since the gold would just get set to 0, the clans who own the territory would still get stronger and the largest clans with the most members would rocket to the moon in strength.

There are villages out there with 25 or less taxes, you just need to find them, and don't expect anyone to tell you, because that would bring the rates down for everyone.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 08:40:48 am by PhantomZero »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA
  • Game nicks: CSA_Gen_Robert_E_Leet
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 09:15:06 am »
+4
I think the problem will be partly solved once crafting is implemented since it is likely that most clans will need traders and craftmen to bring them materials and help build equipment, which means clanless players will actually be useful.

As it stands now strategus is just a war simulator and every clanless dude in your territory is just another mouth to feed that doesn't contribute anything to the war effort.
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 09:50:10 am »
Also, I don't know if I like paying mercs in strategus gold, it doesn't seem like much of an incentive for most players. Especially players who may not have any use for strategus gold outside of trying to find someone to trade it into crpg gold.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 10:58:49 am »
Phantom and SPQR sum it up very well, anyway what will you do with that troops?

If i remember in last strat there was a link between pop growth and ppl working in fief, there was an interest to let ppl enter your fief (as you could take pop), now only interest is to take their gold.
We'll have to wait strat 2, big clan will need clanless and little clan for their economy.

Btw, in this old version of strat, there is no room for clanless and small clans, i don't think it's related to map size but more to game mechanics.
Ressources and crafting will change everything, new role will appear (merchant, caravan, master smith...)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 10:59:58 am by Blondin »