Author Topic: cRPG became BounceVille.  (Read 8865 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: cRPG became BounceVille.
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2011, 02:08:56 am »
Thing is, when you encounter someone that can block, as a balanced guy you can still footwork or go do something else. As a STR you can hopelessly fight for hours waiting for a feint or hold to do the trick.

I honestly think that if people block better, the metagame will shift towards agi. Agi lets you gang on people, thus negating their ability to block.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2011, 02:15:19 am »
nice to see the casual racism from EU, i thought i was supposed to be the racist one, i'm from the US??

anyway, except for really extreme builds with <9 str, strength builds aren't that much slower than agility builds. you guys aren't being consistent with your criteria/situations here. in a duel you could argue that tons of agi is better than tons of str. in regular battle killing enemies faster is always better and agi builds don't do that

also are you guys retarded or something? i'm not arguing for 33/6 builds here, i'm talking more 27/12
FREE ALLERS

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2011, 03:21:07 am »
Thing is, when you encounter someone that can block, as a balanced guy you can still footwork or go do something else. As a STR you can hopelessly fight for hours waiting for a feint or hold to do the trick.

I honestly think that if people block better, the metagame will shift towards agi. Agi lets you gang on people, thus negating their ability to block.

i think the blocking actually shifted it to strength builds, because now people want ultimate one hit power with crazy long lives, so you can block forever and one shot rather than get one shotted.

oh and strength builds are superior to agi in terms of teamwork (in general). Agi only can lure people to duels but they cannot gank a group of equal skilled STR players in armor.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2011, 03:33:44 am »
i think the blocking actually shifted it to strength builds, because now people want ultimate one hit power with crazy long lives, so you can block forever and one shot rather than get one shotted.

oh and strength builds are superior to agi in terms of teamwork (in general). Agi only can lure people to duels but they cannot gank a group of equal skilled STR players in armor.

^
This
Almost everyone has at least basic blocking skills now, which means the power of the 1-shot is supreme because taking 5 hits to kill a dude who can block somewhat well vs 1-2 hits is flat out inefficient.  Especially when that dude can 1-2 shot YOU because you're an agi or balanced build.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2011, 11:10:58 am »
strength builds are superior in every way, there's a reason NA laughs at the EU metagame. backpedalling polearmer is not a good build, deal with it

that's bs. STR have more pros than cons for sure but... a +3 morningstar with 8PS to the head will 1hit kill pretty much anything but maybe a 42/3 14IF with a unlucky slow hit. (pierce multiplier to the head is x3.)

so...

24 STR
8 PS
120 effective wpf

morningstar 41p

target head armor 60

Minimum: 31 (x3 =93)
    Average: 41 (x3 =123)
    Maximum: 51 (x3 =153)

see, a STR build will still get 1hit by connecting a proper tool to the face.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2011, 12:05:34 pm »
For the future I suggest you substitude your calculations with throwing a couple of dices. It will deliever a lot more accurate results.

"pierce multiplier to the head is x3." - wat? I'll never understand how people can make up stuff like this and present them as the truth without any self doubt. melee head hit multiplier is about 1.2 as far as I know - no matter what damage type.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2011, 12:07:53 pm »
Who the hell necroed this?

Xant.. oh snap.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2011, 12:14:43 pm »
Who the hell necroed this?

Xant.. oh snap.

Hu? What? You're out of control, man. Get a grip of yourself!
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2011, 12:21:11 pm »
:3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2011, 12:22:29 pm »
For the future I suggest you substitude your calculations with throwing a couple of dices. It will deliever a lot more accurate results.

"pierce multiplier to the head is x3." - wat? I'll never understand how people can make up stuff like this and present them as the truth without any self doubt. melee head hit multiplier is about 1.2 as far as I know - no matter what damage type.
Just a question, ranged hits to the head do inflict x3 their usual damage right? Melee is 1.2 for the head, 1 for the body and 0.8 for the legs, right?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2011, 12:28:24 pm »
nice to see the casual racism from EU, i thought i was supposed to be the racist one, i'm from the US??

Whoa, Americans are another race? That explains so much, dude.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2011, 06:43:44 pm »

that's what a lot of people told me. sorry if we're not in the "developer warband equations book".

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2011, 07:39:40 am »
melee head hit multiplier is about 1.2 as far as I know - no matter what damage type.

Wait what, I thought it was more.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2011, 07:50:19 am »
that's what a lot of people told me. sorry if we're not in the "developer warband equations book".

Well... alot of people lie... Unlike me, I never lie, ever.

Offline Deathwhisper

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2011, 12:11:32 pm »
Ranged headshot multiplier is 2.4 afaik, while melee is only 1.2.

A +3 morningstar to the head should 2-3 hit most tincans, maybe 4 hit if the guy is a strength build with lordly gothic with bevor.