Author Topic: Blackrose server abuse  (Read 7923 times)

Offline vile

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Blackrose server abuse
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011, 08:50:12 pm »
Do I need to make a video also or is it clear enough?

Maybe take blood samples fill out a police report?

And chadz might wanna look at blackrose_baron_jeff and check out the database for him.

Offline Nick_Trano

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2011, 08:59:38 pm »
So, guys... there's this thing called being an admin. When you're an admin it's generally a good idea to watch what's going on in your server.

Now, stay with me here, this is where it gets complicated.

If you're spectating, you can easily see who's doing what on your server, which allows you to swiftly catch and ban rule breakers. Therefor, it is a good idea to spectate on your server even if you're not necessarily playing at the time, because it allows you to easily access admin commands and ensure that the rules are not being broken and the game is fun for all players.

Complicated, I know, but I'm sure if you give it a few read-overs you'll get it.

Offline vile

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2011, 09:01:03 pm »
So, guys... there's this thing called being an admin. When you're an admin it's generally a good idea to watch what's going on in your server.

Now, stay with me here, this is where it gets complicated.

If you're spectating, you can easily see who's doing what on your server, which allows you to swiftly catch and ban rule breakers. Therefor, it is a good idea to spectate on your server even if you're not necessarily playing at the time, because it allows you to easily access admin commands and ensure that the rules are not being broken and the game is fun for all players.

Complicated, I know, but I'm sure if you give it a few read-overs you'll get it.

Very true but when no one is on the server in the middle of the night do you need to do this and make gold all night long?

Offline blackrose_Baron_Geoff

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2011, 09:25:26 pm »
VILE the 3 pics you posted were took at the same time this is not proof what do you have against pest ?
other then hes a pest

Deathmatch only last for 30 mins then it switches to battle ( default )
I was in the server when you took a screen shot so were 2 other admins pest is not a leecher

I've checked the logs there is no Sir_Jeff on are server at all please explain your troll post VILE
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 09:38:23 pm by blackrose_Baron_Geoff »

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2011, 09:30:28 pm »
+2
I have actually been on the server when this happened
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline vile

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2011, 09:46:12 pm »
VILE the 3 pics you posted were took at the same time this is not proof what do you have against pest ?
other then hes a pest

Deathmatch only last for 30 mins then it switches to battle ( default )
I was in the server when you took a screen shot so were 2 other admins pest is not a leecher

I've checked the logs there is no Sir_Jeff on are server at all please explain your troll post VILE

First of all I am pest.

Second of all sir jeff I had wrong it is blackross_baron_jeff or whatever who I saw in spec for hours many nights during deathmatch (he was the only one on besides me).

Third the pics prove that this can be exploited you can go in spec and make gold every min while you are AFK

Last I did not take pictures of this being exploited like I said in other posts but it can be done and I will leave it to others and the higher ups to decide if it is ok that you can make gold on a server in spec mode (afk mode for some) I also will leave it to them to see if it was exploited (many times).

PS: I only troll IG this is sparta!

Offline blackrose_Baron_Geoff

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2011, 09:52:00 pm »
wow ...

so you came in are server for about 1 min took pics an left and called that leeching ?
then changed the name from sir jeff to Blackrose Baron Jeff cause there was no sir jeff in the logs
your post are sad and a waste of time reading

Offline vile

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2011, 09:57:40 pm »
wow ...

so you came in are server for about 1 min took pics an left and called that leeching ?
then changed the name from sir jeff to Blackrose Baron Jeff cause there was no sir jeff in the logs
your post are sad and a waste of time reading

No I changed it from sir jeff cause I thought it was blackrose_sir_jeff or something along those lines. If you look up and my posts I mention before you do when I tell chadz to look into blackrose_baron_jeff when I realized the name was wrong (I dont pay attention to your names I just assumed it was sir jeff but was not getting specific since when I made the thread who was abusing it did not matter, what matters was it could be abused) But since you made it matter I got my facts straight and got the name right.

And chadz might wanna look at blackrose_baron_jeff and check out the database for him.

^that was before you "checked" your logs

Anyways you can run in circles or whatever how about you just explain to everyone why you can make gold in spec and people have been doing it?

Or maybe change it so it is still not abused?

« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 09:58:52 pm by vile »

Offline OoberNoob

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_OoberNoob
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2011, 10:03:02 pm »
+1
You're missing the point of the thread. Hes showing proof that you can get gold while being in spectator. He cant prove jeff was on for hours alone the other night because he didnt take pics, but he has shown that there is a glitch with spectator mode. So fix that so no one can do what he was accusing jeff of doing and everything should be fine.

Edit: wow I type slow
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 10:06:52 pm by OoberNoob »

Offline Barbas

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Great President of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2011, 10:51:57 pm »
+1
Note the 970 xp in the screenshots..

Also in the first one, the "You are now level 1!"

What's the deal with that?  Isn't this what happens when a server isn't connected to the database, or isn't actually counting xp?  I remember when the database was having problems a week or two ago, and when you tried to play on a server you'd be naked and level 0 - also generation 0, which I presume causes the 970 xp per tick rather than the normal 1000 xp for gen1.

I'd like to see some confirmation that someone can get xp that actually counts on the website by doing this, as that '970 xp gained' message makes me think it isn't being counted.

Offline vile

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2011, 11:00:58 pm »
I guess I can take pics, make videos ect but the best proof is what you can see for yourself as some people have.

I can take more pics and show pics of me earning gold on the website but who is to say the gold I made was actually from that server?

I just suggest a fix and we can get on with killing eachother.

Offline Barbas

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Great President of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2011, 11:03:03 pm »
Well.. I'm just asking, you checked to make sure it was counting the gold/xp on the website?

I just thought it seemed funny with the 970 xp; just because a server is reporting xp/gold doesn't always mean it's actually counting it for the site, so I thought that should be confirmed

Offline vile

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2011, 11:11:00 pm »
Well.. I'm just asking, you checked to make sure it was counting the gold/xp on the website?

I just thought it seemed funny with the 970 xp; just because a server is reporting xp/gold doesn't always mean it's actually counting it for the site, so I thought that should be confirmed

That time when those pictures were taken no I did not check.

The first time I realized this was possible I went in spec and eat dinner and came back in 15 mins and realized I was gaining gold then checked the site and I was since I only needed like 500 more gold to buy the item I was after. Then with further investigation I realized "people" were staying in spec mode for long amounts of time when no one was even on.

I let it go since I figured maybe it was nothing and did not really care to much but after so long nothing changed and some people might have gained a unfair advantage on the rest of us. The only people who can really tell if they did are the higher ups but it is very possible they were.

Edit: next time they change to deathmatch I can check again if im still here (might go fishing this evening...)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 11:12:52 pm by vile »

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2011, 11:39:02 pm »
Since this guy tripped over himself to post this before getting solid proof and Blackrose would have to be literally retarded to continue after an accusation is out, this thread is pretty much over until a dev checks the database. At best he's exposed a glitch with the info presented, where if he'd had a little patience he could have had the CRPG scandal of the summer.

Offline vile

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2011, 11:47:44 pm »
Since this guy tripped over himself to post this before getting solid proof and Blackrose would have to be literally retarded to continue after an accusation is out, this thread is pretty much over until a dev checks the database. At best he's exposed a glitch with the info presented, where if he'd had a little patience he could have had the CRPG scandal of the summer.

What proof did I need I dont have nothing against anyone or want anyone banned I just want to play on a even playing field with everyone else and the only reason why I ended up getting the actual name is because that guy from blackrose really wanted me to let the cat out of the bag. But I still did not prove to anyone it was exploited and figure if the admins want to check this out fine and if not whatever its not like im paying for this game so I am not entitled to their service so they either take my word for it or dont. I will just go about playing as usual I just thought it was worth getting possibly fixed.

Even those people who exploit in some manner still die and are still capable of being killed so exploiting will only get you so far.