Author Topic: Long spears aka pikes  (Read 32436 times)

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
Re: Long spears aka pikes
« Reply #315 on: September 03, 2011, 10:04:53 pm »
Siiem is one of the better 2h players on EU servers.

2h sword do bounce when you're facehugging, of course overhead doesn't but swings and stab often bounce. Stab is problematic because it requires small speed bonus, if you stay still and exchange hits at facehug range your stab will bounce off in most cases.

bad positioning, theres a reason why hiltslashes are so common

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #316 on: September 03, 2011, 10:06:33 pm »
bad positioning, theres a reason why hiltslashes are so common

Truth
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 03, 2011, 10:34:44 pm »
I was not complaining that 2h swords bounce with thrusts on facehug distance it's quite obvious why. I just made it a point that you can come around that alot easier with a long spear than a two handed sword or a one handed sword.

It might just be the polearm stab, if so a new one would be nice... maybe a delayed one like in 1h and 2h so they are more equal.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 10:59:20 pm by Siiem »

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #318 on: September 04, 2011, 01:23:59 am »
seriously how can people get annoyed by this.
uhmm how about block down?
ive been detic piker for so long now, people are inpatient and then get stabbed by me how about just block down instead of te spam, or maybe just adjust because pikers realy shine in 1 1v1 :rolleyes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 04, 2011, 01:40:54 am »
ive been detic piker for so long now, people are inpatient and then get stabbed by me how about just block down instead of te spam, or maybe just adjust because pikers realy shine in 1 1v1 :rolleyes:

I remember that you lost a duel vs Tzar in 2 seconds because you couldn't block a right swing (From a flamberge which has so fast swings). Yet you talk about people should learn to block down... Interesting.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 04, 2011, 01:42:57 am »

I love your avatar. I assume it's a self pic.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #321 on: September 04, 2011, 03:11:54 am »
I was not complaining that 2h swords bounce with thrusts on facehug distance it's quite obvious why. I just made it a point that you can come around that alot easier with a long spear than a two handed sword or a one handed sword.

It might just be the polearm stab, if so a new one would be nice... maybe a delayed one like in 1h and 2h so they are more equal.

1 hand sword point blank range is easier than longspear stab, it really is.

2h thrust is pretty bad at close range, but it gives you so much goddamn reach and if you spin around in circles you literally have like a 360 degree attack radius with 140+ range on some swords. That is wack but i deal with it because i am more tactically versitile than a 2h, as it should be

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #322 on: September 04, 2011, 04:55:47 am »

I get annoyed because the mechanics are dumb.  I mean sure I'm used to it now but I hate needing to block down in the first place when I'm right in someone's face when they have a pike. I know realism /= fun but the magical thrust at near point blank range is just absurd.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #323 on: September 04, 2011, 05:41:04 am »
but I hate needing to block down in the first place when I'm right in someone's face when they have a pike.

How dare people not be completely helpless to the awesome power of your visage when you confront them in battle and decide to facehug them with your *insert whatever weapon here*.

I hate having to block too, nerf everyone.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 04, 2011, 10:30:42 am »
Ok. I'll revise that. Get rid of overhead on the pike god damn. It's confirmed to be bugged and makes literally no sense. Balance something other then archery and throwing according to realism for once.

Then, whatever is allowing people to visually and clearly "miss" and then wiggle around to actually hit after all? Fix the hell out of that. You shouldn't be able to thrust past someone who dodges your attack, and then spasm around waving your spear like a moron, somehow slapping them to death with the side of it. I mean, you've walked past the pointy bit but it can still stab you somehow? I don't even...

Don't need to take away their block. Damage is fine. Do whatever you want with speed. It doesn't matter. See above for what does. /\
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 10:33:42 am by Cheap_Shot »
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 04, 2011, 10:43:40 am »
Ok. I'll revise that. Get rid of overhead on the pike god damn. It's confirmed to be bugged and makes literally no sense. Balance something other then archery and throwing according to realism for once.

Then, whatever is allowing people to visually and clearly "miss" and then wiggle around to actually hit after all? Fix the hell out of that. You shouldn't be able to thrust past someone who dodges your attack, and then spasm around waving your spear like a moron, somehow slapping them to death with the side of it. I mean, you've walked past the pointy bit but it can still stab you somehow? I don't even...

Don't need to take away their block. Damage is fine. Do whatever you want with speed. It doesn't matter. See above for what does. /\

Overhead we all agree on.  The whole being able to "miss" and then "wiggle" it?  Yeah, that's a huge problem with every weapon (most noticable on 2h'ers and pike style weapons though.)  Most of us want that fixed as well, yes.  Those that don't are those 2hers that abuse the shit out of the lightsaber effect.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 04, 2011, 11:03:47 am »
Overhead we all agree on.  The whole being able to "miss" and then "wiggle" it?  Yeah, that's a huge problem with every weapon (most noticable on 2h'ers and pike style weapons though.)  Most of us want that fixed as well, yes.  Those that don't are those 2hers that abuse the shit out of the lightsaber effect.

So basically if there were a vote we'd be at a dead split, or the jedis would probably even be winning.  :lol:
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 04, 2011, 11:06:34 am »
So basically if there were a vote we'd be at a dead split, or the jedis would probably even be winning.  :lol:

Pretty much  :mrgreen:

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #328 on: September 05, 2011, 02:03:20 pm »
+2
I lightsaber the shit out of people when on a 2h. It is amazingly broken!
>thrust passed people
>They stop blocking
>Swing sword thrust into their side
> Both of our brains explode
Same thing with slow overheads and hitting people in the legs by dragging.

The realization that every fight I do now I abuse game mechanics to the max ultimate extreme?
Feels good man.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 02:04:48 pm by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2584
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 05, 2011, 02:26:39 pm »
We need moar pikes!

Everyone should roll a pikemen so we can have pike wars.