Author Topic: nuffen: stay or go?  (Read 38204 times)

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
Give me a damn example then! I cant believe u when u just shout out this shit on the forums! EVIDENCE man, evidence!

How?

Fraps 24/7??? How can i anticipate the moment?

Screenshots? How can i screenshot the context, i can screenshot logs and what will it show? Nuffen banning someone and thats it, no way of knowing was it just or not....

Proof in these cases is almost impossible to obtain....

Only thing left to do is to vote
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 810
  • Infamy: 732
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: nuffen: stay or go?
« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2011, 10:25:31 pm »
+1
Vote results will say who's minority and who's not.

Regardless what happens, I'm glad that Tenne got admin. He's a really cool guy.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:27:08 pm by Leshma »

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RagnarLodbroke, Mr_Heineken,SeriousPanda
  • IRC nick: RagnarLodbroke
« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2011, 10:25:45 pm »
What i think is kidna funny is that when a dude get banned by, lets say nuffen the first thing he do is to start a damn thread!

Are we gonna make new threads when he do some good work aswell, or is he supposed to hear only shit he do? I Support Nuffen anyway, as i stated in my first post...Nuffen is a GOOD!!Admin!

Kinda Laughable!(Dunno if laughable even is a word!)

Offline Different

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Alatar, and many more
« Reply #153 on: August 19, 2011, 10:26:25 pm »
+1
Vote result will say who's minority and who's not.

Regardless what happens, I'm glad that Tenne got admin. He's a really cool guy.
indeed he is ( and a damn archer  :( )

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #154 on: August 19, 2011, 10:27:39 pm »
+1
What i think is kidna funny is that when a dude get banned by, lets say nuffen the first thing he do is to start a damn thread!

And how else do you defend yourself if you are unjustly banned and want to play, you make an unban thread and state the matter...
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 19, 2011, 10:28:09 pm »
+5
The evidence is posted in the topic  in the admin abooze section of the forum. I'm sorry if it's not enough for you, or if you don't believe me (i won't cry), but i truly think that he should have his powers removed , there's more than enough decent people who've posted their applications to become admins, they can easily substitute him.

Not to mention that this is the 3rst (or 4th?) time Nuffen gets voted .

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #156 on: August 19, 2011, 10:28:21 pm »
+1
Nuffen, are still sticking to that fairytale about fair admin who only does his job you keep trying to sell? Because it is getting very old and it is very pathetic.
@Ragnar
Read why he was nominated in the first place. Do you think this sort of incident deserves ban, without warning? And then, when he complains about this, nuffen "forgets" to unban him even after the period has expired. And let me mention that prior to complain, he didn't even bother to set unban date, so for swinging at teammate (not hitting, on this they both agree, although Skwatish's report differs very much from nuffens.) he was set for a ban for year. This is classic example of admin abusing his power only because player pissed him off. So, this is your example. Satisfied, judge? Or do you need couple of dozens witnesses to testify and recording of the incident before you believe what happened?
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
« Reply #157 on: August 19, 2011, 10:28:49 pm »
Are we gonna make new threads when he do some good work aswell, or is he supposed to hear only shit he do?

That's part of the job. No matter if you're a game admin, a sysadmin or a police officer, that's always the same ;)

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #158 on: August 19, 2011, 10:29:19 pm »
+3
What should be more important than the outcome of this vote is the fact that some (many) people are not content with nuffen's decisions. He should've changed the way he's admining after the last vote IMHO, but he ignored the fact that only one vote has saved him his admin title (and I don't believe in conspiracies. Manipulating a poll in SMF isn't trivial and faking a one-vote-win would be really stupid, just because it's too suspicious IMHO).
Nuffen didn't take the last nomination as a chance to learn from critics (there are also some constructive critics like "it's good he's there, but he's too harsh" etc), although about 50% of the community would like him to change.

Personally I don't have any problem with him. The reason I voted "yes" this time is that he didn't change since last time (when I voted "no").

Sorry for my confusing English, I'm a bit drunk.

Actually, the _majority_ of those who bothered to contact me to give me feedback told me to be MORE strickt. Ive also started to warn a lot more (thanks to the "new" admin chat").
Murmillus prime got 3 warnings.
Ujin got several warnings.
Mizari got 2 mutes, 3-4 warnings against the group he was in (pimp), 1 TS warning and 2 direct warnings.7
Skawtish got 1 warning.

The evidence is posted in the topic  in the admin abooze section of the forum. I'm sorry if it's not enough for you, or if you don't believe me (i won't cry), but i truly think that he should have his powers removed , there's more than enough decent people who've posted their applications to become admins, they can easily substitute him.

Not to mention that this is the 3rst (or 4th?) time Nuffen gets voted .

If not seeing a guy attacking a teammate twice is an abuze, all admins are abuzers.
If kicking a teammate twice needs a ban, I would have to ban half the server.

The video does not show any action from me, and shows no abuse or admin use.

@Ragnar
Read why he was nominated in the first place. Do you think this sort of incident deserves ban, without warning? And then, when he complains about this, nuffen "forgets" to unban him even after the period has expired. And let me mention that prior to complain, he didn't even bother to set unban date, so for swinging at teammate (not hitting, on this they both agree, although Skwatish's report differs very much from nuffens.) he was set for a ban for year. This is classic example of admin abusing his power only because player pissed him off. So, this is your example. Satisfied, judge? Or do you need couple of dozens witnesses to testify and recording of the incident before you believe what happened?

As proven in the nomination thread, he 1. got a warning 2. got an unban date.
You are also claiming that 1. I didnt bother to set unban date 2. I "forgets" to unban him after this date that you claim I did not set.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:34:51 pm by nuffen »

Offline RagnarLodbroke

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RagnarLodbroke, Mr_Heineken,SeriousPanda
  • IRC nick: RagnarLodbroke
« Reply #159 on: August 19, 2011, 10:30:37 pm »
And how else do you defend yourself if you are unjustly banned and want to play, you make an unban thread and state the matter...

I wasnt thinking about the unban thread! I was thinking about this general discussion forum!

I just think this getting way too silly! take it as a damn man and when ur banned try get some fresh air, i believe its been a while since last time u smelled fresh air!

Offline Karmazyn

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 19, 2011, 10:31:59 pm »
It is really easy to be a good admin - warn before kick - kick before ban - time ban before ban with unban request - last ban with unban request.
If you break that chain you will annoy people because they will need to come this forum and post unnecessary unban requests for that they will try to make you lose the admin rights.
Si Deus Nobiscum quis contra nos

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 19, 2011, 10:32:30 pm »
+1
Ujin got several warnings. (c) Nuffen

Stop bullshitting already, Nuffen. I didn't get a single warning because i didn't do ANYTHING that broke the rules (name was BL_Aaron). What , now you're gonna accuse  me ? Pathetic.

The Pimp guys who got banned already spoke in their defence in the unban topic/admin abooze topic.

Ok people, this is Nuffen's word over mine now basically. I give you my word that i didn't receive a single warning because i didn't go anything to get a warning in the first place. Therefore, i will be straight about it and i'll just say that Nuffen is making things up now, on the go. Just anything to make himself look good. Wow, Nuffen. You really like your admin position , do you ?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:35:45 pm by Ujin »

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #162 on: August 19, 2011, 10:32:57 pm »
+1
It is really easy to be a good admin
Have you ever been an admin?

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #163 on: August 19, 2011, 10:36:11 pm »

Are we gonna make new threads when he do some good work aswell, or is he supposed to hear only shit he do? I Support Nuffen anyway, as i stated in my first post...Nuffen is a GOOD!!Admin!

Kinda Laughable!(Dunno if laughable even is a word!)

That's a narrow perception you have, just like Nuffens.

If I got banned for spawning and then start to hack at team-mates, cutting them to pieces and spamming the chat with dark red txt or even if I did so to one team-mate in the middle of a round when no enemies were around on purpose and then not apologise after doing it, then I'd accept the ban I was handed and sulk for a bit, but I wouldn't have grounds to make a thread.

Since in my two situations with Nuffen, one when he was as Lilith, firstly he kicked me for arguing with someone who was trolling me by insult, so in that situation one thinks, holy shit so some dude starts verbally shitting all over me and Nuffen does NOTHING, when I respond with counter-troll suddenly I'm kicked. Holy crap.

Second case, I get team-killed on purpose by a team-mate towards the end of a round, Nuffen was playing at this time. I complained in chat that I had been team-killed purposely by the player who's name is "SayAttack", some players suggested I make a poll but as the next round started I didn't want to interrupt game-play with a poll because too many people spam poll as it is.. Anyway my form of payback was to stalk this player and then to attack the enemy horse he whistled for as I started attacking the courser, the team-killer who I'd just been stalking hit me in the face with his sword taking 1/3 of my life off me. Enraged by the fact I was team-killed by this person on purpose the previous round, and then because he had the audacity to attack me again I raged. Spammed hits at his shield but I only wished to hit him back once, not to team-kill him. All the while, Nuffen was apparently watching, and eating popcorn.... When I get a hit back on this player he then attacks me back and continues to do so, to which I then retaliate and it ends up a fight to the death in which if I did not attempt to kill him, he'd kill me, (he feinted well with 1h/shield), and I'm not the best of blockers so attack was the best form of defence, before he or I (as I was almost dead) died, I got banned. BOOM.

Nuffen claims to have warned me 3 times verbally with pink text, but evidently I had not seen the warnings and was pre-occupied with trying to stay alive at the point they were given. If I had received a warning in a form of a kick which in the rules is stated as a severe warning then I would have rejoined the server and ceased the hostilities and played quietly for a night, yet I was not given that chance, and instead given the same punishment as the person who intentionally team-killed me and then team-attacked me the following round.

It's like someone robbing a house of an old couple, one of the robbers shoots the old mans wife, so the old man stabs the robber, only to be given a life sentence.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:41:29 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #164 on: August 19, 2011, 10:37:45 pm »
Ujin got several warnings. (c) Nuffen

Stop bullshitting already, Nuffen. I didn't get a single warning because i didn't do ANYTHING that broke the rules (name was BL_Aaron). What , now you're gonna accuse  me ? Pathetic.

The Pimp guys who got banned already spoke in their defence in the unban topic/admin abooze topic.

Ok people, this is Nuffen's word over mine now basically. I give you my word that i didn't receive a single warning because i didn't go anything to get a warning in the first place. Therefore, i will be straight about it and i'll just say that Nuffen is making things up now, on the go. Just anything to make himself look good. Wow, Nuffen. You really like your admin position , do you ?

I apologise, I thought you were the other pimp who was banned, those two pimps was the only ones I banned that day. I have done nothing against you, and I have no idea why you wanted me to warn against something, as you were not muted, kicked or banned. Whats this all about?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 11:04:32 pm by nuffen »