Author Topic: cRPG became BounceVille.  (Read 8854 times)

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
Re: cRPG became BounceVille.
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2011, 01:43:06 pm »
Ranged headshot multiplier is 2.4 afaik, while melee is only 1.2.

A +3 morningstar to the head should 2-3 hit most tincans, maybe 4 hit if the guy is a strength build with lordly gothic with bevor.

well don't know. usually i 1-2hit plated stuff when i get the head. 41p to the head is kinda scary.. as it should be.

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2011, 10:23:24 pm »
Sadly for 1h, I have seen little no improvement of a str build over a balance build other than health, still takes 2-3 hits to kill anyone.....seems like the devs got this one right if they are trying to promote balanced builds.....but a bit annoying for someone like me with 30 str and 9 agi requiring 2 hits to kill someone when a 18-18 can do the same thing.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2011, 11:34:00 pm »
Sadly for 1h, I have seen little no improvement of a str build over a balance build other than health, still takes 2-3 hits to kill anyone.....seems like the devs got this one right if they are trying to promote balanced builds.....but a bit annoying for someone like me with 30 str and 9 agi requiring 2 hits to kill someone when a 18-18 can do the same thing.

well 2-3 hits to kill someone (like me with my 41p morningstar) seems pretty fine if you think it's paired with ranged immunity (shield) and autoblock (shield).

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2011, 11:36:22 pm »
well 2-3 hits to kill someone (like me with my 41p morningstar) seems pretty fine if you think it's paired with *partial* ranged immunity (shield) and *partial* autoblock (shield).

Since the shield nerfs you can't really claim "immunity" or "autoblock" anymore since they're so easy to go behind, around and THROUGH (via hiltslash lolmechanics)
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2011, 11:27:04 am »
Since the shield nerfs you can't really claim "immunity" or "autoblock" anymore since they're so easy to go behind, around and THROUGH (via hiltslash lolmechanics)

well with an huscarl you can survive a hail of bolts, with 6ps and steelpick you can 3-4 hit tanks. also if you face 3+ enemies, you have a pretty good time bonus until the reinforcements arrive. usually without a shield, you get ganked, you explode... until you manage to block something and run away from the mob.
with just your feet, you can't dodge good ranged forever.

anyway 6 shield and huscarl still gives you a good coverage. leads to a 18/18 build and other than good soloing capabilities, is invaluable in a village / open map strat battle. (human siege shield for teammate archers. even better because they can fire behind your shield.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2011, 05:04:19 pm »
anyway 6 shield and huscarl still gives you a good coverage.

Yeah I suppose that's probably true still.  Sorry, it's been ages since I've dirtied myself by using the scrubscarl instead of the smaller shields (heaters, horsemans kite, etc).  Carry on.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2011, 05:19:20 pm »
huscarl is sadly pretty much the only shield that suffers the least from the "lolmechanics" mentioned above.

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2011, 05:26:55 pm »
Lol fail, agi builds are by far the best :D
And the most fun.
I have use agi builds for most of my gens at its a lot more effective than str builds.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2011, 05:33:09 pm »
Lol fail, agi builds are by far the best :D
And the most fun.
I have use agi builds for most of my gens at its a lot more effective than str builds.
What do you see as an agi build? 15/24?

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2011, 05:40:06 pm »
I guess in today's crpg-standards even 18/21 is an agi build.  :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2011, 07:11:15 pm »

not an extreme agi build but still is it. as a 24/15 build is a str build. (not an extreme but still str biased).

oh and btw the 15/24 is the best among agi oriented builds. to be somewhat effective as a infantry, you can't go with lower STR than that (besides the 12/27 LAWLpike funny build.. but that's a support awlpike/pike and just die with one bolt, 2 arrows or 1-2 hits.)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2011, 04:04:52 am »
confirmed.

Lower than 15 str is not effective. (And that's ok)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2011, 05:43:25 pm »
confirmed.

Thats only okay if lower than 15 agi would be not effective.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2011, 07:39:42 pm »
confirmed.

you're the proof of that  :lol:

joking..

yeah without a pierce/blunt weapon, 3-4PS is not effective. a good player can still score kills with 3-4PS and 9-10ATH but... if the player is good doesn't mean the build is effective. as the same player would do 2 times better by going 18/21, 21/18, 24/15.

AGI is NOT a total waste. but at the moment you can't rely ONLY on that (and a 9/30 or 12/27buld mean relying on AGI).

i often get flanked by awesome ninja/samurais with very low PS. they keep hitting me over and over, i just hit em one time. they can be effective archer killers when 3-4 ninjas flank like a wolfpack. if they don't get instashotted down, ranged can't escape. but for all regarding infantry brawl, you simply can't stand with 45-50 HP and 40 armor. you can manage to manual block and footwork, but just a throwing axe / bolt / arrow / horse bump (bump + slash obv) and you're down.

Thats only okay if lower than 15 agi would be not effective.

well still effective as a killing machine, easy to run away from, easy to surround but when other people support you, the STR build just do the job. i would never go anything lower than 4ATH but it's just me as i like chasing down, footwork stuff.. even if some LLJK will say that more than 9agi sucks, imo anything less 4-5ATH is not... EFFECTIVE
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:43:26 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2011, 08:52:34 pm »
well still effective as a killing machine, easy to run away from, easy to surround but when other people support you, the STR build just do the job. i would never go anything lower than 4ATH but it's just me as i like chasing down, footwork stuff.. even if some LLJK will say that more than 9agi sucks, imo anything less 4-5ATH is not... EFFECTIVE
Plenty of people do really good with 27/12 or 30/9. As it is now high str builds are much less gimmick builds then high agi. I think the battle effectiveness of 9/30 should be comparable to 30/9. With 9/30 you glance a lot. With 30/9 you should get spammed a lot. Thats not the way it is, thats why the wpf curve should get less steep.