5 (9.6%)
Red
4 (7.7%)
Purple
7 (13.5%)
Stegosaurus
36 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Author Topic: I am a bit dissapoint with NA 120  (Read 7084 times)

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
Re: I am a bit dissapoint with NA 120
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2011, 06:55:09 am »
i haven't experienced any badminnery personally, i've seen lots of instances where it takes a long time for an admin to decide to kick a guy or whatever but that isn't a huge deal.  people sometimes getting away with being annoying

the maps are kind of boring but few are outright bad. lots are too hilly, a couple of them are just spawn at the bottom of a hill and climb until you see the enemies coming down the hill

shik needs to interact with the community more, imo, if he was in here talking to us there would be a lot less rageposting

edit: ecko you're the worst, etc, your servers have people like ctrlaltdel as admins, awful maps, and your box is actually a moldy cheezit box with two starved chinchillas shoved inside it

edit2: give me admin
He deserves it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2011, 07:08:46 am »
+1
Don't mind me. Just reassuring myself why blanket ban NA is that high on the to-do list.

Also, from my point of view the reason why Shik is, will and needs to be "lead admin" for official NA is that he is probably the only decent NA guy known to the dev team (and even part of it). The rest seems to be involved in the retarded LLJK vs. ATS conflict, which cancers itself pretty much through every thread started by a tea packet pusher.

Offline Panoply

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 10
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aristeia, Panoply, Pistachio
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2011, 07:09:50 am »
+2
I told shik i wouldn't post the irc log of his comments. Don't make me a liar. There is ample reason he should not administrate the NA servers. I've reserved most of those reasons because it would require the IRC log to confirm them. But it goes beyond the childhood schoolyard bullshit.

Jesus Christ... Why do you say things like this? I like you, and think you're a really helpful and accessible guy, but come on. I'd also appreciate if you stopped advertising your servers on the official ones. :P

As much as I love Tears, and I'm sure he'd do a decent job, this thread has no business questioning Shik's position. As Zealot said through all the foaming at the mouth, Shik's put a lot of work into making the NA official servers happen. I see no reason at all to even consider replacing him. Has he actually posed a problem to anyone (besides Ecko :P)? Or are people just jumping on this idea because Tears is such a swell guy? This all seems pretty unprovoked to me.

From my pov, I'm not even a bit disappointed with the NA official servers. I was worried about Zealot to begin, but I'm satisfied that he's not trolling now. I think there are even less issues of general douchebaggery on the official servers compared to the others. Yeah the map rotation has a few flaws with spawn locations, but otherwise I don't have a major issue with the style of maps, though I'm open to change.

Yeah, there's some lag at the moment, but my understanding is that has to do with the database crashing a couple days ago and not quite being stable yet, and not with our servers. Over the weekend I played with over 110 players on at once, and experienced no lag at all; a testament to the quality of the servers. On top of that, I didn't receive many complaints that required my attention over the span of many hours, and at 100+ players, I think that's pretty good.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2011, 07:24:03 am »
+1
Don't mind me. Just reassuring myself why blanket ban NA is that high on the to-do list.

Also, from my point of view the reason why Shik is, will and needs to be "lead admin" for official NA is that he is probably the only decent NA guy known to the dev team (and even part of it). The rest seems to be involved in the retarded LLJK vs. ATS conflict, which cancers itself pretty much through every thread started by a tea packet pusher.
I love that chadz complains about the nationalism and even bitched about the EU vs NA mentalities, yet we get comments like this from developers. I have no idea why so many NA folks feel left behind or have a distrust of the EU side, nope, not one clue why...  :lol:

Anywho, moving on...

I personally have not seen any noticable problems with Shik managing things, and might I remind everyone that these servers are new and some things are still falling into place.

I would also like to point out how important of a note that Panoply raised, that the Official Servers are not running correctly, so please do not mistake this for how smoothly, or lack therof, of how they normally run.

I also wish some people would cut out this rising crap of Official vs ATS server mentalities. This is not some competition. I don't see people from the Pecores server join officials and then compare and badmouth.

Can everyone take a breather, stop pursuing personal agendas, and relax?

And for the last time, the official servers are not LLJK servers in any way. Too many people refer to them in that way.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 07:26:17 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Nasturtium

• Count
  • Renown: 203
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2011, 07:37:27 am »
+2
YAARGHEBARGHL.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2011, 07:39:25 am »
YAARGHEBARGHL.

Darling, let me help.

Scroll down, look to the bottom left, and you shall find your El Dorado.

Only you can see it, and no one else can. Click it to find your peace.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 07:42:23 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2011, 07:41:25 am »
I love that chadz complains about the nationalism and even bitched about the EU vs NA mentalities, yet we get comments like this from developers. I have no idea why so many NA folks feel left behind or have a distrust of the EU side, nope, not one clue why...  :lol:
That's right, no trolling for you mister developers :D. No but seriously, I've bitched about this since the day I started going to the IRC, and I doubt it'll ever change.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login