Author Topic: nuffen: stay or go?  (Read 38162 times)

Offline Different

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Alatar, and many more
Re: nuffen: stay or go?
« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2011, 07:28:27 pm »
lets say everyone here is a mindless puberting nerd then

just calculate guards + vrn + fallen ( probably ) = *no* votes + some random idiots

But I hope its not like that  :wink:

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2011, 07:40:18 pm »
lets say everyone here is a mindless puberting nerd then

just calculate guards + vrn + fallen ( probably ) = *no* votes + some random idiots

But I hope its not like that  :wink:

As much as I love how you think we Guards all stick by each other, we are not "lobbying" to keep Nuffen as admin. We accepted Nuffen on the grounds of being a good person and that the Guild believed he would make a good addition no matter his state in the player base. It was specifically stated by myself that we would completely disregard anything to do with his admin powers.

Although I know my members will be more sympathetic towards Nuffen since they know him more than most of you, the final decision down to which way to vote is left to the individual, not by the leadership forcing a save for Nuffen's powers.

Please stop dragging clans into "backing an admin" since although it is likely that the members have been asked vote one way, there is no "official clan lobby" towards keeping him.
I'm not sure if I am allowed to say this here, but in the original vote as to whether or not Nuffen should lose his admin, I voted yes to get rid of his powers. (He knows this) At this time DID have a discussion about whether or not we believed he'd abused but not a lobby.

I'm sure other clans will feel the same way since we're all intelligent people (mostly) and can make decisions ourselves without some big leader figure screaming to vote Yes, or to vote No.

P.S. I'm not defending Nuffen, i'm defending my clan!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 07:42:05 pm by Tennenoth »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2011, 07:48:47 pm »
+1
As much as I love how you think we Guards all stick by each other, we are not "lobbying" to keep Nuffen as admin. We accepted Nuffen on the grounds of being a good person and that the Guild believed he would make a good addition no matter his state in the player base. It was specifically stated by myself that we would completely disregard anything to do with his admin powers.

Although I know my members will be more sympathetic towards Nuffen since they know him more than most of you, the final decision down to which way to vote is left to the individual, not by the leadership forcing a save for Nuffen's powers.

Please stop dragging clans into "backing an admin" since although it is likely that the members have been asked vote one way, there is no "official clan lobby" towards keeping him.
I'm not sure if I am allowed to say this here, but in the original vote as to whether or not Nuffen should lose his admin, I voted yes to get rid of his powers. (He knows this) At this time DID have a discussion about whether or not we believed he'd abused but not a lobby.

I'm sure other clans will feel the same way since we're all intelligent people (mostly) and can make decisions ourselves without some big leader figure screaming to vote Yes, or to vote No.

P.S. I'm not defending Nuffen, i'm defending my clan!

You're entitled to support what you want, I'm not going to try and make you do otherwise, but that doesn't really help the vulnerable victims of abuse we have here, we've all been touched by Nuffen in one way or another, he keeps on throwing hammers at us, no matter how much of a case we bring to bear against him, he's able to get away with bad trolling and a smug hollow sense of superiority over other players he most likely has half the intelligence of.

I don't hold any grudges, I just hold some bitterness towards being abused, slowly it's become a slight bitterness of nuffen but it wasn't enough to make me want to argue with him or troll with him or debate crap with him, until he attacked me with his admin powers while I was in a position of do or die, and further when he then tried to discredit me through bad trolling and producing lies to back himself up, then further trolling me in another admin abuse case.

What a douche.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 07:50:28 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Different

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Alatar, and many more
« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2011, 07:50:06 pm »
+1
hey tenne you missed my first sentence ?  NP

8-)

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2011, 07:53:18 pm »
hey tenne you missed my first sentence ?  NP

8-)

Yours was the closest one to insert a quote through & normally I find people take offence to using them with quotes in these discussions and I chose someone I knew from in game as to not start a flame war or such like.

@Murmillus, as I said, i'm defending my clan, it has nothing to do with Nuffen other than the fact that we're not lobbying to defend him. We're making decisions by ourselves. Sorry for the confusion I guess :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2011, 07:58:55 pm »
+1
Eventually, one should just realise that these people are not worth the effort of admining and moderating and whatever, and just become a player without any responsibility. Believe me, it is GREAT.
Also you can lol at the other admins still struggling

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2011, 08:10:25 pm »
I have seen nuffen take action numerous times on both battle and siege servers, he has never targeted anyone who didnt deserve it.
Always warning ppl and being polite before kick/ban

And reading posts and stories on these forums........well you fucking deserve it, with your attitude.

Being an admin is a shitjob, hell id be one if i had the time,    and if i got PAID FOR IT.   

The one who throws the first stone, do you want to be an admin?

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
How?

Fraps 24/7??? How can i anticipate the moment?

Screenshots? How can i screenshot the context, i can screenshot logs and what will it show? Nuffen banning someone and thats it, no way of knowing was it just or not....

Proof in these cases is almost impossible to obtain....

Only thing left to do is to vote

My point was; If you have the proof necessary to 'convict' someone of being a bad-admin, you would not need community-votes to remove someone from a admin position.  And thus rendering Jambi's 'rule of three' void.
 (I put chadz as a logical human being into my equation:P)

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2011, 08:11:33 pm »
Fail.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 08:18:04 pm by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2011, 08:14:32 pm »
+1
I have seen nuffen take action numerous times on both battle and siege servers, he has never targeted anyone who didnt deserve it.
Always warning ppl and being polite before kick/ban

And reading posts and stories on these forums........well you fucking deserve it, with your attitude.

Being an admin is a shitjob, hell id be one if i had the time,    and if i got PAID FOR IT.   

The one who throws the first stone, do you want to be an admin?

I'll be an admin.

Also, to some admins, indeed it's a burden, but it's one they carry responsibly, to others, the reward of being an admin is not payment of any kind other than being in a position to which they can use their powers to get back at players they don't like or to make themselves known on the server to gain public recognition so they can further fuel their ego by becoming or attempting to become popular or liked, irresponsible admins, no matter the number of times they get it right, if they get it wrong so often there's at least 2 threads a month being made about them, well that's something which should indeed be looked into and considered before posting uninformed biased views.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 08:16:29 pm by Murmillus_Prime »

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2011, 08:15:58 pm »
+1
Nice, so anyone who's been treated wrongly by bad admins is now suddenly a player that lacks responsibility and consideration? You want this mod to die don't you? Because trying to alienate  sections of the community through false generalisations would no doubt help in doing so.

If you play at all on EU_1 then you can judge me for yourself. I sometimes swear, I sometimes type things in complete caps, but I don't go around team-killing, or wounding with intent and without provocation.
The other admins aren't having problems with having to kick me or ban me all the time, why not? Because I'm not behaving in such a way deemed worthy of punishment. There's MANY other players who fit similar criteria to myself who make up a large proportion of this community, imagine how boring this place would be without us, imagine how boring cRPG would be if people like you only had other people like yourself to play with.
You could, for starters, read what i wrote?
Not like YOU really need a reason to make retarded posts :lol:

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2011, 08:17:13 pm »
+1
You could, for starters, read what i wrote?
Not like YOU really need a reason to make retarded posts :lol:

Well if someone does say what I thought you said then at least I got that covered. High five.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2011, 08:21:41 pm »
+3
Pathetic thread.

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2011, 08:26:43 pm »
+1
My fridge is my shield

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #134 on: August 19, 2011, 09:01:27 pm »
Moderation on both forums and servers need a buff.
We need 20 nuffens!

Sometimes it's honestly embarrassing to see what is allowed, how low and distasteful the servers are sometimes allowed to be.
At the same time, even the most honorable can do stupid things. Though generally not bad persons, they need to be reminded that this is not a way that is tolerated (I've been drunk once or twice as well... believe it or not!).

Let Nuffen keep his admin rights and lets get some more serious admins in that league.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.