5 (9.6%)
Red
4 (7.7%)
Purple
7 (13.5%)
Stegosaurus
36 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: I am a bit dissapoint with NA 120  (Read 7029 times)

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
Re: I am a bit dissapoint with NA 120
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 09:16:55 pm »
Anyone is better then the current NA Official administration. If tears wants to give the time, give him a shot!

Anyone who doesn't have a name of LLJK_Zealot
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 09:42:34 pm »
LLJK and ATS cannot be trusted, you must seek help outside of the Evil empires! The rebellion will bring freedom to the people!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 09:47:22 pm »
What is all of this rebellion talk that I hear of? What was the catalyst?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 09:55:14 pm »
I think the maps on the server are fine in small doses but I can't tell one from another and there are too many. The only thing I know is that the spawns are fucked. Its always one team in a village while another team has to scale a steep hill or run for two minutes out in no mans land while the village team picks them off.

I'd also like the map to change after the first team gets 3 wins instead of 4, like the servers all used to be. I don't really want to play the same map 7 times in a row.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Panoply

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 10
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aristeia, Panoply, Pistachio
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2011, 10:00:31 pm »
+1
I'm thinking that the differing metagames between EU and NA (STR heavy) has a lot to do with the map rotations. The official NA servers are using the official EU server map rotations, and yeah, they're a lot bigger and more open than the ones we're used to from the ATS servers. It makes sense that EU has a lot more AGI builds, and NA has a lot more STR builds.

If the map rotation for official NA doesn't change, and the players actually manage to adapt (they're pretty stubborn), then I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a movement toward more AGI builds.

Tears got it spot on for me as an admin. I'm new, and still getting used to the tools at my disposal. I'm still developing my mental list of troublesome characters and reliable I-chatters. I find that no matter what you do as an admin, some people will approve, and some will not, whether they say its too lenient or too harsh. I'm not a huge fan of kicking because the worst it does is you lose a multi and have to reconnect, so I'll probably dish out 1 hour or less temp-bans.

The admin tools leave a lot to be desired, though I understand we still don't have full admin powers. I once accidentally tempbanned someone because I thought they were trying to TK a guy they'd reportedly teamwounded before, only to find out that they weren't on the same team, but I couldn't tell because in spectator mode, nobody has banners.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2011, 10:17:01 pm »
I've enjoyed seeing a lot more warnings than bans on these servers, but I don't play at prime time, so maybe I don't see the worst of it.

I'm just happy to be playing on the original Village again.

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2011, 10:24:49 pm »
Only map troubles I really have is the native maps, like battle on ice. Mostly due to playing on it so much before it boring. Or the hill. You know the one, where both teams have to scale a giant hill with a ruined fort to get to each other.

Personally, I like the open feel of the maps. Much more options to the player than choosing left corridor or right corridor.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2011, 10:32:42 pm »
I'll agree with the rotation, its pretty awful.  There were a few fun village attack type maps, but the maps were too big to begin with or one side clearly had a insanely unbalanced favorable position to start with vs the other team out in the open.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2011, 10:35:12 pm »
The admins on the NA Official servers due a pretty good job, some are too lenient or like seeing their colored text too much maybe. Normally a warning from Tears for example clears everything up. Popping into IRC and letting admins know or specifically for me, Smooth and Phantom, normally gets any shenanigans going on fixed within a minute or two. The chat is more free, so I can see where you are coming from there.

I would much prefer the way the current group of admins handle things than the heavy handed admins and even rage banners of other servers.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2011, 11:04:32 pm »
As a balanced 18/21 7ath build who specializes in cav hunting, I have to say that I detest the EU maps. I'm not slow, I'm not vulnerable to cav, it's just that taking 2 minutes to run across open fields, up mountains, and trying to flank villages is boring as hell. Yes, I do base my engagement strategies around flanking and avoiding frontal conflict, but even on my 10 ath alt it frequently takes me upwards of 1:30 to maneuver into striking position. I like the custom maps from the community because they offer variety, yes there are many smaller maps and many city style maps, but there are also many excellent open maps out there and it's a shame that they're not being used.

To those that say the open maps will result in the number of strength builds decreasing: I believe that new players may steer away from walking meat tanks, however I also know that the vast ranges of open space with no cover on many of the EU style maps results in archers becoming increasingly lethal, even while single. I fear that the unbroken cycles of village/plain maps will lead to a drastic increase in the amount of ranged players, and that in response those who do not take up shields will rely on armor and hp to a greater extent than what we presently see. I also think that it is safe to assume that those who have spent time heirlooming armor and weapons for their build will avoid change at all costs, in order to preserve their time investments.

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2011, 11:19:32 pm »
This is not a game balance thread, this was intended as a thread to make whoever is in charge of controlling admins and the map rotation knows that there are issues, and have them respond, please keep your asides elsewhere.

Offline Tanreall

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2011, 11:23:02 pm »
This isn't a thread for LLJK and NE to bitch at each other?

You sure fooled me.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2011, 11:23:40 pm »
I agree with the admin problem. Seriously, Gaga and Smoothrich? They can't do the job half the time (figuratively, maybe more or less).

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2011, 11:39:37 pm »
+2
This isn't a thread for LLJK and NE to bitch at each other?

You sure fooled me.

No, no it is not, read the OP. If you want to Bitch at eachother do it somewhere else please.

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2011, 11:57:04 pm »
I agree with the admin problem. Seriously, Gaga and Smoothrich? They can't do the job half the time (figuratively, maybe more or less).

There should be an Admin Abuse section for admins who don't do their job. It's almost as bad as admins who do it too much.